Would you vote for a ___ US Presidential Candidate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    In a discussion with Mountain Man, logic is futile.
    Ah. Sorry. Brain fart on my part.
    “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
    --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

How come Japanese and Chinese are not on the list?
      You got something against Orientials?
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
      Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

What about a supervillian?

"The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
        "

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
          What about a supervillian?

We have one of those now and he isn't working out very well...

Comment

Sikhs have been shamelessly excluded from this poll. Also Buddhists. I warrant Phil would have a thing or two to say about that.
            "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
              How come Japanese and Chinese are not on the list?
              You got something against Orientials?
              Nah the orientals are cool people in my book, many of Asias people like to gamble. Imagine the reaction if in the USA during WW2, some guy said, I betcha 100 years from now we will have a Japanese President.

Comment

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
                Sikhs have been shamelessly excluded from this poll. Also Buddhists. I warrant Phil would have a thing or two to say about that.
                As for Sikhs, and Buddhists, no they are not on the poll, but Hindus are. While Hinduism and Buddhism are not the same, What I wanted to do wrt the poll is to put up the sexes, the 3 religions of Abraham, and a non Abraham religion such as Hinduism.

In any event though, ACG polls allows for around 26 choices.

One of the options I had in the poll was transsexual, and I feel that when it comes to the sexes, most of us think of a man or a woman, although we do know of people whom willingly undergo a sex change operation, these folks can be known as Transexuals.

17. Transsexual — Transsexual refers to transgender people who outwardly identify as their experienced gender rather than their birth sex. Many, but not all, transsexuals are transitioning (or have transitioned) from male to female or female to male through hormone therapy and/or gender reassignment surgery.

Let me say though, things like Facebook and twitter allow you to choose from over 50 types of genders, so apparently, I'm missing a whole bunch of types of people to put on the poll, such as the following

18. Two-spirit — This term refers to gender-variant Native Americans. In more than 150 Native American tribes, people with "two spirits"—a term coined in the 1990s to replace the term "berdache"—were part of a widely accepted, often respected, category of gender-ambiguous men and women.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_v...cisgender.html

Prior to this day, I was unaware that the term two spirit could refer to gender-variant Native Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                  One of the options I had in the poll was transsexual, and I feel that when it comes to the sexes, most of us think of a man or a woman, although we do know of people whom willingly undergo a sex change operation, these folks can be known as Transexuals.

17. Transsexual — Transsexual refers to transgender people who outwardly identify as their experienced gender rather than their birth sex. Many, but not all, transsexuals are transitioning (or have transitioned) from male to female or female to male through hormone therapy and/or gender reassignment surgery.

Let me say though, things like Facebook and twitter allow you to choose from over 50 types of genders, so apparently, I'm missing a whole bunch of types of people to put on the poll, such as the following

18. Two-spirit — This term refers to gender-variant Native Americans. In more than 150 Native American tribes, people with "two spirits"—a term coined in the 1990s to replace the term "berdache"—were part of a widely accepted, often respected, category of gender-ambiguous men and women.

Prior to this day, I was unaware that the term two spirit could refer to gender-variant Native Americans.
                  Regardless of the PC blather above, someone who undergoes cosmetic surgery... and that is exactly what it is... and genital mutilation along with taking drugs and supplements for the rest of their life to be something they are not genetically (their DNA does not change and if their bones were dug up 500 years from now they'd be typed as their original gender as a result) then they have serious issues.
                  Aside from that transsexuals also have an extremely high rate of suicide.

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/jan...ender-20140127

A whopping 41% of people who are transgender or gender-nonconforming have attempted suicide sometime in their lives, nearly nine times the national average, according to a sweeping survey released three years ago.
                  A troubled, likely suicidal person is not what we need as a President. So, shovel out all the Progressive, LGBT drivel you want. The evidence is overwhelming: Transsexuals have serious issues that would make them highly unlikely to make a good political leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
                    As for Sikhs, and Buddhists, no they are not on the poll, but Hindus are. While Hinduism and Buddhism are not the same, What I wanted to do wrt the poll is to put up the sexes, the 3 religions of Abraham, and a non Abraham religion such as Hinduism.

In any event though, ACG polls allows for around 26 choices.

I see what you mean. Perhaps a whole variety of these sorts of polls could be set up. One that bases electability solely on religion, another on orientation, and another on ethnicity. You could then include Asians, Native-Americans, Latinos, Indians, etc (even delving into different variants of European Americans e.g.: Italian Americans vs Anglo-Americans). Might be interesting.
                    "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                      To all of the above categories:

If the candidate were qualified and I liked their ideas

Same answer to many more categories also.
                      Pretty much. Lemme see their credentials and get rid of the useless fluff.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        We have one of those now and he isn't working out very well...
                        Meh, Obama wishes he could meet up with Lex Luthor's skills... last time I checked Luthor was the one who was able to fix a ruined city and Obama has got nothing done with Detroit.

As soon as Obama builds himself a sick looking suit of battle armor then give me a call.
                        "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                        "

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                          To all of the above categories:

If the candidate were qualified and I liked their ideas

Same answer to many more categories also.
                          You said that during the last two elections.
                          My worst jump story:
                          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                          No lie.

~
                          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
                            Meh, Obama wishes he could meet up with Lex Luthor's skills... last time I checked Luthor was the one who was able to fix a ruined city and Obama has got nothing done with Detroit.

As soon as Obama builds himself a sick looking suit of battle armor then give me a call.
                            Hey, I just called Obama the Ignorant a super villain... I didn't say he was a good super villain...

He's more on par with...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              Hey, I just called Obama the Ignorant a super villain... I didn't say he was a good super villain...

He's more on par with...

That could be 95% of Congress.. and kudos for finding a supervillian that I didn't even know about and I know about the Weeper and a dude who got a whole town to hate Superman because he was pushed out of a window when he was baby by Superbabe and this guy.

Last edited by ace; 09 Mar 15, 22:06.
                              "

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X