Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atheists Now A Protected Class

http://video.foxnews.com/v/415301773...#sp=show-clips
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

So, Atheists in Wisconsin (note the capital A), a religious group have in fact gained a form of Shira Law against other religions.

How bigoted of them.

Comment

"Protected class membership means a group of natural persons, or a natural person, who may be categorized because of their ability to satisfy the definition of one or more of the following groups or classes: sex, race, religion or nonreligion, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, handicap/disability, marital status, source of income, arrest record or conviction record, less than honorable discharge, physical appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, political beliefs, familial status, student, domestic partner, or receipt of rental assistance.
      http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...gainst-atheism

No surprise that the story is only partially told. There is an existing list of people who cannot be discriminated against because of what they believe or who they are. They just got around to adding atheists to the list.

Even by Faux News standards that nonsense was remarkable. Where does that hostility towards Christianity come from, that you might want to discriminate in terms of hiring - their example to hire pilots on the basis of their believing in hell, this is another example of Christianity and Jews being attacked, etc.

MM - do you get paid more by Fox if you post the most inane **** that they come out with?
      "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
      G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
      Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post

No surprise that the story is only partially told. There is an existing list of people who cannot be discriminated against because of what they believe or who they are. They just got around to adding atheists to the list.

Even by Faux News standards that nonsense was remarkable. Where does that hostility towards Christianity come from, that you might want to discriminate in terms of hiring - their example to hire pilots on the basis of their believing in hell, this is another example of Christianity and Jews being attacked, etc.

MM - do you get paid more by Fox if you post the most inane **** that they come out with?
        Headline to the NPR article you cited...
        Madison, Wis., Council Votes To Ban Discrimination Against Atheism

How is Nitwit Pinko Radio's emphasis any different than Faux News' emphasis?

While it can be taken for granted that the Mountain Sage never reads, much less comprends, any of the articles he posts... How did you miss the headline?

As an added bonus... Cite the constitutional provision authorizing government to establish "protected classes" of citizens?

Double bonus question... How can government establish protected classes of citizens without violating the due process rights of unprotected classes?
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

"Protected class membership means a group of natural persons, or a natural person, who may be categorized because of their ability to satisfy the definition of one or more of the following groups or classes: sex, race, religion or nonreligion, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, handicap/disability, marital status, source of income, arrest record or conviction record, less than honorable discharge, physical appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, political beliefs, familial status, student, domestic partner, or receipt of rental assistance.

Triple bonus question...

Could this law be used to force me to hire this person as my receptionist and be the public "face" of my company?

Could it be used to force me to hire this guy as a chaplain?

Or hire this as a swimsuit model?

Last edited by The Doctor; 05 Apr 15, 08:00.
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Sadly yeah doc.

The city I live in has made laws to force employment of side show freaks. That was pretty much when I gave up and sold my business. I just didn't want to deal with the bs that the city government wanted to foist on me.
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              So, Atheists in Wisconsin (note the capital A), a religious group have in fact gained a form of Shira Law against other religions.

How bigoted of them.
              It was bound to happen, TAG; everybody else is doing it, so why not them? However, you're way off track with the "sharia" comment, since atheists don't follow any form of religious law. The state does, and Christians, Jews and Muslims do, but not atheists.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

After failing to read the headline of your linked NPR article, did you also fail to read the first two sentences?

In what is believed to be a first in the United States, the Common Council of Madison, Wis., has voted to amend the city's equal opportunities ordinance "to add nonreligion as a protected class."

The legislation adds atheists to the categories of people who could potentially face discrimination.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                  After failing to read the headline of your linked NPR article, did you also fail to read the first two sentences?

In what is believed to be a first in the United States, the Common Council of Madison, Wis., has voted to amend the city's equal opportunities ordinance "to add nonreligion as a protected class."

The legislation adds atheists to the categories of people who could potentially face discrimination.
                  None of which contradicts what I said does it? Disagreeing with it is one thing, but the tone of the story was presented in an entirely loaded and inaccurate manner.
                  "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                  G.B Shaw

Comment

None of which contradicts what I said does it? Disagreeing with it is one thing, but the tone of the story was presented in an entirely loaded and inaccurate manner.
                    100% ignorant bullschist.

Comment

100% ignorant bullschist.
                      Your maturity never ceases to impress. Trying growing up a bit.

The coverage of the story was ridiculous and inaccurate in that it sought to portray it as an attack on Christians and Jews, atheists getting special treatment, blah, blah. Nothing that you posted contradicts what I said initially - and if the best that you can do is the quote above then I will leave it here. Or are you able to contradict what I said?
                      G.B Shaw

Comment

Triple bonus question...

Could this law be used to force me to hire this person as my receptionist and be the public "face" of my company?

Could it be used to force me to hire this guy as a chaplain?

Or hire this as a swimsuit model?

People should be hired on merit. If the person can do the job they apply for they get hired, regardless of anything else.
                        First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                          People should be hired on merit. If the person can do the job they apply for they get hired, regardless of anything else.
                          Yeah, right, that is how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                            Yeah, right, that is how it works.
                            I can tell he's never owned a business.

Del, lets say I opened my woodworking business to the general pubic and some people wanted me to craft them some s&m crap. Should I be forced to make the stuff?

Second point. I chose who to hire and when to hire, what hours they work and how many. This is my right. Otherwise why own a business? Charity? No. I start a business to make money.

If someone wants to work for me they have to conform to my standards. (Both in dress and demeanor.)

Otherwise I won't hire them...
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              It was bound to happen, TAG; everybody else is doing it, so why not them? However, you're way off track with the "sharia" comment, since atheists don't follow any form of religious law. The state does, and Christians, Jews and Muslims do, but not atheists.
                              Actually, I'm not. One part of Sharia is that Islam is the only religion, all others get taxed or run out of town.
                              That is pretty much how Atheists generally operate. All other religions are forced from public view, or run out of town. If the Atheists can, they will get government to put onerous restrictions on them and even tax them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X