Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why have so many people become posessed by evil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    Some do. However, you weren't making that point at all.
    Why don't you tell me what point I was making(=and no, I am not asking you to tell me the point I was making, I am asking what makes you think you know the point I was making better than I do).

In any case, since some do I guess that already disproves everything you were saying.

No, we can't. A psychopath is a specific mental condition.
    Sure, "evil" is much better and clearer term for such people.

You really don't understand what that terms means, do you?

Its not like the B movies depict...
    I am sure your career as a law enforcement officer also makes you a world renown psychiatrist.

Actually, you cannot prove it at all.
    Sometimes your mind seems so closed that I think maybe we all do live inside it. Or maybe you think we do.

In any case, what was the concious decision that made me pick a bottle of coke instead of fanta or something else? I can't tell you since I just picked something to drink(that wasn't such a concious decision either, I was on my way to work and was thirsty).

Also, have you ever driven a car? Have you ever driven, even for a few seconds, without really paying attention to anything? You know, on autopilot. Did you make a conscious decision to do that?

Do you even know how your brains work? About 99% of what goes on around you your brains automatically filter away. You need to make a concious decision to even pay attention to it.

Neither. Its an an adult.
    Yes, of course it is if your definition of adult is someone who makes a concious decision of everything. And if I give you an example that I don't do every decision consciously, you'll just say I am not an adult. Then you'll strut around like a true scotsman thinking you made a fireproof argument.

You know what, this is not even up for discussion. You wanna claim that people don't make unconscious decisions you go ahead and do so in the science subforum, and until you've done so you can keep this nonsense to yourself.

As usual, nonsense.
    Great argument Sherlock, now dig deeper.

Its apparent that as usually, you're talking about something you know nothing about. I'll bet you never even spent an hour speaking with a PDA murderer.
    You are right; I can actually say that Jesus did not die for my sins since I know nothing about evil(since I have never talked with a PDA murderer for more than an hour). Never seen evil, never heard evil, never spoken evil. Where'ever I am evil just flows our of my sight before I can even see it.

It's funny, I think that maybe as a cop you'd have met once or twice in your life a person who cannot,at times, control themselves. I guess not.
    Last edited by Karri; 02 Mar 15, 15:40.
    Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
      Why don't you tell me what point I was making(=and no, I am not asking you to tell me the point I was making, I am asking what makes you think you know the point I was making better than I do).
      You have no point, as usual.

Sure, "evil" is much better and clearer term for such people.
      I didn't use that term. Clearly on the list of many things of which you are ignorant, 'psychopath' is included.

I am sure your career as a law enforcement officer also makes you a world renown psychiatrist.
      Actually, in the USA (A place you know nothing about) police officers receive an ongoing series of training on mental health issues. And in fact I've met and dealt with a full range of mentally ill subjects. That's a big part of police work.

In any case, what was the concious decision that made me pick a bottle of coke instead of fanta or something else? I can't tell you since I just picked something to drink(that wasn't such a concious decision either, I was on my way to work and was thirsty).
      I would go with a lack of imagination, education, and life experience has culminated in an inability to recognize, much less qualify, the choices you make.

Also, have you ever driven a car? Have you ever driven, even for a few seconds, without really paying attention to anything? You know, on autopilot. Did you make a conscious decision to do that?
      Yes.

Do you even know how your brains work? About 99% of what goes on around you your brains automatically filter away. You need to make a concious decision to even pay attention to it.
      99%? really?

Is that your final answer?

Yes, of course it is if your definition of adult is someone who makes a concious decision of everything. And if I give you an example that I don't do every decision consciously, you'll just say I am not an adult. Then you'll strut around like a true scotsman thinking you made a fireproof argument.
      Actually, you've made it for me.

It's funny, I think that maybe as a cop you'd have met once or twice in your life a person who cannot,at times, control themselves. I guess not.
      I've met a lot of people who were/are mentally ill, but just being mentally ill doesn't mean they were not able to control themselves. I've met a lot of sane people who chose not to control themselves, and I've met a lot of people who simply lied and said they couldn't control themselves.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Sin
        “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
        --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

You have no point, as usual.
          I do, as usual.

I didn't use that term. Clearly on the list of many things of which you are ignorant, 'psychopath' is included.
          On your list that is.

Sorry, indeed the term you used was "they". Which is clearly far superior for this discussion.

Actually, in the USA (A place you know nothing about) police officers receive an ongoing series of training on mental health issues. And in fact I've met and dealt with a full range of mentally ill subjects. That's a big part of police work.
          "I know you're seeing giant moths, but just make a decision not to. See, that's how it works."
          "But I can't."
          "You need to grow up."
          "Doesn't sound logical even to me"
          "I'm a cop, I know whats true and right.

I would go with a lack of imagination, education, and life experience has culminated in an inability to recognize, much less qualify, the choices you make.
          So you agree, even by your own reasoning, that it was not a concious decision.

Yes.
          Did you make the decision to lie consciously? Either way a poor choice or lack of.

99%? really?
          Yes, educate yourself on the matter.

Is that your final answer?
          Yes. Jesus, must be hard to be you when you literally need to think about every step you take(because apparently you can't walk without concentrating and making a decision about it).

Actually, you've made it for me.
          Made what for you? And don't tell me the argument you are making is the exact same one I just wrote in there. I mean I even threw in the reference to a scotsman there so you couldn't possibly think so:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

I've met a lot of people who were/are mentally ill, but just being mentally ill doesn't mean they were not able to control themselves. I've met a lot of sane people who chose not to control themselves, and I've met a lot of people who simply lied and said they couldn't control themselves.

Good for you, but I was astonished by the fact that you've never met a person who cannot control himselfs. Apart from kids that is.
          Wisdom is personal

Comment

I do, as usual.
            You've never done so to date.

