No announcement yet.

Bibi: "The Enemy Of Your Enemy Is...Your Enemy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, we will see how many of Obama’s Executive Orders are disallowed by the Supreme Court over the next couple of years—I understand they invalidated several of George W. Bushes’.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/07/oba...ive-overreach/

This 2014 article discusses one of Obama’s EX Orders that was invalidated and several of George W. Bushes that were continued into the Obama Administration and were invalidated.

With some of the reading I have been doing it is not an infrequent thing that the Supreme Court will invalidate a Presidential Executive Order, so I think the last few Presidents have been pushing their luck, so to speak, just to see what they can get away with. Certainly the number of Executive Orders that have been written in the last 80 or so years has gone up dramatically.

How can it be stopped or should it be stopped, I don’t know. I did read a piece somewhere just recently that partisanship and ineffective Congresses are going to push us into a loss of our Democracy, in the fact that ineffective Congress will make for a stronger President.
    Homo homini lupus

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Netanyahu publically is being a nice guy to Obama. He knows he needs and he wants the US to support Israel. But, I also suspect privately that he knows Obama doesn't have Israel's interests in mind in the slightest here.

In fact, I think Obama doesn't have a clue what his policy in the Middle East should be or is. He really seems to be playing this one pitch at a time rather than having any sort of unifying strategy.
      Absolutely.

Obama does NOT have a Middle East strategy in mind. It is what happens when you have a President that had only two years in the Senate. Zero experience.

He thought he was going to get by with a "end the wars" and a nice Domestic "solution".

Jimmy Carter thought the same thing, and Jimmy didn't have NEARLY the problems that have developed on Obama's watch.

GG
      "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

• Yeah, Bobo and the Peanut Farmer have a lot in common. Both couldn't put together a professional staff, and both play the game one move at a time, pure reactive policy.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jannie View Post
          Well, we will see how many of Obama’s Executive Orders are disallowed by the Supreme Court over the next couple of years—I understand they invalidated several of George W. Bushes’.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/07/oba...ive-overreach/

This 2014 article discusses one of Obama’s EX Orders that was invalidated and several of George W. Bushes that were continued into the Obama Administration and were invalidated.

With some of the reading I have been doing it is not an infrequent thing that the Supreme Court will invalidate a Presidential Executive Order, so I think the last few Presidents have been pushing their luck, so to speak, just to see what they can get away with. Certainly the number of Executive Orders that have been written in the last 80 or so years has gone up dramatically.

How can it be stopped or should it be stopped, I don’t know. I did read a piece somewhere just recently that partisanship and ineffective Congresses are going to push us into a loss of our Democracy, in the fact that ineffective Congress will make for a stronger President.
          Jannie,
          I agree with your post. The history of America is loaded with eras where we have : a Strong President or a Strong Congress. i.e. Andrew Johnson was dominated by his Congress/Cabinet, Theodore Roosevelt basically ruled from the White House.
          The EO was an early attempt to counter the major problem with Democracy.
          Critical times needed immediate action. A Republic does not respond in the that split time needed. IMO the EO concept has become overused and has become a major political tool. I hope the Supreme Court or the Congress alter its use.
          With Respect.
          My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

• An interesting take on the event:

"I will conclude by saying the following: Since Obama is the godfather of the prefabricated revolutions in the Arab world, and since he is the ally of political Islam, [which is] the caring mother of [all] the terrorist organizations, and since he is working to sign an agreement with Iran that will come at the expense of the U.S.'s longtime allies in the Gulf, I am very glad of Netanyahu's firm stance and [his decision] to speak against the nuclear agreement at the American Congress despite the Obama administration's anger and fury. I believe that Netanyahu's conduct will serve our interests, the people of the Gulf, much more than the foolish behavior of one of the worst American presidents. Do you agree with me?"

http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/8459.htm
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• I don’t think that Bibi has a lot of friends among the Jews of the United States. The following is about Orthodox Jews, which surprised me.
              Some 3,000 followers of the Satmar Rebbe in Williamsburg took it to the streets of Manhattan Tuesday evening to protest Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over his speech to Congress and his claim that he’s an emissary on behalf of world Jewry to warn of a nuclear Iran.

