Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why have so many people become posessed by evil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
    9 killed in a murder suicide in Missouri, teen girls wanting to join ISIS, little kid being molested or raped, rampages in shopping malls, mass kidnapping of children to sell as sex slaves in Syria, ambushing law enforcement officers, extreme abuse of pets and children, and countless other examples.

Just a small sampling from recent Drudge and other sources Headlines;
    Man with '666' tattoo stabs man in church...
    CCTV shows British schoolgirls at Istanbul bus station on way to ISIS...
    Spiritual leader 'manipulated 400 men into removing testicles so they could be closer to God'...
    2 killed after bomb explodes near police station in southern Egypt
    Death toll in eastern Ukraine tops 6,000, UN human rights office says
    Man goes on killing spree after mom's death from illness
    Police: Teen knocked out school bus driver while bus was in motion
    Police find body of missing woman

What is the matter with people? Why have some become brain dead that they would go join an organization that turns them into sex slaves or brainwashes them into castrating themselves? Is it moral decay? something in the food or water? Or brain damage from drug use?
    Actually, things have been improving.

All of the stuff you describe has been with us throughout human history. You could find every ounce of vice, domestic violence, sexual abuse, and political extremism in 19th century New York and it was all well documented. Mutilation in the name of religion is nothing new. For most of human history you can add human, adult and child, sacrifice to man's list of common ways to please the gods. There were American child soldiers less than 200 years ago. Murder used to be much more common. Imagine trucks driving down your local interstate with professional mercenaries armed with assault rifles to get an idea of how dangerous commerce was in the middle ages.

The reality is that the world is civilizing. We have a long way to go and it seems worse in the age of 24 hour news. We should definitely continue prioritizing the stamping out of evil. The family unit needs to be healed. ISIS is backward and needs to be exterminated. Unlike the government I won't use the "it's getting better" line as an excuse for complacency. But in point of fact things are getting better. Just remember that every time a breaking news report tells you about death and tragedy that for millions of other people on this planet, it was just another ordinary day. We just need to keep the trend going.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I'm curious what you guys think the effect of population density may be playing in making people more "evil". Surely the anonymity of the crowd may be making some deviants more active.
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
        I'm curious what you guys think the effect of population density may be playing in making people more "evil". Surely the anonymity of the crowd may be making some deviants more active.
        Population density offers criminals more opportunity. It also elevates real estate, which can force bottom earners into desperate straits.

Lastly, there are decades of studies which suggest that too many humans in close proximity to each other produces stressors which can cause borderline personalities to act out.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
          It's been going on since the dawn of man. Why this is just getting attention I'm not sure.
          True.

But the more air-time the media spends on this, the less time they have to spend talking about minor little things like the increasingly authoritarian nature of all the Govt's in the world, Foriegn policy, a world at war with terrorism, and the on-going destruction of freedom and liberty.

It also makes people fearful of their neighbors. Divide the population from each other in as many ways as possible, and then conquer.

Massive and constant over-reporting of crime at the expense off all other information causes people in a community to hate and fear each other, rather than come together for a common cause.

And you never hear about things like this-

BRYAN, TX — Federal and local police forces raided a political meeting, taking unusual measures to document every attendee by taking fingerprints and photographs, and seizing every cell phone and all recording equipment in the meeting hall.
          The raid took place on February 14, 2015, at VFW Post 4892 in Bryan, Texas. At 10:10 a.m., an “army of policing agencies with flashing emergency lights” showed up, shut down the meeting of “congenial and unimposing” Texans and forced them to hand over their private effects and biometric data.
          Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pol...MLQ4dLm4up0.99

and in case you don't like the source-

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ng-6096637.php

The Govt is so fearful of Political meetings that they raid you if they can get away with it.
          Show of hands- how many of you even knew this was happening now?
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
            And you never hear about things like this-

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pol...MLQ4dLm4up0.99

and in case you don't like the source-

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ng-6096637.php

The Govt is so fearful of Political meetings that they raid you if they can get away with it.
            Show of hands- how many of you even knew this was happening now?
            The Republic of Texas is an extremist group whose membership include numerous persons currently serving time for everything from murder, attempted murder, bombings, and racketeering.

