Another Obama the Ignorant "My way or the highway..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Obama the Ignorant "My way or the highway..."

Seems Obama is now saying that Iran either meet US negotiator's demands or the US delegation will walk out.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...fk?ocid=SMSDHP

"If there is no deal then we walk away," Obama said in the interview, which aired on "CBS News Sunday Morning" and in expanded form on the network's "Face the Nation" show.

"If we cannot verify that they are not going to obtain a nuclear weapon, that there's a breakout period so that even if they cheated we would be able to have enough time to take action -- if we don't have that kind of deal, then we're not going to take it," he said.
    That means Iran gets nukes. They could let the process end, blame it on Obama the Ignorant for not wanting to negotiate and then produce a nuke anyway.

The man is a Hindenburg combined with the Titanic disaster.

Didn't the Iranians already walk out, BEFORE Bibi's speech?
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
      Didn't the Iranians already walk out, BEFORE Bibi's speech?
      No, you and some other posters confused a single comment from the Iranian Foreign minister with Iran breaking off talks. Bad source and poor assumptions.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Seems Obama is now saying that Iran either meet US negotiator's demands or the US delegation will walk out.

That means Iran gets nukes. They could let the process end, blame it on Obama the Ignorant for not wanting to negotiate and then produce a nuke anyway.

You do realize that breaking it off would be exactly what the Israeli PM wants? You seem to reflexly disagree with whatever the President says even if it is what you wanted 10 seconds earlier.
        “To talk of many things:
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
          You do realize that breaking it off would be exactly what the Israeli PM wants? You seem to reflexly disagree with whatever the President says even if it is what you wanted 10 seconds earlier.
          That may be so but it escalates the situation rather than makes things better. You don't successfully negotiate from weakness nor do you telegraph your moves. If the US walks out it has no cards on the table. That could leave Israel to do something like a military strike on their own.
          Given Obama the Ignorant's bluster on that (true or not) it could turn very ugly very quickly.

In any case, it hands Iran a winning hand with no effort on their part.

Comment

That may be so but it escalates the situation rather than makes things better. You don't successfully negotiate from weakness nor do you telegraph your moves. If the US walks out it has no cards on the table. That could leave Israel to do something like a military strike on their own.
            Given Obama the Ignorant's bluster on that (true or not) it could turn very ugly very quickly.

In any case, it hands Iran a winning hand with no effort on their part.
            The US is not walking out. We have a late march deadline, a deadline that has been extended 3 times or so that the west has said will not be extended further. So the Iranians must agree to the framework of an agreement by then and a full agreement by the end of the summer.
            “To talk of many things:
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Obama is merely looking for any flimsy excuse to divorce himself from his failed attempts to contain Iran's nuclear program.

This way, he can blame Iran for not meeting his terms and flim-flam the stupid into thinking he actually did something, when in fact, the Iranians are winning.

It's just Political BS 101...
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                The US is not walking out.
                Who said the US was walking out?

From what I understand the President said the US would walk out IF there is no deal.
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

My question is why are we talking to them in the first place? There shouldn't be anything to walk out on.
                  “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                  --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Obama is merely looking for any flimsy excuse to divorce himself from his failed attempts to contain Iran's nuclear program.

This way, he can blame Iran for not meeting his terms and flim-flam the stupid into thinking he actually did something, when in fact, the Iranians are winning.

It's just Political BS 101...
                    Exactly. This is all about Obama the Ignorant.

Comment

Obama plays softball and people bitch, Obama plays hardball and people bitch....
                      "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                      "

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
                        Obama plays softball and people bitch, Obama plays hardball and people bitch....
                        More like Obama the Ignorant says play ball my way and let me win or I'm taking my bat and ball home...

Comment

See my post. He shouldn't be playing ball at all.
                          “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                          --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

More like Obama the Ignorant says play ball my way and let me win or I'm taking my bat and ball home...
                            yeah, that's politics in a nutshell...
                            "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                            "

Comment

O'Bama doesn't know how to play ball. Seriously have you seen the guy pitch?
                              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Working...
                              X