Baltimore Mayor Says...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore Mayor Says...

“It’s a very delicate balancing act because while we tried to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.”

Source: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/...ce-to-do-that/

This is an amazing comment, which can be heard here:

Full comments here:

Whatever happened to Freddie Gray taking this position in response to the violence is insanity. Many of the protesters are targeting the Inner Harbor, which is of course the center of the business district and tourist attractions.

http://www.podblanc.guru/freddie-gra...cd3919154.html

After peaceful start, protest of Freddie Gray’s death in Baltimore turns violent

BALTIMORE — Six hours into a remarkably peaceful protest of the death of a man in police custody, a confrontation outside Camden Yards baseball park suddenly turned violent Saturday night as demonstrators clashed with fans who had turned out for a ballgame.

Before the melee was over, six unoccupied police cars had been damaged by protesters and police in riot gear and on horseback moved methodically to push the demonstrators from a key downtown intersection.

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...afa_story.html

Calls to end the violence have been made, but when the Mayor states those who are out to destroy private property are, and thus the clear implication will, being given space to do that, calls for peace tend to go up in flames.

The lawyers representing all of those damaged businesses can smell the easy money.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Now we have a mayor allowing rioting...

Great.

Sincerely,
      M
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

And, no doubt, the gangs, Hoodrats, and other outsiders have now taken advantage of her statement to conduct their mindless violence currently taking place. http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/0...-in-baltimore/
        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

So the Mayor encourages rioting, then sends in riot police to quell it.

Make sense to me.

I know BPD is thoroughly enjoying the opportunity for a spirited street debate with the local cop-haters.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            So the Mayor encourages rioting, then sends in riot police to quell it.

Make sense to me.

I know BPD is thoroughly enjoying the opportunity for a spirited street debate with the local cop-haters.
            Unfortunately, it has now escalated beyond that point with looting and rioting. It is time for the Governor to call out the National Guard.

Edit, the national Guard is being activated.
            “Breaking News,”

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
              BALTIMORE — Six hours into a remarkably peaceful protest of the death of a man in police custody, a confrontation outside Camden Yards baseball park suddenly turned violent Saturday night as demonstrators clashed with fans who had turned out for a ballgame.

Before the melee was over, six unoccupied police cars had been damaged by protesters and police in riot gear and on horseback moved methodically to push the demonstrators from a key downtown intersection.

Good to see that regular folks won't stand for that BS.

In the past we've seen them block interstates. I'm curious how well that would work on I287 during rush hour here in NJ.
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

This is starting to look more and more like the riots of the 1960s, only then we had leaders who were not afraid to take a stand.
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                  Unfortunately, it has now escalated beyond that point with looting and rioting. It is time for the Governor to call out the National Guard.

Edit, the national Guard is being activated.
                  To shoot rioters and looter on sight? Is that too much to wish for?
                  The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                    This is starting to look more and more like the riots of the 1960s, only then we had leaders who were not afraid to take a stand.
                    The whole world IS watching, more than ever before.
                    My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                      To shoot rioters and looter on sight? Is that too much to wish for?
                      During the 60s riot, the mayor of Saginaw told store owners to arm themselves to protect their businesses. The Hoodrats coming up from Detroit, who were spreading the violence to Pontiac, then Flint, quickly left when confronted by the armed store owners. Just the presence of people armed with rifles and shotguns was enough to scare them off.

Given today's Political Correctness, and the weakness of Obama and his Attorney Generals, I highly doubt if anyone would be allowed to shoot any of the looters, or, for that matter, shoot rioter that starts shooting at the authorities, be it the police, National Guard, or the military.

BTY, Saginaw Mayor Marsh happens to be Black.
                      “Breaking News,”

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
                        The whole world IS watching, more than ever before.
                        And noticing the utter lack of leadership throughout this country.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                          Now we have a mayor allowing rioting...

Great.

Sincerely,
                          M
                          Well, you've got to let your children play.
                          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                            Well, you've got to let your children play.
                            It became "The Purge" in real life.
                            http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bal...rge/ar-BBiL5oc
                            “Breaking News,”

Comment

I would like to see a proper Christian response to this situation , it would be nice if the le folks and the rioters/protesters can all have a peaceful get together to amend the situation . The pastor of the church whose nursey was reportedly attacked , correctly suggested that it's now time for folks to come together.

There must have been hundreds of Americans looting, rioting , starting fires etc, in Baltimore last night. A message should be broadcast by the mayor as well as the gov of Baltimore that stealing is a mistake. I don't know of any perfect person , I have made mistakes myself so I feel with a situation like this the thieves/rioters should be offered forgiveness by the mayor/gov. As for whom to Bill to clean up Baltimore , Americans should pay for this thru some sort of tax( if it's done properly it would not be to pricey after all sports stadiums are largely paid for by taxpayer dollars) whether on the state or even national level.

Situations like what we saw in Baltimore last night may prevent someone from wanting to move to or visit Baltimore, but if the situation in Baltimore is handled properly I think things will work out positively.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X