Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60 Minutes tanks company by supporting Greentards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    ALL the boxes that LL is currently selling are labled as meeting the CA standards. Those labels are a lie and represent fraud towards the consumer, no matter where the product is sold.

The simple fact is that LL is selling a poor product that is not healthy for those that by it. You can't bend those facts.
    I mentioned that right off. I'm not defending the Chinese company's actions, only denigrating 60 Minutes for not mentioning what the actual levels were in their report. Lie by omission is just as bad.

I am also not defending the quality of LL's products. I personally wouldn't buy most of their crap because that is really what it is, cheap crap. But, then again, any laminate flooring product is not really worth installing unless you are planning to sell soon or the floor will see little traffic.

What I am pointing out is 60 Minutes sensationalized their report at the expense of this company. It won't be the first or last time a "news" source does that either. But, it is worthwhile to learn that they do it regularly and how to spot when it is being done.

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    That has nothing to do with current products. That has to do with future products.

Sure it does. Air quality, of which this is part, is primarily an Environmental issue managed by the EPA and state EPA's. The product met current US standards even if it didn't meet California's.

I'd also state that I'm very suspicious of the numbers used to validate the claims California is making on the need to reduce formaldehyde levels further. But, then again, the EPA does that all the time to justify miniscule reductions in miniscule levels of pollutants and when pressed for source data just says they don't legally have to supply it.
    ALL the boxes that LL is currently selling are labled as meeting the CA standards. Those labels are a lie and represent fraud towards the consumer, no matter where the product is sold.

The simple fact is that LL is selling a poor product that is not healthy for those that by it. You can't bend those facts.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Sorry, the CA standards have been adopted by the US, 2010 law, and will go into effect later this year.
    That has nothing to do with current products. That has to do with future products.

This has nothing to do with 'Green' or not green. It has everything to do with knowingly, on the part of Lumber Liquidators, selling a product that is unhealthy in order to maximize profit.
    Sure it does. Air quality, of which this is part, is primarily an Environmental issue managed by the EPA and state EPA's. The product met current US standards even if it didn't meet California's.

I'd also state that I'm very suspicious of the numbers used to validate the claims California is making on the need to reduce formaldehyde levels further. But, then again, the EPA does that all the time to justify miniscule reductions in miniscule levels of pollutants and when pressed for source data just says they don't legally have to supply it.

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Let me start with a disclamer:

I'm not defending the practices of the Chinese companies involved in this, they are sleazy scum like many Chinese companies are. Lumber Liquidators on the other hand was made a target by 60 minutes because they only reported half the story... The half that supports Greentards and tanks the company.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/insid...Hf?ocid=SMSDHP

The problem with 60 Minute's reporting is that California's allowable formaldehyde levels in manufactured lumber is half or less the allowable US limit anywhere else.

http://greensource.construction.com/news/080107carb.asp

HUD and ASTM set the limit for formaldehyde at .3 ppm. California currently sets their limit by type of product at anywhere from .05 ppm to .15 ppm. So, while the Chinese company was not compliant with California's standard and lied by putting compliance stickers on products saying it was they still were complying with the general US standard...

Something 60 Minutes neglected to bother to check or make part of their reporting. Thus, they tanked a company by omission in favor of Greentardism.
    Sorry, the CA standards have been adopted by the US, 2010 law, and will go into effect later this year.

This has nothing to do with 'Green' or not green. It has everything to do with knowingly, on the part of Lumber Liquidators, selling a product that is unhealthy in order to maximize profit.

Leave a comment:

• 60 Minutes tanks company by supporting Greentards.

Let me start with a disclamer:

I'm not defending the practices of the Chinese companies involved in this, they are sleazy scum like many Chinese companies are. Lumber Liquidators on the other hand was made a target by 60 minutes because they only reported half the story... The half that supports Greentards and tanks the company.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/insid...Hf?ocid=SMSDHP

Shares of Lumber Liquidators fell sharply Monday, after a “60 Minutes” report alleged the U.S. retailer of hardwood flooring has installed Chinese-made laminate flooring in many American homes that contain far higher-than-accepted levels of formaldehyde, a chemical known to cause cancer.

Shares of the Toano, Va.–based Lumber Liquidators LL, -22.36% were down 23.2% at $39.47 in premarket trade.

In a damning report, the “60 Minutes” team said three certified labs testing formaldehyde levels in the company’s Chinese-made laminate found it far exceeded California emissions standards.
    The problem with 60 Minute's reporting is that California's allowable formaldehyde levels in manufactured lumber is half or less the allowable US limit anywhere else.

http://greensource.construction.com/news/080107carb.asp

HUD and ASTM set the limit for formaldehyde at .3 ppm. California currently sets their limit by type of product at anywhere from .05 ppm to .15 ppm. So, while the Chinese company was not compliant with California's standard and lied by putting compliance stickers on products saying it was they still were complying with the general US standard...

Something 60 Minutes neglected to bother to check or make part of their reporting. Thus, they tanked a company by omission in favor of Greentardism.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X