The incident depicted therein is part of yet another ongoing investigation (s) into the group's actions.

They are extremely bad people.

And as to who new, it was covered by Texas regional media. the Republic of Texas is nothing new down here.
            Last edited by Arnold J Rimmer; 02 Mar 15, 13:22.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Eating Kale

It makes me angry

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                Squalor for sure does, but then you have to also factor in the fact that you're most likely living in a slum and a lot of other things are not so good either. And stuff like that of course drives you towards a criminal life, however that's not something that makes you evil.

Of course you could argue that what makes you evil is simply being human. The whole concept wouldn't exist without us...and we don't really even extend it outside humans...what's a lion killing the cubs of another if not just normal work of nature? But a human doing the same, well that's surely evil. Another interesting part is that if we do evil to evil people, it somehow stops being evil.

So of course one answer to this is that since we have freedom of opinion now, you can no longer just kill everyone who says "this is evil" or "that isn't evil". Which in essence means that anything can be classified as evil. Or in other words, we are just starting to understand that what once was attributed to evil, or possession, barbarism, etc is just basic human/animal nature.

And to hammer this point through I'll use the proven stanza of pro-gun advocates:
                Guns don't kill people, people kill people:
                Evil doesn't kill people, people kill people.
                Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                  Squalor for sure does, but then you have to also factor in the fact that you're most likely living in a slum and a lot of other things are not so good either. And stuff like that of course drives you towards a criminal life, however that's not something that makes you evil.

Of course you could argue that what makes you evil is simply being human. The whole concept wouldn't exist without us...and we don't really even extend it outside humans...what's a lion killing the cubs of another if not just normal work of nature? But a human doing the same, well that's surely evil. Another interesting part is that if we do evil to evil people, it somehow stops being evil.

So of course one answer to this is that since we have freedom of opinion now, you can no longer just kill everyone who says "this is evil" or "that isn't evil". Which in essence means that anything can be classified as evil. Or in other words, we are just starting to understand that what once was attributed to evil, or possession, barbarism, etc is just basic human/animal nature.
                  Utter nonsense.

The vast majority of people never do anything horrific. Even in war the vast majority of soldiers do only what they must to survive.

But there are always a tiny percentage of people who thrive on inflicting harm & suffering upon others. There's no logic in what they do, there's no accident, there's no external reward, its just what they enjoy.

Lions act on instinct, hard-wire programming. People act on conscious thought. I wouldn't think something this obvious would need to be explained to a person over the age of ten, but you learn something new every day.

Comment

But there are always a tiny percentage of people who thrive on inflicting harm & suffering upon others.
                    Seems to be more and more a COP thing in the US.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      Utter nonsense.

The vast majority of people never do anything horrific. Even in war the vast majority of soldiers do only what they must to survive.
                      You're unable to see past your nose as usual, recurring problem of yours that makes me want to commit evil.

But, I was kinda making this point: people do what they must to survive.

But there are always a tiny percentage of people who thrive on inflicting harm & suffering upon others. There's no logic in what they do, there's no accident, there's no external reward, its just what they enjoy.
                      Yeah, we call them psychopaths. Is this your judgement on crime as experienced by a police offier? That it's all done by psychos? No one else has ever broken a rule or done something someone else considers evil?

Lions act on instinct, hard-wire programming. People act on conscious thought. I wouldn't think something this obvious would need to be explained to a person over the age of ten, but you learn something new every day.

People are not robots, and we very often don't act on concious thought, or concious thought alone(you never heard of subconscious?????). I can prove this to you in a million ways, but it's not something I should explain to an adult.

If anything, making every every action only after a conscious thought is the characteristic of a psychopath...or an android.

