Utah Firing Squad Proposal Points to Death Penalty Crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
    Use of the term antiquated seems like a tactic to appeal to emotion instead of reason.

When it coms to executing a criminal, a bullet to the head is by far the fastest, most humane, cheapest, and most effective method in existence. I never could get how so many people could devote so much of their time scratching their heads for a swift lights out technique when this one is one of the more obvious. You don't even need a squad. Just one guy. It doesn't matter how "antiquated" it is. It only matters that it works.

Then you have the whole "one blank round" nonsense which I suppose is part of the reason. They want a system of execution that is humane for the prisoner and the executioner. But as I have said before, I find that to be BS. I don't believe in making things easy for the executioner. If you don't have it in you to pull the trigger, that's fine. Nothing wrong with you for feeling that. But if you don't have it in you then the state shouldn't be in the business of making it easier for you. One who pulls the trigger needs to see the results of what he does. Taking a human life should never be sanitized, even when it's deserved. If it is then we risk getting too comfortable with something that should be taken very seriously.
    Firing squads aren't punishment duty. They usually have a waiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
      Not sure I see much of a story in this unless it will be unpopular in Utah itself. it isn't as if this hasn't been used since the C19th or somesuch.
      Firing squads aren't an unpopular notion here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        I would point out that its a mormon thing about your own blood hitting the ground to get redemption.

Yeah fake religion rears its ugly head again...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_atonement
        That's not any Mormon doctrine that's been taught for over a hundred years. Would you like to take another swing?

Comment

We could always hire some cooperative ISIS members to lop off a head here and there or better yet, we could just threaten criminals with deportation to Syria where the terrorists could use them as live practice sessions for all the 5 and 6 year olds to learn how to behead someone during their indoctrination training. They could do it between recess and lunch
          "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
          - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaOne View Post
            We could always hire some cooperative ISIS members to lop off a head here and there or better yet, we could just threaten criminals with deportation to Syria where the terrorists could use them as live practice sessions for all the 5 and 6 year olds to learn how to behead someone during their indoctrination training. They could do it between recess and lunch
            Now there's an idea Obama the Ignorant could get behind! After all, he did say that is why they are revolting or terrorizing, or whatever... Lack of jobs! Here's the perfect opportunity to give them a useful job!

Comment

I like it...we can pay them "by the head"!
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Yeah fake religion rears its ugly head again..
                Which one isn't??? Sure as H your blood drenched one is as ugly as it gets.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X