Here we go again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    More people, more media, too many lawyer's.
    I agree, the 24-7 news cycle, if there was a triple homicide in the next county 35 years ago, I doubt you would have heard about it, but if there is an outbreak of diarrhea seven states from you, will hear about it within minutes.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I was out and about in Manchester(UK) at the age of 8 in 1965 about the time the moors murderers were arrested and about a mile from the center of their hunting ground.Always with friends. The only rule being not to talk to strangers or to accept anything from them,which equated to non family members or close family friends.A rule followed as the word of God.Apart from the odd scuffle (oddly only with children from the same school) scraped knee and getting lost no major problems.
      Wack tac mac hey.
      Regards.
      Grishnak.

Comment

Originally posted by grishnak View Post
        I was out and about in Manchester(UK) at the age of 8 in 1965 about the time the moors murderers were arrested and about a mile from the center of their hunting ground.Always with friends. The only rule being not to talk to strangers or to accept anything from them,which equated to non family members or close family friends.A rule followed as the word of God.Apart from the odd scuffle (oddly only with children from the same school) scraped knee and getting lost no major problems.
        Perhaps your statement I put in bold, is the key. For Forum members that can't follow what we were talking about, all that we did came with the caveat that "our Parents word was Law". A small matter in present day America, but huge in our day.
        My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Check and see how many convicted sex offenders are around.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowMap.asp?frm=0
          My worst jump story:
          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
          No lie.

~
          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

The 24/7 news cycle the Internet, probably more than anything else.
            That being said, I also believe we live in a different society today.
            In the 1969s and 70's NYC was much more dangerous than it is today. But when it comes to the "sex offender list" I don't think we even had such a thing fifty or forty years ago, I'm sure the authorities had a list,mbut they didn't share it with the public.
            But our culture has changed too. It was not that uncommon for girls to be married by age 15 or 16 in the 1950's, many to guys in their 20's, during the Vietnam War many young couples got married by the age of 18. Pregnant teenage girls were not that uncommon, today, at least where I live, is pretty uncommon.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

When I was growing up the city of Lake Charles extended a street across the bayou and built a bridge there. There were about five 3 year old boys that used to play together at this time. They noticed the commotion of the bridge building and decided to start playing there. One day at lunch the workers were eating and the boys came up crying. When asked, they said David had fell in the water and he had not come back up. The workers started jumping in the water and they eventually pulled him in but it was to late. It shook me up because he would come over to our house to visit my little sister and crawl in my lap while I was reading. Not one of the "Mothers" involved knew where the boys were playing but the kids knew! No kids were allowed to play there after this.

The family had no luck with their children. One drowned, the oldest committed suicide, the oldest boy died of heart failure from his pain medicine for a messed up back.

Yeah, we all had to walk to school, but my Mother drove my little sister.

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X