Public Employees Union Gave $65M To Democrats Last Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Employees Union Gave $65M To Democrats Last Year

American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees -- the country’s largest trade union for public employees -- gave more than $65 million last year to politicians, lobbyists and activist groups, according to 2014 federal reports obtained by Watchdog.org.
    AFSCME is funded by roughly 1.4 million members and mandatory fees taken from 125,255 nonmembers. Critics argue AFSCME gets its revenue from taxpayers so its donations are essentially indirect support for Democratic politicians, political activist groups and bigger government.
    AFSCME’s 2014 report to the Labor Department showed $64,585,115 in Political Activities and Lobbying spending.
    The union also reported more than $1 million in donations to political nonprofits as Contributions, Gifts and Grants, with $126,500 going to MSNBC host Al Sharpton’s National Action Network.
    AFSCME’s direct campaign contributions and super PAC expenditures last year helped Democrats in Wisconsin, Illinois, Florida and elsewhere.
    The union’s largest donation of 2014 was a $4.3 million contribution to the Democratic Governors Association.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ntcmp=HPBucket
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Also, The UAW and Teacher's Union, all in lockstep with Democrats as giant sources of money for their corrupt political campaigns.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Wow it all sounds to menacing and unfair!!! Congratulations once again to Faux news to have the courage to tell one side of a story.

Those Democrats are just swimming in money. So the poor Republicans must somehow just be managing to scrap by with hard fought contributions from struggling Joe Six Pack. Why don't they solicit massive contributions from entire sectors, say for example, the oil and gas industry?

Comment

http://influenceexplorer.com/organiz...54286f0cb385e2

Like Exxon????
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
          Wow it all sounds to menacing and unfair!!! Congratulations once again to Faux news to have the courage to tell one side of a story.

Those Democrats are just swimming in money. So the poor Republicans must somehow just be managing to scrap by with hard fought contributions from struggling Joe Six Pack. Why don't they solicit massive contributions from entire sectors, say for example, the oil and gas industry?
          You do know, of course, it is Joe Six Pack, of the UAW, Public Employee's Unions, Teamsters, Etc..., that is having part of their take home pay confiscated and being used to fund Democrats. The rest, GE, failed Government subsidized companies like Solendra, the Hollywood Left, and influential sources such as below.;
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post

You missed the point, as expected. Since these are all public employees, their salaries are paid for out of tax revenues, meaning that this was $65M of OUR money they spent on political representation, not their own money.

Try to stay focused on the actual discussion and not get sidetracked by your obvious paranoia about news sources. Meanwhile, post your news source so that we can analyze its accuracy.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              You missed the point, as expected. Since these are all public employees, their salaries are paid for out of tax revenues, meaning that this was $65M of OUR money they spent on political representation, not their own money.
              [/FONT]
              Not totally. Bomb Shelter Ron introduced the UAW and Teamsters into the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                You missed the point, as expected. Since these are all public employees, their salaries are paid for out of tax revenues, meaning that this was $65M of OUR money they spent on political representation, not their own money
                When I still lived in NJ in my younger days I had to belong to a union (which had hefty dues) in order to work and I hated the thought that this union donated to a political party which I and many of my coworkers did not support, it pi$$ed me off daily.
                That is almost as bad as taxpayers funding a political party.
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                  That is almost as bad as taxpayers funding a political party.
                  I've never understood why all taxpayers have to fund a primary election that they can only vote in if they are a registered member of a certain party.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                    I've never understood why all taxpayers have to fund a primary election that they can only vote in if they are a registered member of a certain party.
                    Yea I know, it's that way here in Texas and you have to vote for that party, as far as I am concerned the taxpayers should not fund any political party, screw em all, let them sink or swim!
                    Last edited by Trung Si; 05 Apr 15, 19:51.

Comment

Last time I voted in a primary, you only had to declare a party to vote in for the primary. When did the law change requiring that you to be a registered member of that party to vote for them?

As far as the taxpayers funding political parties, do you blindly check the box in your Federal income tax form to earmark $3 for the presidential Election campaign?
                      “Breaking News,”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                        Last time I voted in a primary, you only had to declare a party to vote in for the primary. When did the law change requiring that you to be a registered member of that party to vote for them?

As far as the taxpayers funding political parties, do you blindly check the box in your Federal income tax form to earmark $3 for the presidential Election campaign?
                        1. Some states you have to be registered. Even if you only have to declare, the taxpayers are still paying for something that only benefits the party.
                        2. No, I always check "NO".

Comment

Different strokes in different States!

Comment

1. Some states you have to be registered. Even if you only have to declare, the taxpayers are still paying for something that only benefits the party.
                            2. No, I always check "NO".
                            I have always checked NO since the started that BS some 20 ore more years ago!
                            Don't leave nothing for the Dinks!

Comment

You do know, of course, it is Joe Six Pack, of the UAW, Public Employee's Unions, Teamsters, Etc..., that is having part of their take home pay confiscated and being used to fund Democrats. The rest, GE, failed Government subsidized companies like Solendra, the Hollywood Left, and influential sources such as below.;
                              You do know the teamsters supported Reagan and bush both??http://www.teamster.net/topic/59223-...ter-officials/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X