No announcement yet.

Clinton Accepting Foreign Donations During Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interestingly, the DoJ had no problem arresting, trying, and convicting Robert McDonnell, a Republican and governor of Virginia for exactly the same thing Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation is / was doing.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/04/politi...ial/index.html

McDonnell said he didn't commit any crime, though he acknowledged questionable judgment in accepting what he called the "personal generosity and friendship" of Williams.

Defense lawyers argued that Maureen McDonnell, seeking emotional attachment because of her loveless marriage, developed what they described as a kind of schoolgirl crush on Williams and relished the attention and gifts from him.

The question was whether she or her husband reciprocated by promoting Williams' business in government circles.
    I guess Hillary really is "special."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      It isn't a question of her or her family quitting the business. It is an ethical question about the foundation accepting money from foreign governments. Some of those governments have really bad track records when it comes to women's rights and roles in society.
      Paul, do you honestly think that other Politicians haven't received large sums directly into their campaign from Foreign Governments, large company's and close family friends. Did OPEC nations ever give any money to Presidential and Vice Prez candidates. From the same country's that you have in mind in your post I'm sure.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The author of the book has now had to hire full time security.
        http://www.businessinsider.com/clint...ecurity-2015-4
        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          Paul, do you honestly think that other Politicians haven't received large sums directly into their campaign from Foreign Governments, large company's and close family friends. Did OPEC nations ever give any money to Presidential and Vice Prez candidates. From the same country's that you have in mind in your post I'm sure.
          John, I think other politicians have received donations, I'm not disputing that point. The difference here is that it is out there for everyone to see. Yes, I know that sounds weird so let me expand on how I operated as a SNCO.

I told my Marines that I would never spy on them or go digging for things to use against them. I also pointed out that if something blatantly bad happened in front of my eyes....I would use the full force of the UCMJ.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

John, I think other politicians have received donations, I'm not disputing that point. The difference here is that it is out there for everyone to see. Yes, I know that sounds weird so let me expand on how I operated as a SNCO.

I told my Marines that I would never spy on them or go digging for things to use against them. I also pointed out that if something blatantly bad happened in front of my eyes....I would use the full force of the UCMJ.
            Seems like we operated pretty much on the same mo. Treat the EM as adults, give them what you expect, set the example, don't let the jr NCO's fk with the troops because they can and those that cannot follow those simple guide line are not worth the time and effort to be Marines or Soldiers. There are a couple of ex SSG and SFC that learned that the hard way.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I'm starting to think that the Democrats will have to drop Hillary:

Hillary Clinton's Big Benefactor Has Trade Links with Iran

Enemies of Hillary Clinton waiting to discredit her bid for the White House are likely to seize on news that one of the biggest benefactors to the Clinton Foundation has been trading with Iran and may be in breach of US sanctions imposed on the country.

Ukrainian oligarch Victor Pinchuk, 54, has courted the Clintons for at least nine years – in the United States, the Alps and Ukraine.

Earlier this year, he was confirmed as the largest individual contributor to the Clinton Foundation, whose aims include the creation of “economic opportunity and growth”. He also has links to the Tony Blair Foundation and represented its biggest single donor in 2013.

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/04/24/h...de-322253.html
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                Berlin.1945
                by casanova
                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                Yesterday, 23:41
              • casanova
                AW 169M
                by casanova
                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                Yesterday, 23:26
              • JBark
                What changed?
                by JBark
                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                Yesterday, 18:54
              Working...
              X