Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combined Sgt. Bergdahl Thread

SGT Bergdahl’s attorney states he has Charge sheets in hand

SGT Bergdahl’s attorney says the SGT was given the Charge sheets stating that he will be charged with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy.

The US Army says they will have a 1530(EDT) update today from Ft Bragg NC.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/c...ith-desertion/
    Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 25 Mar 15, 19:46. Reason: To combine four threads into one.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Im not surprised by this, I have been hearing rumors for months now that desertion charges were imminent.

And to think, Obama traded 5 terrorists for this guy! He paraded this traitor's parents around the Rose Garden and his Secretary of Defense call Berghal a hero. Good move Barry

Comment

Good. A GCM will establish what he really did.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
        Im not surprised by this, I have been hearing rumors for months now that desertion charges were imminent.

And to think, Obama traded 5 terrorists for this guy! He paraded this traitor's parents around the Rose Garden and his Secretary of Defense call Berghal a hero. Good move Barry
        We were and always will be obligated to bring back our own, especially from an enemy like he was held by. Even if it is only to charge them, try them and put them in prison. Every service member deserves it.
        “To talk of many things:
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
          We were and always will be obligated to bring back our own, especially from an enemy like he was held by. Even if it is only to charge them, try them and put them in prison. Every service member deserves it.
          I don't agree with giving up terrorists for him, but I agree with the principal. I would have been more comfortable with shooting five Gitmo detainees a week until they gave him back, but that's not gonna happen.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

So Obama traded five high value terrorists for....a deserter?

Obama negotiated a trade that's now increasingly look like a cheap deal and was suckered by a bunch of rag-tag terrorists. It's not giving me newfound confidence that Obama will get the most out of any deal with Iran. I mean if all he got was a deserter and five terrorists going their merry way in plotting more attacks on USA, then I can in no good conscience call that a good deal even that got the only missing American soldier back home.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...official-says/
            Fox News has learned he will be specifically charged with desertion and misbehavior toward the enemy. A senior U.S. official said he will face a court martial and likely trial.

Bergdahl 28, walked away from his post in Afghanistan and was captured, then released years later by the Taliban in the controversial prisoner exchange.
            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
              ...SGT Bergdahl’s attorney says...he will be charged with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy...
              Works for me.

Comment

Took 'em long enough...

Comment

Bumper sticker wisdom:

Comment

Three Of "Bergdahgl Five" Returning To Terrorism

Thanks, BoBo...meanwhile,. Bergdahl is being tried for desertion.

At least three of the five Taliban leaders traded last year for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl have tried to plug back into their old terror networks, a government official familiar with the intelligence told Fox News, describing it as an attempt to "re-engage." The new allegations come as Bergdahl now faces desertion charges, and as the one-year deal governing the former Guantanamo detainees' supervised release in the Gulf nation of Qatar is set to expire -- at the end of May.
                    The director of the Defense Intelligence Agency recently told Congress that, after that expiration, all his officers can do is warn the U.S. government if the men return to the battlefield.
                    "I've seen nothing that causes me to believe these folks are reformed or [have] changed their ways or intend to re-integrate to society in ways to give me any confidence that they will not return in trying to do harm to America," Rep. Mike Pompeo, R-Kan., a member of the House intelligence committee, told Fox News.
                    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...rror-networks/
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Bergdahl Charged With Desertion

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was captured by the Taliban after abandoning his post in Afghanistan and then freed five years later in a controversial trade for five Guantanamo detainees, was charged Wednesday with desertion.
                      U.S. Army Forces Command announced the decision at Fort Bragg in North Carolina.
                      He was charged with misbehavior before the enemy, which carries a maximum sentence of up to life in prison. He was also charged with desertion, which carries a maximum of five years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                        Obama negotiated a trade that's now increasingly look like a cheap deal and was suckered by a bunch of rag-tag terrorists. It's not giving me newfound confidence that Obama will get the most out of any deal with Iran. I mean if all he got was a deserter and five terrorists going their merry way in plotting more attacks on USA, then I can in no good conscience call that a good deal even that got the only missing American soldier back home.

Fox News has learned he will be specifically charged with desertion and misbehavior toward the enemy. A senior U.S. official said he will face a court martial and likely trial.

Bergdahl 28, walked away from his post in Afghanistan and was captured, then released years later by the Taliban in the controversial prisoner exchange.
                        Obama wasn't "suckered" at all. He freed five fellow Muslims from prosecution as known terrorists.

Bergdahl just turned out to be a scrote bag

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                          I don't agree with giving up terrorists for him, but I agree with the principal. I would have been more comfortable with shooting five Gitmo detainees a week until they gave him back, but that's not gonna happen.
                          Me too, on public television like al Jazeera does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Obama wasn't "suckered" at all. He freed five fellow Muslims from prosecution as known terrorists.

Bergdahl just turned out to be a scrote bag
                            Yup fellow Muslims.
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post

No he traded them for a US Service Member. We do not leave them behind.
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X