X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AG Holder signs off on prosecution of Sen Menendez (D) New Jersey

Just breaking story:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2140078

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department is poised to bring criminal corruption charges against New Jersey Sen. Robert Menendez, according to a report Friday.

Attorney General Eric Holder has signed off on prosecutors' request to charge Menendez, a Democrat, with using his office to promote the business interests of a Florida ophthalmologist, Salomon Melgen, in exchange for gifts and campaign contributions, CNN reported.

The report said an announcement of charges could come within weeks. It would follow a multi-year probe by the FBI and prosecutors from the Justice Department's public integrity section.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

I can't say I am surprised. Ive been hearing rumors of the Feds going after Menendez since at least 2007.

That being said I am surprised that Eric Holder allowed this, I wonder if it's relation to Menendez's recent criticism of Obama's foreign policy in relation to Cuba?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
      I can't say I am surprised. Ive been hearing rumors of the Feds going after Menendez since at least 2007.

That being said I am surprised that Eric Holder allowed this, I wonder if it's relation to Menendez's recent criticism of Obama's foreign policy in relation to Cuba?
      It would follow a multi-year probe by the FBI and prosecutors from the Justice Department's public integrity section.
      Been going on long before that.
      “To talk of many things:
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

It could be the truth was about to leak out, and Holder's trying to get ahead of the crisis.

Or maybe he wants to go out on a corruption-fighter rep.

Assuming the SoB ever leaves...at this rate the next AG will be a Republican.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          It could be the truth was about to leak out, and Holder's trying to get ahead of the crisis.

Or maybe he wants to go out on a corruption-fighter rep.

Assuming the SoB ever leaves...at this rate the next AG will be a Republican.
          Hey, you know who can initiate his departure when ever they choose....
          “To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Holder is a tricky little bugger now that he's on his way out, signing off on prosecuting everybody and anybody while carefully avoiding responsibility for his own crimes.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I had the same thoughts, why now, Menendez also spoke out on another one of Obamas policies a few days ago, right now it slipped my mind what it was.

I just remembered, He criticized Obama over his handling of the Iran deal.
              Last edited by Trung Si; 06 Mar 15, 19:33.
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                I had the same thoughts, why now, Menendez also spoke out on another one of Obamas policies a few days ago, right now it slipped my mind what it was.

That or the corruption / crimes are so friggin' obvious that Holder can't ignore them any longer...

Comment

Be publicly critical of the Democratic Social of the White House and the D after your name may no longer offer protection from your political scandals.
                  “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

I also noticed that another Democrat, Tulsi Gabbard (US Congresswoman) from Hawaii is facing backlash for criticism Obama's approach on battling Islamic fundamentalism and ISIS.
                    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...mic-extremism/

You know, for all the media hype about the Tea Party vs the Establishment GOP there is just as much internal turmoil within the Democratic Party (Clintonista moderates vs Obaman neo-Marxist "progressives"). Of course the media won't widely report on that ....

Comment

I also noticed that another Democrat, Tulsi Gabbard (US Congresswoman) from Hawaii is facing backlash for criticism Obama's approach on battling Islamic fundamentalism and ISIS.

You know, for all the media hype about the Tea Party vs the Establishment GOP there is just as much internal turmoil within the Democratic Party (Clintonista moderates vs Obaman neo-Marxist "progressives"). Of course the media won't widely report on that ....
                      I know, anyone, especially a democrat, that openly criticizes this Putz's policies is in deep doggie doo doo immediately.
                      In Tulsi's case he can't fire her or make her resign and evidently he has got nothing on her (like he did on Petreaus and Menendez) to send Holder after her, so he will ruin her politically to keep her from being reelected in 2016.

Comment

I know, anyone, especially a democrat, that openly criticizes this Putz's policies is in deep doggie doo doo immediately.
                        In Tulsi's case he can't fire her or make her resign and evidently he has got nothing on her (like he did on Petreaus and Menendez) to send Holder after her, so he will ruin her politically to keep her from being reelected in 2016.
                        You guys are a hoot. One thread President Obama and all those around him are a bunch of bumbling fools that could not navigate out of a wet paper bag and the next thread they are masterminds weaving a complex web of political intrigue, blackmail corrupt prosecutions etc....

Please make up your minds.
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

The DNP is badly torn. Its why they couldn't exploit their dual majority to best effect. They're split between hardline old-school anti-USA liberals like Pelosi, and moderate Dems who still have some common sense and vestigial loyalty to the nation.
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                            You guys are a hoot. One thread President Obama and all those around him are a bunch of bumbling fools that could not navigate out of a wet paper bag and the next thread they are masterminds weaving a complex web of political intrigue, blackmail corrupt prosecutions etc....

Please make up your minds.
                            My mind is made up!
                            They are a bunch of bumbling fools when it comes to running the country and foreign policy, but they are devious and vindictive when it comes to political opponents or criticism!

Comment

My mind is made up!
                              They are a bunch of bumbling fools when it comes to running the country and foreign policy, but they are devious and vindictive when it comes to political opponents or criticism!
                              Got it, the only competent political appointees work in the secret Department of Deviousness. The main section of which is the Vindictive Branch. These guys are super operatives. Moving behind the scenes for year and years. Having done much at all until no from the blue they strike at the Senator. Plus they are hatching plans against the freshman congress woman.
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X