X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolfhnd
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    In a private hospital the bottom line drives the personnel. If they are in the black and showing profit, they continue to operate. If their care is below par, people don't go there and they end up in the red.
    In a perfect world perhaps but I bet the ones who learn how to manipulate the system will be around as long as the ones doing a good job.

I have experience in both private and government jobs and honestly it's the manipulators in both that do well. I was watching a documentary on psychopaths in the work force and despite poor performance they tend to be top earners. There are some deep rooted misconceptions at work in how we view potential employees. One CEO actually told the investigator that he was going to use the psychopathy test to find more aggressive performers.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    I broke my back last August and received care in the closest private hospital. Most of the negative comments about VA hospitals seem to reflect my experience in private hospitals. I think that it would be easy to assume that the problem is only with the VA. If you want good care you have to shop around private or government operated.
    The problem with the VA is that they are not held accountable. There were people playing with the numbers making it look like they were caring for vets. The numbers, waiting list, denial of service, and denial of disabilities still didn't stop them from getting their bonuses.

In a private hospital the bottom line drives the personnel. If they are in the black and showing profit, they continue to operate. If their care is below par, people don't go there and they end up in the red.

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    I broke my back last August and received care in the closest private hospital. Most of the negative comments about VA hospitals seem to reflect my experience in private hospitals. I think that it would be easy to assume that the problem is only with the VA. If you want good care you have to shop around private or government operated.

Leave a comment:

• hankwill
    replied
    Thanks Jeff ,I'll see if I can make that happen.
    All and all,we still get to keep the card,thank you Mr.President and Congress

Leave a comment:

• jeffdoorgunnr
    replied
    Originally posted by hankwill View Post
    I am required to travel to the Edward Hines Paupers Hospital in Maywood Illinois(90 miles one way)for anything more than a pill or a blood pressure reading.There is a V,A.clinic in Peru Ill(30miles)but last year,after the"V.A.scandals,I was told that they,Peru,had no"care providers"on staff at that time.I was given an appointment two months later at a V.A.medical facility(not Hines)80 miles from my home.I'm not sure of the situation in Peru V.A.right now and lucky I don't need them,right now,but am sure the Peru clinic would make me ineligible for the"Veterans Access,Choice and Accountability"Choice Card.
    I refuse anything to do with"Hines"period.The hospital is overran with tramps,vagrants,homeless people and criminals.
    Last time I was there I caught a janitor,a Hines employee,with his arm inside the vent window of my truck about to rob me of my tools inside,and he had accomplices.
    I always find it amusing that when V.A. hospitals are mention how their personnel or their dependents praise the crap holes they work in.
    Gotta keep that"goose"alive.

"Not eligible right now?No need to do anything!JUST KEEP YOUR CARD!
    I used to live in that area..........I went to the VA clinic in bettendorf.I have no complaints about the care there. I was also told there is a clinic in Galesburg.Sounds to me like you should try one of those........

Leave a comment:

• hankwill
    replied
    FIRE IN THE HOLE !

I am required to travel to the Edward Hines Paupers Hospital in Maywood Illinois(90 miles one way)for anything more than a pill or a blood pressure reading.There is a V,A.clinic in Peru Ill(30miles)but last year,after the"V.A.scandals,I was told that they,Peru,had no"care providers"on staff at that time.I was given an appointment two months later at a V.A.medical facility(not Hines)80 miles from my home.I'm not sure of the situation in Peru V.A.right now and lucky I don't need them,right now,but am sure the Peru clinic would make me ineligible for the"Veterans Access,Choice and Accountability"Choice Card.
    I refuse anything to do with"Hines"period.The hospital is overran with tramps,vagrants,homeless people and criminals.
    Last time I was there I caught a janitor,a Hines employee,with his arm inside the vent window of my truck about to rob me of my tools inside,and he had accomplices.
    I always find it amusing that when V.A. hospitals are mention how their personnel or their dependents praise the crap holes they work in.
    Gotta keep that"goose"alive.

"Not eligible right now?No need to do anything!JUST KEEP YOUR CARD!
    Last edited by hankwill; 13 Mar 15, 13:27.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    Don't say 'server' this thread will be assimilated into Hillary's thread....

Works for me.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Hmmm...we seem to have that old problem of disappearing posts again. Must be a glitch with the nut that retains the server.
    Don't say 'server' this thread will be assimilated into Hillary's thread....

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Hmmm...we seem to have that old problem of disappearing posts again. Must be a glitch with the nut that retains the server.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Lol. Ive been to the best of the VA. Palo Alto clinic.

Worst medical care I've seen. Scarey actually, they wanted to fuse my spine when I really had blocked blood vessels in my legs...

If I went with them I'd have a painful back surgery and still had a heart attack...

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Image is too small and sideways.
    Appropriate when it comes from the VA....

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    smoke & mirrors

Image is too small and sideways.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    My wife is an x-ray tech and thinks the Veteran Hospitals have higher professional standards than any of the for profits she has worked at. I think that it could be a case of finding the right mix and not assuming that outsourcing is always the best option.
    No doubt that she is right for the KC area, unfortunately it doesn't hold true for other areas. The Veterans Hospitals in D.C. and Richmond are well below standards.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    smoke & mirrors
    What's that? Obamacare for veterans?

Leave a comment:

• hankwill
    replied
    N/T

smoke & mirrors
    Attached Files