B. Clinton Has Received $16M In Taxpayer Funds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B. Clinton Has Received $16M In Taxpayer Funds

Former President Bill Clinton has received nearly $16 million in taxpayer funds since leaving the White House, covering everything from his pension to personnel to benefits -- and renewing questions over how much taxpayers really should spend on ex-presidents who make millions after leaving office.
    A new Politico report and analysis examined the payments since he left office in 2001, and claimed it amounts to more than any other ex-president has received. Meanwhile, Politico points out, Clinton has a personal annual income that beats all the other living former presidents. His $15 million advance -- then a record -- for his 2008 memoir was just a sliver of his earnings. According to reports he's made more than $106 million in speaking fees alone since 2001.
    Clinton’s wife, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, also has earned millions in speaking fees -- and released a memoir, for which she reportedly got a $14 million advance, last year. In the first 16 months after leaving Foggy Bottom in 2012, she made at total of $12 million in personal income, according to Bloomberg.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...dent-benefits/
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

That can't be true......Hillary said the opposite:

"You have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt," Clinton said. "We had no money when we got there, and we struggled to piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea's education. It was not easy. Bill has worked really hard. And it's been amazing to me. He's worked very hard."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...re-dead-broke/

So broke that they had to steal furniture from the White House:

However, government records show that the gifts that concerned Walters did not arrive at the White House until after the Clintons moved in. At least one of these items, a Ficks-Reed wicker table, was logged in at the White House on Feb. 8, 1993. The widow of the manufacturer, Joy Ficks, said last week that it was meant for the White House, not the Clintons.

This week, the Clintons returned the four items to the White House, along with other furnishings, after questions were raised about whether they actually belonged to the Clintons. All the furnishings had been designated official White House property by the Park Service in 1993.

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/feb/10/news/mn-23723
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Just wait for the looting to begin... Betcha Bo's looting is gonna be epic. Expect e-bay sales of priceless artifacts the day they leave...
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        Just wait for the looting to begin... Betcha Bo's looting is gonna be epic. Expect e-bay sales of priceless artifacts the day they leave...
        Nah. He and Michelle wouldn't have that cheap trash in their mansion. They'll order all new stuff to be delivered there on the taxpayer dime shortly before leaving office. That used crap at the White House can say...

Comment

Working...
        X