Public Employees Union Gave $65M To Democrats Last Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You missed the point, as expected. Since these are all public employees, their salaries are paid for out of tax revenues, meaning that this was $65M of OUR money they spent on political representation, not their own money.
    [/FONT]
    EDIT MINE:

MM,
    Having a little problem with the statement in bold. Is it your contention that because I was a teacher, and the State paid me for services rendered, that what I did with my salary should be decided by the taxpayers? What house I bought; what car I drove etc? If not, then at what point did the money belong to me?
    Perhaps I misunderstood the meaning.
    Hal
    My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

You missed the point, as expected. Since these are all public employees, their salaries are paid for out of tax revenues, meaning that this was $65M of OUR money they spent on political representation, not their own money.

Try to stay focused on the actual discussion and not get sidetracked by your obvious paranoia about news sources. Meanwhile, post your news source so that we can analyze its accuracy.
      [/FONT]
      I think you give Faux too little credit. They can't come out and say something that would so clearly untrue since of course once paid for services rendered, it stops being taxpayer money.

As for my news source it must be confusing for a devotee of Faux news but I don't seek out information and opinion simply to confirm what I already believe. In a typical week I access at least a half dozen national and international sources, and if it is a story I'm interested in, as many as I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
        I've never understood why all taxpayers have to fund a primary election that they can only vote in if they are a registered member of a certain party.
        John, when was the last primary you had to be registered in a party to vote?

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
          Wow it all sounds to menacing and unfair!!! Congratulations once again to Faux news to have the courage to tell one side of a story.

Those Democrats are just swimming in money. So the poor Republicans must somehow just be managing to scrap by with hard fought contributions from struggling Joe Six Pack. Why don't they solicit massive contributions from entire sectors, say for example, the oil and gas industry?
          Traditionally, a larger percentage of of Democratic monies raised have been from wealthy individuals and corporations than the GOP. I think Obama might have turned that on its head for his election campaign (but he was exploiting newer paradigms in fund raising). Large corporations etc tend to donate to both parties to hedge their bets.

How true this is in Canada I do not know.

Comment

The problem for unions is that most are hemorrhaging members and that is becoming a major problem for them. When you add that their members often don't vote the way they want them to they really have lost most of their clout.

Comment

Most public employees are required to join a public employee union who confiscates part of their wages for dues that are then used to support Democrat election campaigns.

The issue is the confiscated wages, paid for by the taxpayers, that is being used to support Democrats, not any money voluntarily given by an employee to that party.
              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                Most public employees are required to join a public employee union who confiscates part of their wages for dues that are then used to support Democrat election campaigns.

The issue is the confiscated wages, paid for by the taxpayers, that is being used to support Democrats, not any money voluntarily given by an employee to that party.
                I got a nice pension out of it Ron, how about you? My dues were under $500 a year, not bad, huh? I never considered it "confiscated".

Comment

Originally posted by Cyan67 View Post
                  John, when was the last primary you had to be registered in a party to vote?
                  Not in Michigan, but in some states you do.

Comment

I got a nice pension out of it Ron, how about you? My dues were under $500 a year, not bad, huh? I never considered it "confiscated".
                    Were those dues voluntarily? NOT! They were deducted from your paycheck the same as your Federal, State, and any City taxes.

Pension for teaching? What pension? While a substitute public school teacher, my meager temp pay was docked to pay into my contribution to that non existent pension. Not from a Catholic school for six years either. And was six months short of staying with the Teamster Union long enough to even get a fixed $180 a month pension from them.

My pension, from a 401k mostly from IRA savings and employer's contribution. And, it is not enough to qualify for income taxes either State or Federal.
                    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Were those dues voluntarily? NOT! They were deducted from your paycheck the same as your Federal, State, and any City taxes.

Pension for teaching? What pension? While a substitute public school teacher, my meager temp pay was docked to pay into my contribution to that non existent pension. Not from a Catholic school for six years either. And was six months short of staying with the Teamster Union long enough to even get a fixed $180 a month pension from them.

My pension, from a 401k mostly from IRA savings and employer's contribution. And, it is not enough to qualify for income taxes either State or Federal.
                      I think John may have been with the auto industry, but until lately Monroe teachers received a pension. I friend of mine just retired a couple of years ago and she has a pension. I think that might have changed since.

I have no problem with teachers being unionized as such (although I disagree with the MEA an awful lot), but I do think they should be treated as a separate category than civil service unions. Not sure I like the idea of bureaucrats being unionized.

Comment

So basically, you're bitter at anyone who's done better than you have.

Comment

So basically, you're bitter at anyone who's done better than you have.
                          Do you like behaving like a troll when challenged about the Progressive agenda? After all, you asked the question and I didn't respond that it was none of your business.
                          “Breaking News,”

Comment

Sorry Ron, I'm not a progressive or a troll. You're just tiresome with your hate of everyone and continually pigeonholing people by your made-up opinions of them. Maybe there's a reason that you went through so many jobs...

Comment

Sorry Ron, I'm not a progressive or a troll. You're just tiresome with your hate of everyone and continually pigeonholing people by your made-up opinions of them. Maybe there's a reason that you went through so many jobs...
                              It is called a crappy economy John. All layoffs. Nothing else besides being none of your business.

And, your accusation of hate is trolling.

You don't like what I post, either put me on Ignore or lobby Senator Stabenow and her Progressive allies to get the First Amendment eliminated.

End of conversation.

You go on Ignore.
                              “Breaking News,”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X