Phil Robertson uses 'rape story' to denounce atheists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
    What exactly is your argument then? In for a penny in for a pound?
    There is no argument, you should stop trying to find one.

Regarding this thread; hypocrisy would be the people that pay to see a movie that has rape in it and then attack the duck guy because he said something that they paid to see.

In this instant I mentioned liberals, to be fair I should have said anyone.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      By quoting my post, you responded to my post. If you were making a general statement you should not have quoted me.
      But you did mention hypocrisy and equivalency, which is what I wanted to expand upon after reading your post.

One of the reasons there isn't a straw man is that I was not actually refuting anything you said. I was simply building off of what you said, not challenging it or saying it was wrong.

And you actually agreed with my statement - it's sorta hard to use a straw man against someone who is agreeing with you, after all.

BTW, this is an internet forum, it isn't combat.
      Like I said, I'm grumpy this morning. I was wrongly accused of four different fallacies one after the other. That and my dog is doing her best to be sick in every room of the apartment. And I didn't get any sleep...

Run while you can. Don't let DoD start rattling off everything he's annoyed about!

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
        Like I said, I'm grumpy this morning. I was wrongly accused of four different fallacies one after the other. That and my dog is doing her best to be sick in every room of the apartment. And I didn't get any sleep...
        Maybe take a 30 minute power nap....
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
          Maybe take a 30 minute power nap....
          I wish I could, man.

Comment

I wish I could, man.
            Work, school or a combination that is stopping you?

It is Holy Week....you could always go to church..

Comment

But you did mention hypocrisy and equivalency, which is what I wanted to expand upon after reading your post.

One of the reasons there isn't a straw man is that I was not actually refuting anything you said. I was simply building off of what you said, not challenging it or saying it was wrong.
              Must be your lack of sleep....

Your post didn't come across that way. Adding something like I did below would have helped:

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
              I agree, Hypocrisy does demand some equivalency. Keep in mind, It's not hypocritical to rail against murder while being guilty of jay walking, even though they're both crimes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X