Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Murky Waters of the Clinton 'Foundation'...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    What is a puzzle is that General Petraeus was prosecuted, and rightly so, because of his mishandling of classified material.

Hillary Clinton had a server for her State Department email in her house which is the only server she used. And she isn't being investigated for security violations.

Incredible.

Sincerely,
    M
    Like secretaries of State before her, she used her own email account when engaging with any department officials,” spokesman Nick Merrill said in a statement. “For government business, she emailed them on their department accounts, with every expectation they would be retained.”

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said that the Obama administration had given “very specific guidance” telling all agencies that staffers should use their official email accounts when conducting official business, and that any business conducted through personal email accounts be “preserved consistent with the Federal Records Act.”
    Last November, Obama signed into law a bill requiring government emails dealing with an official matter sent from a personal account to be forwarded to an official email account within 20 days. That law and previous guidance issued by the National Archives have attempted to clarify the rules, but it was never expressly mandated that top-level officials use government-issued accounts.

“There was no prohibition on using a non-State.gov account for official business as long as it was preserved,” State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said on Tuesday.
    […]
    The Federal Records Act “assumed that high-level officials will use government-approved record keeping systems for the transaction of government business,” he said. “So while it is not illegal per se to use a private email account like Gmail, it is highly unusual for a high-level official to solely use a private account for the transaction of government business."

In recent months, the State Department has asked former secretaries of State to submit for preservation emails sent through their personal accounts. Clinton submitted 55,000 pages of emails, the State Department said.
    So if they prosecute Sec. Clinton, will they prosecute Colin Powell for using his private server?

Apparently, Powell can’t turn over any documents. Why? Because he doesn’t have them anymore.

"I retained none of those e-mails and we are working with the State Department to see if there's anything else they want to discuss with me about those emails," he said.

"I did not keep a cache of them. I did not print them off," he added. "I do not have thousands of pages somewhere in my personal files."

Harf acknowledged in a March 4 briefing that Powell's "account has been closed for a number of years," and said, "He’s looking to see if there’s anything responsive he still has."

You can draw your own conclusions about Powell not saving official emails from a 10-year-old account, and the relevance of that revelation to the Clinton controversy. Powell said most of his important correspondence would have been archived already, since they were sent to staff who had State Department accounts.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...hillary-clint/
    Homo homini lupus

Comment

The question is twofold:

Why did Clinton destroy her emails and not turn them all over? If you are buying her claim that 'they were private' then I have beach front property in the Nevada desert for you to purchase.

Did Clinton use her personal server, which was not cleared for classified information, for classified correspondence? If she did, that's a violation of both protocol and the law.

Hillary cannot be trusted and she dodges direct answers to direct questions. Do you really want her for a president? Haven't we had enough scandals over the last six years?

Sincerely,
      M
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
        So if they prosecute Sec. Clinton, will they prosecute Colin Powell for using his private server?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...hillary-clint/
        What "they" do to Colin Powell is irrelevant to the case of Hillary Clinton. Either she followed State Department rules and the law or she didn't. Providing an "equivocation" argument is irrelevant.

Massena has it right.

Was Hillary Clinton's use of a private e-mail server legal or not when she was Secretary of State? It doesn't matter what the situation was when Powell was in office. That is irrelevant to the case at hand.

Did Hillary Clinton destroy all of the e-mail on that server that covers the period while she was Secretary of State? Is there any proof that copies in full exist elsewhere?
        I doubt that such a proof could be made without having been able to examine that private e-mail server before the e-mails were erased or destroyed.
        This is in essence the same as the missing minutes on the Nixon tapes. Others may have copies of e-mail sent to them by Clinton while she was in office but there is no way of knowing if that record is complete without her copies being available.

If Hillary Clinton used her server for classified e-mails then she clearly and unequivocally broke federal law and committed somewhere between a serious misdemeanor and possibly a felony depending on the level of sensitivity and volume of information that was sent outside secure government servers.

Hillary Clinton has refused to cooperate and dodged or failed to answer questions on a whole range of scandals now. It isn't one or two things anymore. Instead, it is becoming the norm for her.

I would also note that since becoming an official candidate for President she has nearly completely avoided any public speaking, interviews, and other activities normally associated with a candidate for President. That too is very odd behavior.

Comment

And it just keeps coming...

