X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America Moving Towards Totalitarianism

A thought provoking article:

Bake me a cake, or go to jail!

Sadly, that is the new message from “inclusive” America. If you don’t want to cater, photograph, preside over, sell pizza at, sell flowers to or otherwise participate in a gay wedding, you will be punished. If you don’t want your business to pay for a kind of birth control that you consider murder, you will pay fines until your business is bankrupt.

Personally, I think both birth control and homosexuality are just fine, and gay marriage is as valid as straight marriage. But forcing everyone to act as if they think that way is just wrong. We have moved from “inclusion” to totalitarianism.

The list of people you must treat carefully keeps getting longer. Protected classes now include sex, race, age, disability, nationality, citizenship status, pregnancy, family status and more. I’m in two of those groups. You better treat me well!

Why force someone who disapproves of your actions to bake you a cake? Lots of other bakers would love the business. This debate has moved from inclusion to demanding that everyone adopt your values.

In a free country, bigots should have the right to be bigots. Americans should also have freedom of association.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...tcmp=obnetwork
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

It is to use one author's term, A dictatorship of virtue. But, that is how the Left rolls. It isn't the Right or Center wanting to shove their values down everyone's throats, well most of the time, but rather the Left.
    The Right, as currently exemplified by the TEA Party mostly wants to be left the hell alone. The Center is pretty flexible and open minded either way... That's why they're the Center.

But, with the Left it is their values or else. Like I stated, they want to impose their values on everyone because it is for their own good, whether they know it or not.

A Dictatorship of Virtue.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      It is to use one author's term, A dictatorship of virtue. But, that is how the Left rolls. It isn't the Right or Center wanting to shove their values down everyone's throats, well most of the time, but rather the Left.
      The Right, as currently exemplified by the TEA Party mostly wants to be left the hell alone. The Center is pretty flexible and open minded either way... That's why they're the Center.

But, with the Left it is their values or else. Like I stated, they want to impose their values on everyone because it is for their own good, whether they know it or not.

A Dictatorship of Virtue.
      Really? The left is no worse or even less that than the ultra Bible pounders of the right. The Tea Party is the least flexible of any political group that we now have. IF you want my way or the highway then you don't have to look past the Tea Party. That seems to be their basic creed.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

What ever happend to 'The land of the free" guys??????

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
          What ever happend to 'The land of the free" guys??????
          It bugged out when "home of the brave" was deemed politically incorrect...
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Now isn't that the question of all questions Gav? Sitting here, that is something I've been pondering for sometime.
            while it's been a long time since I lived in the US and I doubt that I would feel freer there than here and that being an alien resident. Might be strange for some but living here as an American I feel some times special handling from both the people and the government/police. Freer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
              It bugged out when "home of the brave" was deemed politically incorrect...
              Sorry David but that comes across as sort of an insult for all of ours that are serving. FK pc. I still prefer NCO speak and that is far from PC

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                Sorry David but that comes across as sort of an insult for all of ours that are serving. FK pc. I still prefer NCO speak and that is far from PC
                The insult was directed at those who deemed "the home of the brave" to be politically incorrect... not at the brave.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

The insult was directed at those who deemed "the home of the brave" to be politically incorrect... not at the brave.
                  Cool, thought as much. FK PC. Can we get back to calling a "gay" a queer for starts? OMG, that isn't even close to pc now is it, not even in TX

Comment

Cool, thought as much. FK PC. Can we get back to calling a "gay" a queer for starts? OMG, that isn't even close to pc now is it, not even in TX
                    It ain't even PC down here in Texas. Nor is it nice.

Besides, the use of "queer" as a derogatory makes it almost impossible to correctly use the word "queer."

One of the biggest problems I have with political correctness, is that it is slowly hijacking our language.

Comment

It ain't even PC down here in Texas. Nor is it nice.

Besides, the use of "queer" as a derogatory makes it almost impossible to correctly use the word "queer."

One of the biggest problems I have with political correctness, is that it is slowly hijacking our language.
                      Queer, = unusual, out of the norm.

Now fag or faggot leaves little to translation even in the pc world.

Comment

Amen, but slowly????

Comment

Really? The left is no worse or even less that than the ultra Bible pounders of the right. The Tea Party is the least flexible of any political group that we now have. IF you want my way or the highway then you don't have to look past the Tea Party. That seems to be their basic creed.
                          (Note: I am not in the TEA Party or affiliated)

You have zero clue then based on their political platform:

http://www.teaparty-platform.com/

1. Eliminate Excessive Taxes
                          2. Eliminate the National Debt
                          3. Eliminate Deficit Spending
                          4. Protect Free Markets
                          5. Abide by the Constitution of the United States
                          6. Promote Civic Responsibility
                          7. Reduce the Overall Size of Government
                          8. Believe in the People
                          9. Avoid the Pitfalls of Politics
                          10. Maintain Local Independence
                          The Tea Party does not have a single uniform agenda. The decentralized character of the Tea Party, with its lack of formal structure or hierarchy, allows each autonomous group to set its own priorities and goals. Goals may conflict, and priorities will often differ between groups.
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement

Unlike the Left, the Right tends to be fractured and unorganized. They generally don't agree on many views. The Left is close to lockstep in their values and positions.

Comment

#9 belongs with the flying pigs.

Comment

Bull.

The Tea Party nor the religious right does not force gay people to engage in speech contrary to their beliefs.
                              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X