No announcement yet.

Former Playboy Model and Air Force Veteran Arrested for Saving American Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Playboy Model and Air Force Veteran Arrested for Saving American Flag

Good for her!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mpling-it.html
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

No, She was arrested for resisting arrest after the Police tried to make her return the stolen property, the Flag, she was holding. Being Patriotic does not give you a license to steal others property.

Besides, she has a history of not really being respectful with Flags/Flag print material herself.

Someone needed an attention in the media boost, which is why she had someone, her daughter I think, there with a camera to film it all.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      No, She was arrested for resisting arrest after the Police tried to make her return the stolen property, the Flag, she was holding. Being Patriotic does not give you a license to steal others property.

Besides, she has a history of not really being respectful with Flags/Flag print material herself.

Someone needed an attention in the media boost, which is why she had someone, her daughter I think, there with a camera to film it all.
      Jesus H freaking Christ, you really are the most vicious SOB I have ever seen on the net.
      You should have your own talk-radio show, you know that?

Anyone that want's to "Steal" the US Flag from people that are using to demonstrate their HATERED for America and Americans within the range of my senses will get my physical support. The Cops would probably have had to arrest me too.
      The vile, vicious, low-down subhuman SCUM that were doing that were the ones looking for attention, and I doubt very much that they phoned that Woman ahead of time to arrange for her to come down there to take it from them.

And how the hell do you even know she HAS a daughter, are you a fan, or does the far-left blogosphere already have all the research done to mount the usual, pre-scripted defamation campaign?
      ... then again, why do I even bother to ask.
      Of course they do.

Comment

Actually, CE is right*.

She could have sworn out a complaint against them, as many/most states have a provision for defacing the national colors. But just seizing it and refusing to give it back is a criminal act. Same as if you were mowing your grass and an eco-warrior tried to carry off your lawnmower to prevent the exploitation and mutilation of plants.

* = For once.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          Jesus H freaking Christ, you really are the most vicious SOB I have ever seen on the net.

Anyone that want's to "Steal" the US Flag from people that are using to demonstrate their HATERED for America and Americans within the range of my senses will get my physical support. The Cops would probably have had to arrest me too.
          The vile, vicious, low-down subhuman SCUM that were doing that were the ones looking for attention, and I doubt very much that they phoned that Woman ahead of time to arrange for her to come down there to take it from them.

And how the hell do you even know she HAS a daughter, are you a fan, or does the far-left blogosphere already have all the research done to mount the usual, pre-scripted defamation campaign?
          Of course they do.
          Doesn't matter what they were doing with it, it's their property. Pretty simple. Flags are property, despite her stupid comments that we 'all' own them as US citizens. I guess anyone can just go into a store and take one off the shelf, as according to her logic we all own them so why not.

She's an attention seeking idiot. That is the reason she was let go from the Air Force.

I READ some where that she had a camera person at the ready before she even started her acting out, I believe it stated that it was her daughter. If I'm correct the Daughter ID'd herself, no "far-left blogosphere' fact checking needed.
          “To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Of course they do.
            The groups protest had already made the news. The woman went down their to confront them.

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/ne...fd6e2dfd8.html

“I did not want anything like this, but I got a call from a student who told me that the flag was on the ground, and they were walking on it,” said Manhart. “I was just going over there to pick up the flag off the ground. I don’t know what their cause is, but I went to pick it up because it doesn’t deserve to be on the ground.”
            She was not just passing by.

By the way, this is how much she respects the flag.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/m...flag/26065769/

As part of a campaign for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals years ago, Manhart posed nude while draped in the American flag. She said that the picture was meant as a sign of respect for the flag.

"What we wanted to try to get out of it is: People in general, we are very big on materialistic items," she said. "Even if you're not big into money, we all want cars and clothes and rings and iPads – it's something that we just naturally want.
            She's a hypocrite.
            “To talk of many things:
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              She could have sworn out a complaint against them, as many/most states have a provision for defacing the national colors...
              Judging by the very actions the police took, that ain't one of them.
              Looks more like one of those places where it's legal to burn the Flag in public for kicks.

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
              She's an attention seeking idiot. That is the reason she was let go from the Air Force.
              Wrong again, she was demoted and harassed for doing something that isn't illegal, and left "of her own volition" with over 16 years in.
              The military is infamous for that, looking for ways to get rid of people that are closing in on the 20-year mark to avoid paying all those nice retirement dividends out.

