No announcement yet.

From $200k a year to Welfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy should be a finalist for the Darwin Award.
    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post

You win the thread!
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
        You can't win one unless you are dead or unable to reproduce. The best a survivor can get (who doesn't meet the above) is honorable mention for trying...

Here's an example of a surviving Darwin Awardee...

http://www.darwinawards.com/

(May 2014, England) In the interest of public safety, Darwin Awards editors are releasing this ribald event to the public to serve as a warning to adventurous amorous males. The event was brought to our attention by an eyewitness, who provided additional details (withheld for privacy reasons) to confirm it.
        "Being part of emergency services, firemen are called upon to get people out of unlikely situations. We were summoned to the A&E Department of a central London hospital to assist in removing a "thing ring." With our ring cutters at the ready, we were presented with the patient, his 'meat and two veg' extremely swollen and such a dark purple that they were almost blackened. The whole sorry mess was encircled by a thick titanium ring. Normally the procedure to remove a thing ring is a five-minute affair, but our cutters could not make a mark on the titanium! After expending a number of cutter blades we had to concede defeat.

"The man in question had put himself into this situation three days prior to committing himself to A&E, delaying the hospital visit due to embarrassment and a vain hope that it would resolve itself in time. Unfortunately this error in judgement cost him dearly. The wonderful doctors can often drain blood and remove the ring the way it went on--yet by the time he sought help, and our tools had been defeated, his jewels was past saving. Full castration--the result of the man's own actions and decisions--make this eunuch a self-selected nominee for a living Darwin Award.

Comment

That guy was a jerk. Don't pick on minimum wage workers, they don't make policy. I had a woman berate me for five minutes, threaten to sue me for false advertising, and make me get my manager because she ordered lemonade with her meal and it's a 30 cent upcharge. I mean come on, let us do our jobs. Most of us are just working to pay for school, we don't need to be assaulted for whatever our company did or did not do.

(Though I support gay rights and gay marriage, this was a despicable act and stupid. The owner can say whatever he wants as long as he doesn't refuse service, though I disagree with him.)
          First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Hi

Just another example Recreational Outrage (RO) coming back to bite them.

We had an example a few yrs ago where we were looking to hire a person, they ticked all the right boxes, until a cursory search on the Internet brought up some rather troubling posts/views. They were stunned when we informed that because of these instances, they wouldn't get the position.

RO is a growing problem, especially as tech grows ever smarter, and 'hiding' behind a false name etc is zero defence against it.
            The internet is full of tales of late night (often alcohol laden) posts/selfies/tweets etc that cause unforeseen consequences.
            The only upside it that there are now firms who didn't exist a few years ago, that you can hire to obliterate your online/digital footprint to a degree, where the average employer wouldn't venture beyond.

Regards

Andy H
            "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X