Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama care was a scam to line the pockets of insurance companies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Obama care was a scam to line the pockets of insurance companies

    How else do you explain this?
    Americans have health insurance they cNt afford to use, but they have to buy to avoid the penalty.

    "Although more Americans have health insurance coverage, 25 percent of non-elderly Americans don’t have enough liquid assets to cover the deductible on their health insurance plan, according to a new report from the Kaiser Family Foundation.

    The report finds that many consumers don’t have the cash on hand to cover the cost of a mid-range deductible or $1,200 for an individual or $2,400 per family. High deductible health plans require that consumers cover their health care costs out of pocket until they’ve met their deductible.

    The goal of such plans is to keep costs down by encouraging consumers to consider the costs and benefits of health care before purchasing it. “It’s really up to the consumer with these plans to comparison shop and look for cost savings when making medical decisions,’ says Kevin Coleman of HealthPocket.com.

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/money/...-it/ar-AA9HMkW
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

  • #2
    Of course it is, and always was. No other way to explain penalizing people who cannot afford the care to begin with.

    Want to bet that the major beneficiaries are companies that donate heavily to the Democrats?


    When I as in the military, we called this a major screw-job.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • #3
      As MM stated, of course it was. Every one said as much. I guess in the conservative sphere they were all talking about a government take over and the socializing of insurance etc. Nothing could be further from the truth. Money bag for Big Insurance, all the way.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        As MM stated, of course it was. Every one said as much. I guess in the conservative sphere they were all talking about a government take over and the socializing of insurance etc. Nothing could be further from the truth. Money bag for Big Insurance, all the way.
        That is exactly what happened, the government can tax you if you don't get Obamacare. Insurance companies don't have that authority.

        It's a self licking ice cream cone for Obamacare; those that can't afford Obamacare pay the tax which gets fed into Obamacare.
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
          As MM stated, of course it was. Every one said as much. I guess in the conservative sphere they were all talking about a government take over and the socializing of insurance etc. Nothing could be further from the truth. Money bag for Big Insurance, all the way.
          Actually, it is the worst of statist capitalism. The big insurers make gobs of cash. The government gets to make piles of cash if you won't fork it over to the insurance companies. The two are in collusion to make it happen.
          The insurers are like the gangsters squeezing you for protection money while the government provides the muscle to force you to pay.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Actually, it is the worst of statist capitalism. The big insurers make gobs of cash. The government gets to make piles of cash if you won't fork it over to the insurance companies. The two are in collusion to make it happen.
            The insurers are like the gangsters squeezing you for protection money while the government provides the muscle to force you to pay.
            .......and the government created the law that forces us to pay.....

            Yeah, like CE said regarding the government takeover:

            "Nothing could be further from the truth"

            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

            Comment


            • #7
              Forces us to line the pockets of insurance salesmen.
              Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
              Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                Forces us to line the pockets of insurance salesmen.
                Not accurate. Otherwise, there would be people flocking to become insurance salesmen.

                Now, who's pockets are being lined? Democrats and the insurance executives that are benefiting from the law Pelosi said had to be passed before we could see what was in it.

                Note, Zero Republicans voted for passage of that bill and Pelosi had to twist arms to get a simple majority of Democrats to vote for it.
                “Breaking News,”

                “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                  Not accurate. Otherwise, there would be people flocking to become insurance salesmen.

                  Now, who's pockets are being lined? Democrats and the insurance executives that are benefiting from the law Pelosi said had to be passed before we could see what was in it.

                  Note, Zero Republicans voted for passage of that bill and Pelosi had to twist arms to get a simple majority of Democrats to vote for it.
                  We are on the same page. Insurance companies are sales companies, cut and dried, they want to take in as much as they can and pay out as little as possible, anyone who thinks that is a good way to keep healthcare cost down is an idiot!
                  If the idea was to make healthcare affordable the goal should be to restrict to number of hands in the cookie jar. As I told my Rep. Raul Labrador the next time the people in DC decide they are going to improve health care, keep the insurance companies out of the meetings.
                  Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                  Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                    As MM stated, of course it was. Every one said as much. I guess in the conservative sphere they were all talking about a government take over and the socializing of insurance etc. Nothing could be further from the truth. Money bag for Big Insurance, all the way.
                    I worked in the insurance industry for a while ("another reason to despise DoD" - Size-1) and we were quite happy with it. While it hurt sales in some ways by making people get upset, the idea that they HAD to buy it was a pretty powerful sales point.

                    Plus, we always made an offer to educate people for free on Obamacare, which was a great way to get your foot in the door, so to speak.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well, even if it wasn't a scam of insurance companies when the Democrats passed it, it has become one since and that is the fault of Democrats simply because as the leader of The Minions of Ignorance in Congress at the time put it "We have to pass this bill to find out what's in it..."

                      For the life of me, with it being as bad as it is how is that b still in office?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        For the life of me, with it being as bad as it is how is that b still in office?
                        Because he was elected for two terms, and each term lasts 4-years.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                          Because he was elected for two terms, and each term lasts 4-years.
                          I was speaking about this clueless ....



                          That's the "deer in the headlights" look or the "What? You asked me a question I actually have to answer?" look...
                          Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 13 Mar 15, 21:57.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            I was speaking about this clueless ....

                            Curses! Now I will have nightmares!
                            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X