Religious Freedom Acts results in real Christians acting like Christians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Can we agree to disagree without the name calling?
    There was no name calling at all in his post. You're in error.
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
      If she doesn't have the correct permits she's breaking the law. Her religion doesn't give her some kind of immunity to the local laws.
      And yet Muslims and other demand sharia law and exemptions from our laws all of the time...and they get it.

Religious people and institutions do charitable work all of the time. There is a huge difference between a technical "crime" based on solely on a statute and a real crime.

Your point is taken, but personally I cannot make myself see feeding the poor and homeless as a "crime" in any rational sense of the word. The true crime would be in doing nothing for them.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

There was no name calling at all in his post. You're in error.
        No, you are. Look again, or shall I start referring to your posts as "rubbish", which is an insult.

Take the chip off your shoulder before it chokes you.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

No, you are. Look again, or shall I start referring to your posts as "rubbish", which is an insult.

"Rubbish" as in "Bull, I disagree".

Wow, a little tender today aren't we?
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

And yet Muslims and other demand sharia law and exemptions from our laws all of the time...and they get it.

Religious people and institutions do charitable work all of the time. There is a huge difference between a technical "crime" based on solely on a statute and a real crime.

Your point is taken, but personally I cannot make myself see feeding the poor and homeless as a "crime" in any rational sense of the word. The true crime would be in doing nothing for them.
            Can you provide any evidence for that?

So do non religious people. Your point? They violated a law if they lacked a permit or violated zoning laws.

What if the food kills them because she didn't meet health requirements.

Comment

You evaded the question.

Comment

Why exactly did you initiate a negative reputation war?

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                  Actually, religion has nothing to do with the woman's ticket and fine..........just a food truck giving out food in a fashion that violates some sort of law whether it be health code, business zoning, gathering without a permit, etc and whatever. Maybe the owner of the parking lot was an asswhole and dropped a dime on her for trespassing.

She invoking her religious rights over this matter does cause some to wonder whether a Christian or a Muslim invoking the same right would received the same ruling or whether one or the other would have an advantage.

Me, if ANYONE was handing out food to the less fortunate and I was a cop, I would suddenly find that there was something far more pressing for my attention in that neighborhood.
                  I was just wondering about that.

There are all kinds of regulations on selling food (and making a profit thereby), but isn't there a bit of wiggle room in the fact that she was giving it away ?

I know that you aren't allowed to sell packaged food after its sell-by date in the UK, but giving it away is a bit of a grey area.
                  Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Actually, the Muslim comment was entirely relevant, as there has been a war on against Christians for quite some time, so questioning whether the LEO's would have ticketed and fined a Muslim for feeding the homeless in the exact same way is entirely relevant...but then you knew that already.
                    The comment about Muslims from you was questionable, considering how you have claimed others to be Antisemitic.

There is no war on Christians going on right now, there is no war on Muslims nor is there a war on Jews going on right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      Meh. I've been harassed by the progressives for offering jobs to the homeless. Seems to me that the option of turning pallets into furniture and hobos into working people is not to be encouraged...

What does that say about the left???
                      Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      The left hates the idea of individuals who believe in anything but the left, and who have an ability to support themselves without the consent of the left.

They oppose freedom in every sense of the word.
                      Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      I'm looking for the opportunity to turn pallets into furniture without opposition from the city. Look at the tax gains. I can make waste into money. Both in people and 'trash'.
                      From every point of view except the political, Bwaha, you would be doing a good thing but AJ hit it dead center when he said that independence w in any form is anathema to the left.
                      R Evans,

IMO no real LE officer, no real court officer here in the USA would say the above.

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                      Sadly that's all you get from the conservative echo chamber infesting this forum.

Though I would disagree with you about the conservative echo chamber infesting this forum. The "conservative" members of the US gov are good people, IMO this includes folks like John Bohener and possible GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee.

Why Mountain man is bringing up Muslims in the sense that he is, just doesnt add up. I dont see Jeb Bush, Rick Sanchez, Mike Huckabee, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio going around randomly talking about Muslims in the sense that Mountain man does. The views espoused by Bwaha, Mountain Man, and AJR, are not echoed by leading GOP candidates, and I find this quite interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                        Really??? The home of the Puritans and Quakers?
                        Yeah, all 3 of them. :P

Do you guys have anything better than "the left is evil" to say? It honestly gets old. There are idiots in both parties, and good people in both.
                        Its the Left's abuse of Power that makes the outstanding impression these days.

And, Govt abuse of power is nothing new, its been happening since the first Caveman Chief killed some guy to take his mate. Its routine in the rest of the world, but it's not supposed to be the case here in the US.
                        This country should be allowed to be different from the rest of the world, but the Left does not agree.

Thus, we have all of these threads about the abuse of power these days; the Left does NOT believe in smaller Govt with limited powers, the opposite is true.

Feel free to post up threads about the abuse of power on the Right, we need someone to keep us honest.
                        Don't you?

Comment

No, I am not left or right. I support or oppose an issue on merit. So when there's an idiot I don't care what party they're from. I'll oppose them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X