Even The Texas LEO's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    Around here college girls write their name, DoB, address, and phone number just above the nipple, and when they get asked for ID by an officer, produce it.

Keeping a straight face is tough the first few times.
    You have such a hard job...

Comment

Around here college girls write their name, DoB, address, and phone number just above the nipple, and when they get asked for ID by an officer, produce it.

Wow! I want that job!

Do they ever draw little happy faces on them? That would be nice
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Cop seems like a nice cop.
        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

America does have about the most extreme anti alcohol legislation in the world excluding Islamic countries and then even Turkey is less restrictive.
          "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

I don't believe you. I'll require photographic evidence.
            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              She's officially listed as a minor, which specifically means she is not an adult over the age of consent, and that requires a parent, guardian or legal representative to be present, and she was picked up for alleged intoxication. That information is in the article.

What you're telling me is that this is far more seriously wrong than the article admits, since you're claiming that this is "legal procedure" in Texas.

It damned sure isn't legal procedure here in Colorado. The minute the word "minor" is mentioned, certain legal requirements immediately come into play.

Meanwhile, their supervisor disagrees with you -
              Under the TxABC, the term 'minor' means 'under 21'. Under the CCP it means something else, but the CCP isn't in play in this specific instance.

According to the article:

The Eagle, citing Total Frat Move, reports the girl got out of a minor in possession citation by winning the game. As of Tuesday, Gaas had not spoken to the officers.
              Minor in possession has nothing to do with intoxication. It means that a subject under the age of 21 is in care, custody, or control of any amount of an alcoholic beverage.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Question. If a 18 year old solder deploys to Germany or any where with sane drinking laws goes out for a party. Is he comiting a crime.
                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                  Question. If a 18 year old solder deploys to Germany or any where with sane drinking laws goes out for a party. Is he comiting a crime.
                  Depends-he is under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, military law. Back when I was in, he would not. Now, I do not know.

Keep in mind each of our 50 states has its own laws, so things are different in every state.

In Texas liquor licenses can be pulled for small infractions, and there are many parts of the state where alcohol cannot be sold at all. Alcohol can only be sold during certain hours based upon population, and countless other rules.

Other states have completely different rules.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Back when I was in Basic the next Platoon down in our Company had a Beer Bust one Sunday. The Drill Sergeants collected money from the Trainees and bought the beer and ice. After a few beers these dudes were giving beer away to anyone that walked up! Most of the guys were between 18 and 21. It was legal in Louisiana to buy and drink if you were over 18. My guess is some 17 year olds got wasted as well. The Drill Instructors made sure they did not stay around after they dropped off the beer!

An American serviceman in Germany can probably buy whatever he wants. There are people just waiting to be of service. It is trickier getting into bars, as many do not allow American servicemen. My friend Pete was in Germany and got "happy' as he drank, not belligerent. He would go to town and bouncers would tell him to go right in!

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

deleted
                      Last edited by Taieb el-Okbi; 17 Apr 15, 11:57. Reason: misread ops link

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                        Back when I was in Basic the next Platoon down in our Company had a Beer Bust one Sunday. The Drill Sergeants collected money from the Trainees and bought the beer and ice. After a few beers these dudes were giving beer away to anyone that walked up! Most of the guys were between 18 and 21. It was legal in Louisiana to buy and drink if you were over 18. My guess is some 17 year olds got wasted as well. The Drill Instructors made sure they did not stay around after they dropped off the beer!

An American serviceman in Germany can probably buy whatever he wants. There are people just waiting to be of service. It is trickier getting into bars, as many do not allow American servicemen. My friend Pete was in Germany and got "happy' as he drank, not belligerent. He would go to town and bouncers would tell him to go right in!

Pruitt
                        When I was in any GI could buy booze at the Post Exchange or drink at the EM CLub. Years later when I was in the Guard I read that the military was enforcing a drinking age.

Comment

Policy = State law.

Keep in mind 'underage' in this context means 'prior to 21st birthday'.

'Intoxicated' is merely conjecture.

Perhaps back in your day a college student required a chaperone or parent present before taking the family buggy to a public event, but these days its not mandatory.
                          Ouch!

Sorry, MM.
                          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                            Ouch!

Sorry, MM.
                            Actually, that was unfair of me.

Back in MM's youth teens traveled in groups of at least three.

So that one could fire and the other two reload muskets when the Indians attacked....

Comment

Hey. ...they did make some very pretty straight lines back then though....
                              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X