Forget trying to draw me into defending the person, but

1- get your own facts straight

2- morals and ethics are actually worth something, no matter what excuses people what to make for everything that is -up with this whole asinine story.

Comment

Police in Georgia arrested a U.S. veteran on Friday after she took an American flag away from students who were trampling it. Michelle Manhart, a former Air Force staff sergeant who left the military after posing nude for Playboy, took the flag from a group of African-American students at Valdosta State University who were demonstrating against racism. Manhart, who is white, was handcuffed but has not been charged with a crime.
                http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pla...Hd?ocid=SMSDHP

She disagreed with their protest. What crime is involved?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pla...Hd?ocid=SMSDHP

She disagreed with their protest. What crime is involved?
                  She took their flag and refused to return it. She then resisted the police as they tried to retrieve the flag from her. In the end both the protesters and the police did not press charges. She was read a criminal trespass warning and released.
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

If they were exercising their First Amendment rights, so was she.

Well done, Sergeant. You've got bigger balls than the entire police department.

I suspect her arrest had a lot to do with the desire of the cops to have a former Playmate in their hands. Otherwise, they were protecting the wrong people.

I have no use and no tolerance for those dirtbags who degrade the flag as a form of "protest".
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      If they were exercising their First Amendment rights, so was she.

Well done, Sergeant. You've got bigger balls than the entire police department.

I suspect her arrest had a lot to do with the desire of the cops to have a former Playmate in their hands. Otherwise, they were protecting the wrong people.

I have no use and no tolerance for those dirtbags who degrade the flag as a form of "protest".
                      So someone can exercise their first amendment rights by grabbing your personal property and keeping it? You really think that is OK? Interesting.

And you really think the police recognized her from 7+ years ago? Or was it 12?
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

'But to walk on the flag is walking on our symbol of freedom. You have the freedom to do what you are doing because of it.
                        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mpling-it.html

So the flag symbolises the freedom that they have which includes walking on the flag, except that they can't use the freedom that she says it symbolises to walk on said flag? Not sure that she really thought that one out.

Of course they do.
                        More vicious than someone who celebrates the murders of kids and civilians? Strange rating system that you have.

Why do I have the impression that your attitude would have been totally different if it were a Quran.
                        Last edited by Sergio; 20 Apr 15, 16:12.
                        "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                        G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                        Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Judging by the very actions the police took, that ain't one of them.
                          Looks more like one of those places where it's legal to burn the Flag in public for kicks.

Wrong again, she was demoted and harassed for doing something that isn't illegal, and left "of her own volition" with over 16 years in.
                          The military is infamous for that, looking for ways to get rid of people that are closing in on the 20-year mark to avoid paying all those nice retirement dividends out.

Forget trying to draw me into defending the person, but

1- get your own facts straight

2- morals and ethics are actually worth something, no matter what excuses people what to make for everything that is -up with this whole asinine story.
                          http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...r-us-flag.html

She was demoted and reprimanded after an investigation determined that it was appropriated to do so. She quit because she knew she had blown her career.

Manhart, a former United States Air Force military instructor, is no stranger to controversy. She was placed under investigation in 2007 after posing nude in Playboy magazine.
                          She was reprimanded and demoted as a result of the investigation and resigned from the service in 2008.
                          Yes, the Services are always looking ways to get rid of midlevel enlisted, they are just sitting in the wings making sure they don't get their retirement. Paranoid much? The action taken against her was based on Art 92 and 134 of UCMJ.

You skipped the point about her later photoshoot where she inappropriately used the flag as a prob. Why did you leave that out? Is that OK?

She later posed draped with an American flag in a series of videos and photographs for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. In an interview with The Valdosta Daily Times, she said she feels there is a big difference between her photo shoot with the flag and demonstrators walking on it.

By the way Mr Facts straight She enlisted in 1994 and resigned in 2008, Just short of 14 years.

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/ar...in-1225143.php

Manhart arrived at Lackland for basic training on June 9, 1994, the day she graduated from Pleasant Valley High School in Chico, Calif.
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I suspect her arrest had a lot to do with the desire of the cops to have a former Playmate in their hands.
                            I won't say that busts & Terry frisks are not related, but frankly she's got too many miles on her to make that claim.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Does this logic work with other possessions? Say I see somebody driving a sports car like a dick can I take it?

No, that's moron logic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X