First Big Mama's Two-Day Hotel Stay Costs $242,500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Big Mama's Two-Day Hotel Stay Costs $242,500

What compelling urgency"? Just had to get away from BoBo?

Hotel accommodations for First Lady Michelle Obama’s two-day trip to Cambodia required 85 rooms and cost taxpayers $242,500, according to a government contract released Friday.
    Mrs. Obama traveled to Siem Reap, Cambodia on March 21 to promote a girls education initiative. A contract was awarded on March 3, citing the “unusual and compelling urgency” of the First Lady’s trip.
    Mrs. Obama and a delegation of senior high-level U.S. government officials stayed at the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort, according to a justification and approval document for the visit.
    The trip required 85 single rooms, five office suites, five sleeping suites, and one conference room for 14 nights. Mrs. Obama herself only stayed in Cambodia for two days, leaving on March 22.
    The Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra is listed as a luxury five-star hotel.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ntcmp=HPBucket
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    What compelling urgency"? Just had to get away from BoBo?
    [B]
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ntcmp=HPBucket
    Ah, the good life of government service. Why did we miss out on such bennies? Na, we can still shop in the PX. I guess we should be satisfied.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Lets just see how this story develops.......

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
        Lets just see how this story develops.......
        It's already developed....

John can use the PX in Germany but I can't use it when I am visiting family over there. John can use the PX CONUS also as I can.....

The message is clear; John is special.
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

It's good to be Queen!

Comment

Mrs Reagan used to stay at budget hotels with only 1 other person. Saved hundreds of thousands each trip.....

US Presidents and their families travels have always cost the US Taxpayer a pretty dime. Always have always will.

Partisan poutrage by FN.
            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
            “To talk of many things:
            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            And why the sea is boiling hot—
            And whether pigs have wings.”
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Well, that is a drop in the bucket compared to the $1.6 billion that it took to run the George W. Bush White House in 2008. I understand that Obama is only costing $1.4 billion. So apparently he is saving a little, itty bit. Maybe enough to pay for the hotel bill of Mrs. Obama? What is 2/10s of a billion anyway?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/08/ho...e-white-house/

I suppose there is NO ceremonial value in the First Lady doing diplomatic good will trips?

Perhaps the next President should be a long time bachelor with no children or spouse---Oh, I know what--Governor Brown from California. He has no dependents. He’d make an ideal President. Wouldn’t cost near as much as a person with spouse and children.
              Homo homini lupus

Comment

Hey at least you don't have a president with 4 wives and a estimated 20 children like I have.
                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
                  Well, that is a drop in the bucket compared to the $1.6 billion that it took to run the George W. Bush White House in 2008. I understand that Obama is only costing $1.4 billion. So apparently he is saving a little, itty bit. Maybe enough to pay for the hotel bill of Mrs. Obama? What is 2/10s of a billion anyway?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/08/ho...e-white-house/

I suppose there is NO ceremonial value in the First Lady doing diplomatic good will trips?

Perhaps the next President should be a long time bachelor with no children or spouse---Oh, I know what--Governor Brown from California. He has no dependents. He’d make an ideal President. Wouldn’t cost near as much as a person with spouse and children.
                  Excuses, excuses, nothing but excuses for the school cafeteria police and her entourage...

Sincerely,
                  M

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    Excuses, excuses, nothing but excuses for the school cafeteria police and her entourage...

Sincerely,
                    M
                    So you were just as outraged when Mrs Bush racked up more foreign trips than ANY first lady and MORE than ANY President besides her husband and Mr Clinton? I'm sure...
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

The unavoidable fact of travel nowdays by the President and family members regardless if it is for business or pleasure. The cost of providing security is going to run up the bill by hundreds of thousands daily.

The avoidable facts, behaving like the queen of the world by vacationing all of the time to destinations all over the world just because you can do so on the taxpayer's dime. Unlike previous First Ladies, she has abused that privilege big time. That is the criticism of such trips especially her taking a separate plane when the both of them vacation to the same destination.
                      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                        The unavoidable fact of travel nowdays by the President and family members regardless if it is for business or pleasure. The cost of providing security is going to run up the bill by hundreds of thousands daily.

The avoidable facts, behaving like the queen of the world by vacationing all of the time to destinations all over the world just because you can do so on the taxpayer's dime.
                        Your partisan poutrage is noted.
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                          Your partisan poutrage is noted.
                          Go back to the just updated post.
                          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

CE, you know, of course, how Nancy Regan was criticized by the Progressive media over her telling the White House staff to replace all of the official china with new ones because there were issues with not having enough matching pieces for State functions. Ignored was the fact that the replacement china was paid for by donations.
                            “Breaking News,”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                              CE, you know, of course, how Nancy Regan was criticized by the Progressive media over her telling the White House staff to replace all of the official china with new ones because there were issues with not having enough matching pieces for State functions. Ignored was the fact that the replacement china was paid for by donations.
                              And that has what to do with this? I did not note media partisanship, I noted your partisanship on this issue. Simple fact is that the current First Lady has not traveled as much as the the last one. Yet I do not remember hearing anything about from those on this board. So, did YOU bring up Mrs Bush's travel at all? If so why not?
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X