Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama "Very Interested" In Raising Taxes Through Executive Action

Raise taxes via Executive Order........

"Now I don't want to leave you with the impression that there is some imminent announcement, there is not, at least that I know of," Earnest continued. "But the president has asked his team to examine the array of executive authorities that are available to him to try to make progress on his goals. So I am not in a position to talk in any detail at this point, but the president is very interested in this avenue generally," Earnest finished.

Sanders sent a letter to Treasury Secretary Jack Lew Friday identifying a number of executive actions he believes the IRS could take, without any input from Congress, that would close loopholes currently used by corporations. In the past, IRS lawyers have been hesitant to use executive actions to raise significant amounts of revenue, but that same calculation has change in other federal agencies since Obama became president.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/conncar...ction-n1964629

"Taxation Without Representation": one of the leading causes on the American Revolution.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

How is any of this legal? The constitution is very plain. The president can not make law. And if it is not legal, how can they enforce it if someone doesn't obey?
      "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
        How is any of this legal? The constitution is very plain. The president can not make law. And if it is not legal, how can they enforce it if someone doesn't obey?
        The DOJ would have to decide if it is legal and with Holder heading that bunch we all know how that will go!
        If he tries it I can just about guarantee that this will also end up in the SCOTUS!
        Last edited by Trung Si; 05 Mar 15, 18:49.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X