Now the Clinton Foundation, in the wake of intense scrutiny is admitting a $31 million dollar "mistake" in their tax filings...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-refiling-irs/

The Clinton Foundation acknowledged Sunday that the nonprofit group “made mistakes” in IRS filings and defended its disclosure of controversial contributions from a Canadian financier, following days of intense public scrutiny about foundation finances.
          http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7146922.html

Maura Pally, acting CEO of the foundation, posted a statement Sunday acknowledging that while the organization had not underreported its revenue, it had failed to separate government grants from other donations on its tax filings. Pally wrote that after a voluntary external review, the foundation intends to refile several years' worth of forms.
          (Emphasis mine)

A mistake is something you make on a tax return. A pattern of behavior that is intended to avoid taxes is you make the same "mistake" year after year...

Comment

From Wikipedia: Potential 2016 Democratic Candidates

I would certainly vote for Biden or Gore or Jim Webb over Clinton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democra...ndidates,_2016

Edit: I would also vote for John Kerry over her (voted for him in 2004) and Jerry Brown, who I believe I voted for in the 1992 primary.
            ==========================================
            Bernie Sanders expected to announce his candidacy tomorrow.

http://digital.vpr.net/post/bernie-s...esidential-run

excerpt

VPR News has learned from several sources that Independent U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders will announce his candidacy for the Democratic presidential nomination on Thursday.
            Sanders will release a short statement on that day and then hold a major campaign kickoff in Vermont in several weeks.
            Sanders' entry into the Democratic race ensures that Hillary Clinton will face a challenge to win the support of the liberal wing of the party.
            Sanders' basic message will be that the middle class in America has been decimated in the past two decades while wealthy people and corporations have flourished.
            His opposition to a proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal (T.P.P.) shows how he plans to frame this key issue of his campaign.
            "If you want to understand why the middle class in America is disappearing and why we have more wealth and income inequality in America than we have had since the late 1920s, you have to address the issue of trade,” Sanders said in a phone interview on April 23.
            As the longest-serving Independent member of Congress, Sanders has been a vocal critic of the influence that large corporations have on the political process.
            "All of the major corporations want to continue with this trade policy. Wall Street wants to continue this trade policy. The drug companies want to continue this trade policy. But organizations representing American workers and the environment do not want to continue the trade policy. They want new trade policies,” he said.
            Last edited by lakechampainer; 29 Apr 15, 19:37.

Comment

Just checked the news and hi-rolling donators to the Clintons have been asked along on a nine day African Safari with Hildebeast and family.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
                From Wikipedia: Potential 2016 Democratic Candidates

I would certainly vote for Biden or Gore or Jim Webb over Clinton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democra...ndidates,_2016

Edit: I would also vote for John Kerry over her (voted for him in 2004) and Jerry Brown, who I believe I voted for in the 1992 primary.
                ==========================================
                Bernie Sanders expected to announce his candidacy tomorrow.

http://digital.vpr.net/post/bernie-s...esidential-run

excerpt

VPR News has learned from several sources that Independent U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders will announce his candidacy for the Democratic presidential nomination on Thursday.
                Sanders will release a short statement on that day and then hold a major campaign kickoff in Vermont in several weeks.
                Sanders' entry into the Democratic race ensures that Hillary Clinton will face a challenge to win the support of the liberal wing of the party.
                Sanders' basic message will be that the middle class in America has been decimated in the past two decades while wealthy people and corporations have flourished.
                His opposition to a proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal (T.P.P.) shows how he plans to frame this key issue of his campaign.
                "If you want to understand why the middle class in America is disappearing and why we have more wealth and income inequality in America than we have had since the late 1920s, you have to address the issue of trade,” Sanders said in a phone interview on April 23.
                As the longest-serving Independent member of Congress, Sanders has been a vocal critic of the influence that large corporations have on the political process.
                "All of the major corporations want to continue with this trade policy. Wall Street wants to continue this trade policy. The drug companies want to continue this trade policy. But organizations representing American workers and the environment do not want to continue the trade policy. They want new trade policies,” he said.
                Unfortunately for your foray into the internet, this thread is about the Clinton Foundation, not about potential candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Unfortunately for your foray into the internet, this thread is about the Clinton Foundation, not about potential candidates.

It takes a lot of chutzpah for you to make such a comment, based upon the unending stream of Fox News posts.

Grow up.

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Instead of "murky waters", think deep s*** with no bottom.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X