FBI & DOJ acknowledge false testimony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI & DOJ acknowledge false testimony

We have been told that we are guaranteed a fair trial before a jury of our peers, but what if the evidence shown that jury has been falsified by the top investigators of the country, people who we have been lead to believe we must trust their scientific approach to investigation?
    In stunning revelation both the DOJ and the FBI have admitted that before 2000 twenty six of the 28 lead investigating examiners, those experts whose testimonies can and do convince jury's to hand in guilty verdicts, had overstated forensic matches in ways that favored the prosecutors in 95% of the 268 trials reviewed so far!
    Before you blow it off with the simple minded conclusion that those charged must have been guilty, put yourself in the jury. How would you react if you found out you sent someone to prison for life, or perhaps your vote of guilt, based on falsified testimony, lead to the execution of an innocent person?
    Here is the story,

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...310_story.html

Another source
    http://phys.org/news/2015-04-doj-fbi...testimony.html
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

I lost faith in America's justice system long ago. It is part of the same corrupt system of government that is ruining our nation.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I lost faith in America's justice system long ago. It is part of the same corrupt system of government that is ruining our nation.
      Can't disagree with you on this.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The problem with the US justice system is manifold:

First you have unbridled case law which means judges can effectively make things up as they go. What legislators write as law can be nullified, twisted, or ignored by the courts and regularly is.

Next, it is a "closed shop" system. It is operated by lawyers, for lawyers, and everybody else gets kicked to the curb.

Then it is grossly expensive. That means most people don't have access to any sort of real justice, they just get smacked down and have to accept whatever verdict the court makes up for them.

For more serious criminals the justice system is set up both to encourage their failure and to keep them in the system for life for all intents. Between parole, release conditions, sentencing, and simply the time it takes for someone to go through the process (which can take years) they aren't getting justice but some Kafkaesque version of the Gulag.

Comment

I remember being sick to my stomach when I read about this over a decade ago. It was troubling then but I am extremely disappointed that it took over 10 years for the FBI & DOJ to come out and finally admit it.
          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I for one am not surprised by this at all, been going on for all of my life, nothing new here!
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

You might add that federal prosecutors generally threaten the accused with massive time if they won't take a plea deal and give up all their rights to appeal. Once they run a defendant out of money they generally fold and take the plea deal just to cut their losses.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                You might add that federal prosecutors generally threaten the accused with massive time if they won't take a plea deal and give up all their rights to appeal. Once they run a defendant out of money they generally fold and take the plea deal just to cut their losses.
                Very true. The system seems a bit rigged, when the prosecution can can insist that DNA can not be challenged when they use it, but when old cases are turned over by DNA evidence they are not so happy...

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                  Very true. The system seems a bit rigged, when the prosecution can can insist that DNA can not be challenged when they use it, but when old cases are turned over by DNA evidence they are not so happy...
                  Worse is when they have a "confidential" informant who says you said a bunch of stuff and did things and they have zero other proof to back it up and they've charged you with "conspiracy."

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Worse is when they have a "confidential" informant who says you said a bunch of stuff and did things and they have zero other proof to back it up and they've charged you with "conspiracy."
                    Or when the leader of the crime ring is a federal agent.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X