No announcement yet.

15 minutes of fame and then some...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Republicans should be worshipping her for bringing down the Clintons.

No one else was able to make anything stick.

except Bill, on her dress.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post

I've always wondered why Ken Starr didn't pursue the Vince Foster case: the physical crime-scene evidence discrepancies are legion -- not least the absence of blood at a scene that was ultimately ruled a suicide by small-caliber pistol to the neck.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post

Brought down?

Sure, it hurt Slick Willie's administration and earned him a place in the history books for being impeached, but in case you've slept through the last few years Hillary is a former SoS and is now making her second bid for the Dem primary.

You have some strange ideas of politics.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          Brought down?
          The only one brought down was Monica.

Thank-you, I'll be in town all week!

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
            The only one brought down was Monica.

Thank-you, I'll be in town all week!
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Its not holier than thou. She had an affair with her married boss. If he had been the manager of a Radio Shack, the circle of people snickering over the spectacle would be very small. But she decided to get it on with a guy who, however worthless he was, is destined to occupy a place in history, however small and ignoble that place will be.
              But it is holier than thou. She doesn't keep trumpeting the bj. It's everyone else.
              She chose the scope. She decided to get it on with a married man in the media spotlight. So she will have to deal with being a household source of humor.
              Being a source of humor is one thing. Being treated as if she is without worth 17 YEARS LATER is a far different beast.

If she wanted dignity, giving her married boss a blowjob in his office was not the way to earn it.
              She was a young intern who fell for a powerful attractive man. Dignity wasn't part of the deal.

We've all made mistakes. We've all been laughed at for it. That doesn't make anyone, including her, a victim.
              I'm not commenting on the laughter. I'm commenting on the holier than thou condemnation of a person who did nothing worthy of decades long scorn.

I also agree she's not a sex victim. But the **** shaming in this thread is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                But it is holier than thou. She doesn't keep trumpeting the bj. It's everyone else.
                Like I said, if she had been caught blowing her married boss who was a Radio Shack manager, it would have been over quick. She chose the POTUS. And Slick Wille stays in the news.

Think about it this is a history forum. Guys come here to argue about stuff that happened before they were born (except Mountain Man).

Being a source of humor is one thing. Being treated as if she is without worth 17 YEARS LATER is a far different beast.
                Not really. Like I said, Slick willie keeps it alive by continually maintaining a public profile.

She was a young intern who fell for a powerful attractive man. Dignity wasn't part of the deal.
                Exactly. She's an object lesson in consequences.

Of course, why she saved the dress brings up a serious question about her motivations.

I'm not commenting on the laughter. I'm commenting on the holier than thou condemnation of a person who did nothing worthy of decades long scorn.
                Well, your interpretation of emotion based on text may be at fault. All I've seen is a lot of humor.

I also agree she's not a sex victim. But the **** shaming in this thread is getting ridiculous.
                Its a funny story, and there's a rough bunch of guys here.

But I don't think anyone here wants to drive her to her knees. She needs to suck it up and get on with the job of life; blow off all this negativity and rise above it all. Like cream.

Comment

But I don't think anyone here wants to drive her to her knees. She needs to suck it up and get on with the job of life; blow off all this negativity and rise above it all. Like cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post

I'm ashamed to admit...even I admired his post.
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                      He was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice, not sexual crimes.
                      Actually...he was acquitted.
                      #occupyarmchairgeneral.
                      Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
                      Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Impeached is like getting indicted. You still need a trial to determine guilt. Once upon a time just getting threatened with impeachment was considered a fail. Richard Nixon for instance resigned rather than going through this.

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

He (Bubba) wasn't just impeached by the House and aquitted by the Senate. He was found guilty of lying in a Federal Court and was stripped of his Law License for a time. If ya all remembered Ken Starr was appointed on account of Whitewater Land Deal which brought down a sitting Governor and numerous others. The principals in the land deal wouldn't roll over on the Clintons and went to jail also for their crimes. The monica crap was just a freakshow. She seems to surface up every few years with nothing to offer but how she is/was the victim. Tired of her.Go away!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X