Google's Inside Track At The White House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google's Inside Track At The White House

As the federal government was wrapping up its antitrust investigation of Google, company executives had a flurry of meetings with top officials at the White House and Federal Trade Commission, the agency running the probe. Google co-founder Larry Page met with FTC officials to discuss settlement talks, according to visitor logs and emails reviewed by The Wall Street Journal. Google Chairman Eric Schmidt met with Pete Rouse, a senior adviser to President Barack Obama, in the White House.
    The documents donít show exactly what was discussed in late 2012. Soon afterward, the FTC closed its investigation after Google agreed to make voluntary changes to its business practices.
    Googleís access to high-ranking Obama administration officials during a critical phase of the antitrust probe is one sign of the Internet giantís reach in Washington. Since Obama took office, employees of the Mountain View, Calif., company have visited the White House for meetings with senior officials about 230 times, or an average of roughly once a week, according to the visitor logs reviewed by the Journal.
    One top lobbyist at Google, Johanna Shelton, has had more than 60 meetings at the White House. In comparison, employees of rival Comcast, also known as a force in Washington, have visited the White House a total of about 20 times since Mr. Obama took office.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ntcmp=HPBucket
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Money talks. A basic tenant of politics.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Not once the revolution comes and we instate the DoDacracy!

I'll be his Chief of Staff. so you know you can trust him.

Comment

Yeah...but BS is also supposed to "walk" according to the same tenet, and BoBo is still there.

More practically, when Obama is in bed with Google, I smell a massive invasion of our privacy, another reason I never use Google for anything.

Comment

Obama is hitting up donors for his Presidential library, which will be next to his house in Hawaii.
          "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Yeah...but BS is also supposed to "walk" according to the same tenet, and BoBo is still there.

More practically, when Obama is in bed with Google, I smell a massive invasion of our privacy, another reason I never use Google for anything.
            You don't use Google-Google uses you.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailboss49 View Post
              Obama is hitting up donors for his Presidential library, which will be next to his house in Hawaii.
              Good place for it, far out of reach of the average American and downwind as well.

Comment

You don't use Google-Google uses you.
                Exactly.

Comment

They've been trying unsuccessfully to teach him how to use his Blackberry...

Comment

Quite possibly the basic tenant.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                      Not once the revolution comes and we instate the DoDacracy!

I'll be his Chief of Staff. so you know you can trust him.
                      Bulls***...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        They've been trying unsuccessfully to teach him how to use his Blackberry...
                        I thought those were in his pants?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          I thought those were in his pants?
                          Those are dingleberries...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            Those are dingleberries...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X