On your list that is.

Sorry, indeed the term you used was "they". Which is clearly far superior for this discussion.
            Too late to apologize.

"I know you're seeing giant moths, but just make a decision not to. See, that's how it works."
            "But I can't."
            "You need to grow up."
            "Doesn't sound logical even to me"
            "I'm a cop, I know whats true and right.
            Even for you, that is amazingly ignorant on all accounts.

So you agree, even by your own reasoning, that it was not a concious decision.

Read it again, slowly, out loud.

Did you make the decision to lie consciously? Either way a poor choice or lack of.
            Do not project your failings upon others.

Yes, educate yourself on the matter.

Made what for you? And don't tell me the argument you are making is the exact same one I just wrote in there. I mean I even threw in the reference to a scotsman there so you couldn't possibly think so:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
            You haven't a clue.

Good for you, but I was astonished by the fact that you've never met a person who cannot control himselfs. Apart from kids that is.
            I expect if you were honest, got out more, experienced more, and learned more, you would be astonished a great deal less.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

You've never done so to date.
              I have, many times.

Too late to apologize.
              Relax a bit.

Even for you, that is amazingly ignorant on all accounts.
              That's your argument mate, not mine, and as such the ignorance is all yours.

Read it again, slowly, out loud.
              It was clear to me the first time. You are saying that there is no way I could have done the decision to pick a coke over fanta as a concious decision.
              "inability to recognize, much less qualify, the choices you make"

See? Maybe you should read what you write once in a while.

Do not project your failings upon others.
              I'm not, I know you're lying. Not only is it a logical fallacy, but you just said that you made a concious decision to regard something with your unconscious mind...something an adult by your own words never does.

What I am not sure of it is'a choice not to, or if you're just incapable of it.

You haven't a clue.
              Not anymore, I gave them all to you but it seems years of supposed police experience didn't really give you the capabilities to follow even the most obvious ones. Really, I'm starting to think you were either a mall cop and/or confused sniffing glue with following clues.

I expect if you were honest, got out more, experienced more, and learned more, you would be astonished a great deal less.

It would be the other way around...you'd know that if you'd ever left your parents basement.

It's repetition that takes away the astonishment. Such as discussion with you, where unable to defend your own arguments you start a path of denial, first denying you were wrong and then simply continuing with denial of whoever you are discussing being right. And so on...the first time I was a bit surprised someone would converse in that manner and still be capable of thinking they are right. Now it's just extremely annoying. And quite depressing since a lot of people out there are like you, incapable of thinking themselves wrong or presenting proof of being right.

I think, you just like disagreeing.
              Last edited by Karri; 02 Mar 15, 16:52.
              Wisdom is personal

Comment

Keep it civil and on topic. Why does it appear that so many people are becoming possessed to commit such unspeakable evil? Where such possession doesn't appear to have any connection to poverty, population density, education?
                “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                  Keep it civil and on topic. Why does it appear that so many people are becoming possessed to commit such unspeakable evil? Where such possession doesn't appear to have any connection to poverty, population density, education?
                  All of this stuff has different causes. There is no possession required for do anything of this.
                  There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

If the supposed problem is the level of individual violence and brutality of more people, I am not convinced.

I don't think there is a greater chance now than 50 years ago of an individual falling victim to an act of violence.

Comment

Would you two kiss and make up, for crying out loud!

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                        Is this leading up to some sort of religious revelation on your part? Because the rest of the world does not believe in demonic possession.

Human beings are just colossally screwed up.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I would but he wont even take my apology , damn homophobe.
                          Wisdom is personal

Comment

Man by his very nature is a natural born killer.
                            There have been mass murders, rapes, child cruelty, animal abuse, perversions, and maniacs on this planet from when man came down from the trees, long after the dinosaurs had gone though.
                            It's only more noticeable now because of social media and global news coverage. Similar crimes have been going on for thousands of years but never had the publicity or news coverage

Comment

Originally posted by queensman View Post
                              Man by his very nature is a natural born killer.
                              There have been mass murders, rapes, child cruelty, animal abuse, perversions, and maniacs on this planet from when man came down from the trees, long after the dinosaurs had gone though.
                              It's only more noticeable now because of social media and global news coverage. Similar crimes have been going on for thousands of years but never had the publicity or news coverage
                              Yeah, I'd like to point again to the fact that animals do this stuff all the time(rape, murder, theft). We're human, right, but that monkey **** and all that other animal stuff is still in there. Lizard brains whatever. Our ancestors spent millions of years living like that...civilization, societies, morals, ethics, etc only came to play quite recently, and I like to think we are still taking baby steps when it comes to understanding ourselves and how we think and act.

I do think it's possible to of course get rid of all that. Or at least most of it.
                              Wisdom is personal

Comment

The Cosmos is Polarized.

It was Created to be Polarized.

The Cosmos is Designed to be out of Balance, yet always seeking Balance.

The Darkness ~ The Light

The Negative ~ The Positive

Mass ~ Energy

Down ~ Up

Left ~ Right

No ~ Yes

Evil ~ Good

Etc. ~ Etc.

Flux is the only Constant.

This is the Arena(Stage) for the Interaction(Drama) of Friction, the expression of "Free Wills" and "Random" in a "Matrix" Cause and Effect, "game in play" ...

Within this construct ... GDB's Theory of Re-incarnation and Karmic Balance ...

Say you were a serial killer whom viciously killed 20 young women before you passed on,

By some theologies you earn an (half)eternal "Hell"/"Damnation" ...

In TRKB you get to come back as victim, 20 times over at least, of other vicious women butchers.

There's this Ledger that seeks Balance ....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X