School Threatens Young Boy Over Military Haircut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Threatens Young Boy Over Military Haircut

Adam Stinnett looks up to his older stepbrother – a soldier in the U.S. Army. So when it came time to get a haircut, the seven-year-old told his mother he wanted a basic military-style cut. And that’s exactly what he got – high and tight – just like his stepbrother.
    Adam got his haircut on March 8. On March 9, his mother got a letter from the principal of Bobby Ray Memorial Elementary School in McMinnville, Tennessee.
    It seems they were not all that thrilled with the second grader’s new hairdo. The principal told Amy Stinnett that her son’s haircut was distracting – and needed to be fixed.
    The principal told Amy Stinnett that her son’s haircut was distracting – and needed to be fixed
    Amy refused to comply.
    The following day, she was summoned to the principal’s office where she was given an ultimatum.
    “We were told that we had to either cut his hair or he could not return to school,” she said.
    Amy tried to explain to the principal that her son’s haircut was meant to emulate his older brother. But her explanation was dismissed and the principal demanded that the boy’s hair be “in compliance with our rules.
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...tcmp=obnetwork
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Bet you the Principal is:

Female
    Progressive
    Has a Liberal Arts background

The article doesn't mention it...

But (and this after writing the above) I went and checked:

Beverly L. Ramsey

Can't find her CV though...

So, got one out of three right now.

Comment

The kid had a "high & tight" crew cut... How in the Hell could this be "distracting"?
      It’s a pretty sad state of affairs in McMinnville – especially when you take into account that Bobby Ray Memorial Elementary School is named after a local war hero.

Navy Corpsman David Robert “Bobby” Ray was killed in action during the Vietnam War. His final act of heroism was to use his body to shield a Marine from a grenade. The Marine survived. Ray did not. He was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor.

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Nah...she's obviously got all three in spades.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          The kid had a "high & tight" crew cut... How in the Hell could this be "distracting"?
          It’s a pretty sad state of affairs in McMinnville – especially when you take into account that Bobby Ray Memorial Elementary School is named after a local war hero.

Navy Corpsman David Robert “Bobby” Ray was killed in action during the Vietnam War. His final act of heroism was to use his body to shield a Marine from a grenade. The Marine survived. Ray did not. He was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor.

I tried to rep you but yada yada. Great find. Suffice to say this broad is a complete tool.

Now if the kid went with a high-n-tight and the principle told him to cut it off on account of it being too distracting, then would he have any choice but to go totally bald? Assuming that the boy in question is a pale-skinned Caucasian, then won't his look then be far more distracting? Not for nothing but I used to work with an Irish bloke who suffered from alopecia, si he shaved his head: looked like his barber was moonlighting as a mohel.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Someone on
            U.S Army W.T.F! moments facebook page said that this school is close to Fort Campbell. This policy doesn't make sense but maybe some idiot is in charge there.

I would certainly think a shaved head would be more distracting.
            Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
              Someone on
              U.S Army W.T.F! moments facebook page said that this school is close to Fort Campbell. This policy doesn't make sense but maybe some idiot is in charge there.

I would certainly think a shaved head would be more distracting.
              Uhhh... Yeah... Particularly since the kid's shaved head will sprout a new crew cut fairly quickly...
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Start calling it the "Bobby Ray" cut and see how the twit reacts, IF she is still there.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Schools have a tendency to overreact whenever it comes to clothing and haircuts. This isn't even the worst case - I remember some students getting into trouble for shaving their heads because their friend was going through chemo.

Comment

WTF really, I used to go short all the time at school.
                    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                      Start calling it the "Bobby Ray" cut and see how the twit reacts, IF she is still there.
                      You probably can't. The school's website is down hard right now...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Bet you the Principal is:

Female
                        Progressive
                        Has a Liberal Arts background

The article doesn't mention it...

But (and this after writing the above) I went and checked:

Beverly L. Ramsey

Can't find her CV though...

So, got one out of three right now.
                        I'd say you're almost certainly right about all 3. I tried to check the school's and district's web sites but they are down today...most likely overloaded with outraged people checking out what kind of lunatic is running the school. Looking at this kid I can't imagine why anyone would think his haircut is inappropriate in any way...looks like an old fashioned boy's haircut really and I had the same cut a few times when I was about that age.

I really hope the principal gets fired...sounds like she's way too opinionated, pushy and I can't see how she can be all that bright to **** off a parent like this. That's usually the last thing a school administrator wants, in my experience (I work for a school district myself). Districts also don't like negative public attention at all and hopefully they'll be skittish about this attention and react appropriately by shoving her out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve573 View Post
                          I'd say you're almost certainly right about all 3. I tried to check the school's and district's web sites but they are down today...most likely overloaded with outraged people checking out what kind of lunatic is running the school. Looking at this kid I can't imagine why anyone would think his haircut is inappropriate in any way...looks like an old fashioned boy's haircut really and I had the same cut a few times when I was about that age.

I really hope the principal gets fired...sounds like she's way too opinionated, pushy and I can't see how she can be all that bright to **** off a parent like this. That's usually the last thing a school administrator wants, in my experience (I work for a school district myself). Districts also don't like negative public attention at all and hopefully they'll be skittish about this attention and react appropriately by shoving her out the door.
                          She sounds like any variety of hard-assed school authorities who doesn't think their actions through first.

I remember one very particular principle who tried to expel my brother after a fight when the other kid threw the first punch. The whole zero-tolerance mindset (which some still defend in schools these days) was on full display.

It only took a few words with him alone in the office and he quietly backed down off of that threat.

Comment

What's distracting about this haircut? There's kids from many races sporting the same cut all over the place!
                            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

His parents should buy him a hippy wig and see if it that flies.

I bet it would...

It'd be a good lesson to the kids, they'd see bigotry in action...
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X