The protest, held outside the Israeli Consulate on 2nd avenue and 42nd street in Midtown Manhattan, was organized by the Central Rabbinical Congress of the USA and Canada and attended by the Satmar Rebbe, Rabbi Zalman Teitelbaum.

Signs at the protest included statements such as “Bibi – don’t drag American Jewry into your provocative politics”, “”Bibi Netanyahu does not speak for us”, and “we are ably represented, we don’t need a Bibi-sitter.”
              http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...medium=twitter
              Homo homini lupus

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                I am glad you agree with the PM. I do to.
                No CE, I didn't say that. My answer was clear, you just don't like it.

The best way to answer back to you is to use your own words:

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                I'm glad you can read my thoughts. However if you want to know what I mean, read the post. My thoughts are clear and your point is wrong.
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jannie View Post
                  I don’t think that Bibi has a lot of friends among the Jews of the United States. The following is about Orthodox Jews, which surprised me.

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...medium=twitter
                  3,000 Orthodox Jews hardly represents much of anything on the world stage, especially 3,000 Jews who are living all safe and comfy in America.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• That's true, but if the American Jews are not supporting the current Israeli Government, then American politicians of any ilk may think it's OK to not support Israel either--it won't cost them votes from American Jews who have always swung that very heavy club against politicians. It may well cost them money from folks like Sheldon Adelson, but that is another issue.
                    Homo homini lupus

Comment

• I believe in another thread you brought up the fact that across the "Arab world", there are folks suggesting that the USA should listen to Bibi Netanyahu. For example,

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/192090

http://www.usnews.com/news/world/art...n-saudi-arabia

Its already an established fact that Israel and Jordan have trade deals, so while there are some negative relations between Israel and its neighbors, there are also some positive relations.

We have heard folks say that all of Israels neighbors hate Israel, or that all of Israelis neighbors hate Jews. Let me say, If I was to say that all of the Israelis hate Saudi Arabians, Id be wrong, if i was to say that all Saudis hate the Israelis, Id be wrong.

FWIW, I'm all for listening to what Israels, Jordanians, or Saudis have to say about Iran, but at the same time, America has to look to itself to make decisions. BTW David, i'm not trying to talk your views of Islam, or my views of Islam here, rather, more or less, international relations. I made this post because I believe you were the guy( it may have been SRV Ron though) who in some other thread, brought up the fact that across the Arab world, there are op eds suggesting that folks ought to listen to Netanyahu, which in and of itself, if pretty interesting.

So The point I would like to make here is that its important to keep in mind what is the best bet for the USA, and in this regard, we should listen to the advice of numerous types of people to help influence our decision, but we should also be able to make decisions on our own.

Comment

• Better late than never.

Obama Finally Delivers Strong Comeback to Netanyahu on Iran

"When I hear some people say that disagreements over policy belie a lack of support of Israel, I must object and object forcefully."

May 22, 2015
                        It took the White House almost three months of wandering in the diplomatic wilderness before it could find the most effective way to respond to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's extraordinary frontal assault on administration policies. But Friday, 80 days after the prime minister's confrontational speech to Congress, President Obama finally found his footing with a confident and assertive address at a Washington synagogue.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/white...-iran-20150522

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                          Better late than never.

Obama "objects forcefully"? Talk about the ultimate oxymoron...

America would be fortunate to have a leader even a fraction as capable as BiBi is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Obama "objects forcefully"? Talk about the ultimate oxymoron...

America would be fortunate to have a leader even a fraction as capable as BiBi is.
                            You could have left the "oxy" off your answer...

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              You could have left the "oxy" off your answer...
                              Sorry...my bad....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X