However, I think that your view of evil is acts of evil done without a reason. As obviously, if it's done with a reason it's not evil('Even in war the vast majority of soldiers do only what they must to survive'). Please bear in mind that I just pointed out in the previous post, that I am not thinking maybe you didn't even read, that no one person is the grand judge of evil anymore.
                      Wisdom is personal

Comment

I'd say nature abhors a vacuum. And if you aren't filled with the proper 'spirit' you get filled with another...
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                          9 killed in a murder suicide in Missouri, teen girls wanting to join ISIS, little kid being molested or raped, rampages in shopping malls, mass kidnapping of children to sell as sex slaves in Syria, ambushing law enforcement officers, extreme abuse of pets and children, and countless other examples.

Just a small sampling from recent Drudge and other sources Headlines;
                          Man with '666' tattoo stabs man in church...
                          CCTV shows British schoolgirls at Istanbul bus station on way to ISIS...
                          Spiritual leader 'manipulated 400 men into removing testicles so they could be closer to God'...
                          2 killed after bomb explodes near police station in southern Egypt
                          Death toll in eastern Ukraine tops 6,000, UN human rights office says
                          Man goes on killing spree after mom's death from illness
                          Police: Teen knocked out school bus driver while bus was in motion
                          Police find body of missing woman

What is the matter with people? Why have some become brain dead that they would go join an organization that turns them into sex slaves or brainwashes them into castrating themselves? Is it moral decay? something in the food or water? Or brain damage from drug use?
                          On a more optimistic note none of the incidents you mention involves more than 10000 deaths. In WW2 60 million were killed. Things are getting better.
                          "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

But, I was kinda making this point: people do what they must to survive.
                            Some do. However, you weren't making that point at all.

Yeah, we call them psychopaths. Is this your judgement on crime as experienced by a police offier? That it's all done by psychos? No one else has ever broken a rule or done something someone else considers evil?
                            No, we can't. A psychopath is a specific mental condition.

You really don't understand what that terms means, do you?

Its not like the B movies depict...

People are not robots, and we very often don't act on concious thought, or concious thought alone(you never heard of subconscious?????). I can prove this to you in a million ways, but it's not something I should explain to an adult.
                            Actually, you cannot prove it at all.

If anything, making every every action only after a conscious thought is the characteristic of a psychopath...or an android.
                            Neither. Its an an adult.

However, I think that your view of evil is acts of evil done without a reason. As obviously, if it's done with a reason it's not evil('Even in war the vast majority of soldiers do only what they must to survive'). Please bear in mind that I just pointed out in the previous post, that I am not thinking maybe you didn't even read, that no one person is the grand judge of evil anymore.
                            As usual, nonsense.

Its apparent that as usually, you're talking about something you know nothing about. I'll bet you never even spent an hour speaking with a PDA murderer.
                            Last edited by Arnold J Rimmer; 02 Mar 15, 14:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
                              Rap music in video games.
                              Otherwise known as the GTA Series. Which are great games by the way.

Now as for the original paranoid poster's question; people are not becoming more violent or 'evil'. You're only hearing about it more because of faster reporting, the 24/7 news schedule and the internet. Essentially what Pirateship1982 said.

As for an example:

Cambodia's Khmer Rouge was just as violent (even more so) as the Islamic State, but received nowhere near as much coverage as the Islamic State does today. For one thing the Khmer Rouge, and their victims, did not have the access to the internet or social media to post evidence of their crimes immediately as they happened. And the media back then was not as quick in reporting foreign events as it is now. Nor did they have to fill every hour of their news channels, for they did not exist yet.
                              ´
                              “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                                On a more optimistic note none of the incidents you mention involves more than 10000 deaths. In WW2 60 million were killed. Things are getting better.
                                I would argue that not 'better' but 'more restrained for the moment'.

For the dead in Rwanda, the decade-long war in central Africa (bloodiest since WW2), Vietnam, etc., their suffering was undoubtedly as severe despite the fact that their conflict was not world-wide.

However I'll agree that on a world-wide stage, and definitely for First World states, things are much better.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X