"University Lecture: ‘Fracking Is a Feminist Issue’"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "University Lecture: ‘Fracking Is a Feminist Issue’"

Some things are so fracking stupid, that they must be true...
    University Lecture: ‘Fracking Is a Feminist Issue’
    What does “feminist” even mean at this point?

by KATHERINE TIMPF April 8, 2015 12:50 PM

Not only is fracking destroying the environment — it’s sexist, too. At least that’s the idea that ecologist/social-justice hero Sandra Steingraber presented to more than 100 students at the University of Pittsburgh on Monday during a lecture titled “Fracking Is a Feminist Issue: Women Confronting Fossil Fuels and Petrochemicals in an Age of Climate Uncertainty.” “This is a feminist issue because...

[...]

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...atherine-timpf
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Where is Phebe when we need her...
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Ummm...right. I think that being politically correct is a hazard and should be banned...
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

I teach students at Горный, at lot of female engineers in favor of fracking don't seem to feel that way. The uniforms for the faculty and students are also not seen as sexist.
        Кто там?
        Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
        Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Proof you too can be a complete idiot and get a PhD...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Proof you too can be a complete idiot and get a PhD...
            Or just get a PhD in some completely random field so you can pass yourself off as a 'doctor.'

My father used to know a guy who had a PhD in 18th century British chimney architecture...
            Divine Mercy Sunday: 4/21/2020 (https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message) The Miracle of Lanciano: Jesus' Real Presence (https://web.archive.org/web/20060831...fcontents.html)

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheBarbarian View Post
              Or just get a PhD in some completely random field so you can pass yourself off as a 'doctor.'

My father used to know a guy who had a PhD in 18th century British chimney architecture...
              It all hinges on the undergraduate degree.

If the BS is in a Bull Schist subject, the MS will just be More Schist and the PhD will just be Piled higher & Deeper.

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                It all hinges on the undergraduate degree.

If the BS is in a Bull Schist subject, the MS will just be More Schist and the PhD will just be Piled higher & Deeper.

So what you are saying is that Sandra is the real "Nutty Professor"?
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

She is a resident at Ithaca College, which explains everything. Like a popular bumper sticker in Ithaca says, "Ithaca, ten square miles surrounded by reality."
                  "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

She's a stone cold loon...

http://steingraber.com/bio/

Some on her higher profile arrests...

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/20...st_porter.html

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
                      She is a resident at Ithaca College, which explains everything. Like a popular bumper sticker in Ithaca says, "Ithaca, ten square miles surrounded by reality."
                      I have a sweet Ithaca 12 gauge my grandfather used as a sheriff's deputy in the 60's.
                      Кто там?
                      Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
                      Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                        I have a sweet Ithaca 12 gauge my grandfather used as a sheriff's deputy in the 60's.
                        To bad they don't make them anymore.
                        "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

This is why you should never hire a college grad....
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X