No announcement yet.

Breaking Another Promise to Veterans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I broke my back last August and received care in the closest private hospital. Most of the negative comments about VA hospitals seem to reflect my experience in private hospitals. I think that it would be easy to assume that the problem is only with the VA. If you want good care you have to shop around private or government operated.
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      I broke my back last August and received care in the closest private hospital. Most of the negative comments about VA hospitals seem to reflect my experience in private hospitals. I think that it would be easy to assume that the problem is only with the VA. If you want good care you have to shop around private or government operated.
      The problem with the VA is that they are not held accountable. There were people playing with the numbers making it look like they were caring for vets. The numbers, waiting list, denial of service, and denial of disabilities still didn't stop them from getting their bonuses.

In a private hospital the bottom line drives the personnel. If they are in the black and showing profit, they continue to operate. If their care is below par, people don't go there and they end up in the red.
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
        In a private hospital the bottom line drives the personnel. If they are in the black and showing profit, they continue to operate. If their care is below par, people don't go there and they end up in the red.
        In a perfect world perhaps but I bet the ones who learn how to manipulate the system will be around as long as the ones doing a good job.

I have experience in both private and government jobs and honestly it's the manipulators in both that do well. I was watching a documentary on psychopaths in the work force and despite poor performance they tend to be top earners. There are some deep rooted misconceptions at work in how we view potential employees. One CEO actually told the investigator that he was going to use the psychopathy test to find more aggressive performers.
        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X