From $200k a year to Welfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From $200k a year to Welfare

Not only did his stunt cost him his job, unfortunately his family is paying for his harassment.

A former CFO is now on food stamps after a video he posted on YouTube two and half ago criticizing Chick-Fil-A went viral and destroyed his career.

Adam Smith, 37, was the CFO of a medical device manufacturer in Arizona, until the summer 2012, when he -- and thousands of other people -- started protesting against Chick-Fil-A for the fast-food chainís anti-gay stance.

One day, Smith decided to go through the drive-thru at his local Chick-Fil-A, where he ordered a free water -- the fast food chain offers customers free water -- and videotaped himself telling the drive-thru attendant how much he despised Chick-Fil-A.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/cfo-f...ry?id=29533695
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

The guy was a CFO earning 200k a year, and he had no crisis financial plan?

Sounds like his anger issues and hostility to entry level workers is not the least of his failings.

Why do these morons attack minimum-wage people just trying to slog through their day? If he needed to yell at someone (although why he felt the need to be that immature), he should have gone to someone in corporate.

What a chump. I bet he doesn't bully wait staff now.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      What a chump. I bet he doesn't bully wait staff now.
      I bet he is wait staff now.

Comment

I remember him on the news here (Arizona) and it didn't take his company two days to can his ass. They were royally pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          I remember him on the news here (Arizona) and it didn't take his company two days to can his ass. They were royally pissed.
          They were right to do so. What a moron. A $200k a year exec harassing some poor woman trying to make a living over something she had absolutely no control over, and then posting it on the Net.

He sure was proud of his ability to berate an entry level worker.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            They were right to do so. What a moron. A $200k a year exec harassing some poor woman trying to make a living over something she had absolutely no control over, and then posting it on the Net.

He sure was proud of his ability to berate an entry level worker.
            She probably made out good off that. Viral video with her acting responsibly and handling an @$$hole customer with composure...

Comment

She probably made out good off that. Viral video with her acting responsibly and handling an @$$hole customer with composure...
              I hope she did.

I loathe people who bully people in service jobs like janitors and wait staff.

Comment

Ron White summed it all up perfectly: "You can't fix stupid."

This sphincter must have been a peach to work for.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

In honor of this thread I picked up lunch at Chik-filet. To celebrate the outcome I asked for a free cup of water with my meal (I don't normally get a drink with take-out food).

Comment

If you don't like a business don't use it.
                    To go and berate some junior employee who probably neither knows nor cares about the company's political stance is nasty. And videoing the event and boasting about it beggars belief. It's like committing a crime then posting an image of you doing it on line.

Don't think much of his financial skills either, is he even an accountant? a lot of American CFOs aren't. (Enron...)
                    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

So I guess you could say he got his...

..."Just Desserts?"

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheBarbarian View Post
                        So I guess you could say he got his...

..."Just Desserts?"

Comment

Well, you have to recognize that Tucson is the "Berkeley" of Arizona... Like the original, Progressives there do stupid stuff all the time and make it public for our enjoyment.

Comment

Well, you have to recognize that Tucson is the "Berkeley" of Arizona... Like the original, Progressives there do stupid stuff all the time and make it public for our enjoyment.
                            There's still some justice, apparently.

Comment

I'm sure he'll enjoy his new experiences in 'life after money'. How long 'til his divorce from his current trophy wife?
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X