Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

73 year old LEO mistakes pistol for a taser. You know the rest of the story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/civ...s-cop-defense/

What about a case like this that hermit is talking about?

Or this law passed in Indiana?

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sta...efense-police/
    Last edited by Delenda estRoma; 16 Apr 15, 23:10.
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      I also value their input, which is why I asked them if there has ever been a situation they thought the officer was wrong. I realize they must feel like the press is always out to get them, I get that.
      No doubt the good video is never shown.
      If we wait for the due process to finalize, I feel we can have a free discussion upon the results from our LEO's. Remember this is their livelihood,
      don't expect them to go public with their true feelings.
      My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
        If we wait for the due process to finalize, I feel we can have a free discussion upon the results from our LEO's. Remember this is their livelihood,
        don't expect them to go public with their true feelings.
        I was raised by a cop, who worked his way up the ranks to chief then became a Marshall, over 30 years in law enforcement.
        His respect for good cops was endless, his hatred of bad cops was also endless.
        He arrested a lot of people in his career, investigated some high profile cases.
        Believe it or not, he once busted a mayor and his brother who operated a prostitution and drug ring, and the doctor who supplied the drugs, the same mayor who hired him as chief!
        As a Marshall he ran a sting operation and busted 4 sheriff deputies that ran a burglary ring, the sheriff ( an elected position ) was furious that he had not informed him of the sting, his reply was, "if I had, there wouldn't have been any arrest, would there?" This disput was very public, carried out in the local newspapers.
        I was in high school at the time, always looking over my shoulder.
        So I was raised to be a skeptic, it is one of my flaws.
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

I was raised by a cop, who worked his way up the ranks to chief then became a Marshall, over 30 years in law enforcement.
          He arrested a lot of people in his career, investigated some high profile cases.
          Believe it or not, he once busted a mayor and his brother who operated a prostitution and drug ring, and the doctor who supplied the drugs, the same mayor who hired him as chief!
          As a Marshall he ran a sting operation and busted 4 sheriff deputies that ran a burglary ring, the sheriff ( an elected position ) was furious that he had not informed him of the sting, his reply was, "if I had, there wouldn't have been any arrest, would there?" This disput was very public, carried out in the local newspapers.
          Good post. Wish I could rep you. Hope those time are behind us, but I seriously doubt they are.
          My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

You are not a skeptic.

You leap to unwarranted conclusions, you remain willfully ignorant of legal rights, procedures, and practices, and you stubbornly ignore all facts that do not support your baseless assumptions.

Its just like the mental health thread. A lawyer, police officers, and medical professionals all tried to explain to you that you can't lock people up for being mentally ill. Statute was quoted. Examples were given. And through it all you stubbornly stayed with an infantile 'but somebody is going to get hurt' argument.

In short, you aren't interested in learning the facts of any given matter, you just want to endlessly repeat your misconceptions.

This is why you spend more time on my Ignore List than not: life is not simple, but all you have to offer is simplistic nonsense.

I'll believe the officer is guilty when I read the court transcripts (which I will). I held that opinion through Ferguson, and the officer was cleared; what the media 'reported' was established to be untrue at best.

Meanwhile, time to move you back to the IL.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
              Good post. Wish I could rep you. Hope those time are behind us, but I seriously doubt they are.
              I wish AJ Rimmer would stop putting me on his ignore list, I respect his opinion very much, I fear he takes my posts to personal.
              I understand that wearing a badge makes you a target. I meant no insult to him, but was trying to start a conversation.
              Last edited by Urban hermit; 17 Apr 15, 22:49.
              Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
              Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

The Sheriff Departments own internal investigation, in 2009, states that Robert Bates very well may have been shown favorable treatment and not conducted all the training his records show.

The document:

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...510547.pdf.pdf
                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                “To talk of many things:
                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                And whether pigs have wings.”
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Where's the rest of the document? Normally they end in a conclusion or summary section.

Captain Huckleby seems to be the chief culprit in what was provided; it looks like he was playing a lot of favorites.

Even though this is six years old, it should help the deputy,. If the agency skimped on his in-service training, that's not his fault.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                    Where's the rest of the document? Normally they end in a conclusion or summary section.

Captain Huckleby seems to be the chief culprit in what was provided; it looks like he was playing a lot of favorites.

Even though this is six years old, it should help the deputy,. If the agency skimped on his in-service training, that's not his fault.
                    Page 11 is the beginning of the conclusion.
                    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    And why the sea is boiling hot—
                    And whether pigs have wings.”
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X