Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli planes?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli planes?

    Don't know if this is true or not but it is being reported as true. Its going to be an interesting week with Netinyahu coming to speak at the Peoples House this week http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...6#.VPP2V5stHZA

  • #2
    I don't know either but if there were one President I'd believe would do it, it is Obama. The man clearly hates Israel.

    Comment


    • #3
      Too bad we didn't shoot a few down back in '67.

      Comment


      • #4
        There is a sucker born every minute.

        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by johns624 View Post
          Too bad we didn't shoot a few down back in '67.
          Except Johnson ordered a stand down and coverup upon threat of court marshal to all involved. http://www.gtr5.com/
          “Breaking News,”

          “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
            Don't know if this is true or not but it is being reported as true. Its going to be an interesting week with Netinyahu coming to speak at the Peoples House this week http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...6#.VPP2V5stHZA
            The source is a Kuwaiti newspaper, which doesnt mean that its a bad source. Kuwait is full of humans just like most places, and even right here in the USA, we do have some media outlets who like to take certain liberties when they are writing about something.

            According to Al-Jarida, the Netanyahu government took the decision to strike Iran some time in 2014 soon after Israel had discovered the United States and Iran had been involved in secret talks over Iran’s nuclear program and were about to sign an agreement in that regard behind Israel's back.

            The report claimed that an unnamed Israeli minister who has good ties with the US administration revealed the attack plan to Secretary of State John Kerry, and that Obama then threatened to shoot down the Israeli jets before they could reach their targets in Iran.

            Al-Jarida quoted "well-placed" sources as saying that Netanyahu, along with Minister of Defense Moshe Yaalon, and then-Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman, had decided to carry out airstrikes against Iran's nuclear program after consultations with top security commanders.


            http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...6#.VPRyifldVAn

            Now I just went on google, and the following site says

            Fmr. Israeli Lt. General: There Was Never an Order to Attack Iran for Obama to Thwart

            Conflicting stories came from the Middle East on Sunday, as Kuwait newspaper Al-Jarida reported that sometime in 2014 there was an order for the Israeli Air Force to bomb Iran's nuclear program, the plan was leaked to the U.S. government and President Obama threatened to shoot down any Israeli plan headed to Iran.

            Set to air Monday evening on Israel Channel 2’s Uvda news magazine, Benny Gantz former Israel Defense Force (IDF) Chief of Staff was interviewed by host Ilana Dayan. While not mentioning the Al-Jarida story, Gantz contradicted it by saying that an Israeli bombing mission was never approved and, furthermore, it was objections from the IDF that preempted any mission.


            http://www.mrctv.org/blog/tbd

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              I don't know either but if there were one President I'd believe would do it, it is Obama. The man clearly hates Israel.
              Muslims do, and as our first Muslim president BoBo Muhammed stands behind his brethren.


              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Muslims do, and as our first Muslim president BoBo Muhammed stands behind his brethren.


                ODS at its highest. Thanks.
                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                “To talk of many things:
                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                And whether pigs have wings.”
                ― Lewis Carroll

                Comment


                • #9
                  Looks like its based on stuff by Zbigniew Brzezinski, a Israeli-hating Democrat of the first degree.

                  Much as a loathe Bobo, I don't think its going to be true.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                    Much as a loathe Bobo, I don't think its going to be true.
                    Well, see the above quote, its accurate.

                    But "going to be true"?
                    Does that mean its not true until our guys shoot them down?

                    Whatever, your probably right. Whenever the Hussein says anything, you have to think the opposite to have any idea what his real intentions are.
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

                    -Captain Jack

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      Well, see the above quote, its accurate.

                      But "going to be true"?
                      Does that mean its not true until our guys shoot them down?

                      Whatever, your probably right. Whenever the Hussein says anything, you have to think the opposite to have any idea what his real intentions are.
                      I meant I don't think the story will be determined to be true-as of now its based on a newspaper article with a pretty extended chai of 'and he told X' connections.

                      I don't like Bobo, but I know he's smart enough to realize that if he wanted to stop an Israeli airstrike all he would have to do is warn the Iranians & then tell the Israelis what he had done.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                        I meant I don't think the story will be determined to be true-as of now its based on a newspaper article with a pretty extended chai of 'and he told X' connections.

                        I don't like Bobo, but I know he's smart enough to realize that if he wanted to stop an Israeli airstrike all he would have to do is warn the Iranians & then tell the Israelis what he had done.
                        Given his sinking popularity among the military, such a shoot down order would likely be disobeyed or at least, made unsuccessful. However, giving covert Intel to the Iranians would be all that is needed to make such an attack a suicide mission.
                        “Breaking News,”

                        “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                          Given his sinking popularity among the military, such a shoot down order would likely be disobeyed or at least, made unsuccessful. However, giving covert Intel to the Iranians would be all that is needed to make such an attack a suicide mission.
                          More fantasy.......
                          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          And why the sea is boiling hot—
                          And whether pigs have wings.”
                          ― Lewis Carroll

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't buy it. And it isn't because of Obama.

                            It's because the Israelis are quite capable of defending themselves in the air. If that clown decided to intercept an Israeli strike, it would not end well for either side.
                            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                            BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                            BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                              I don't buy it. And it isn't because of Obama.

                              It's because the Israelis are quite capable of defending themselves in the air. If that clown decided to intercept an Israeli strike, it would not end well for either side.
                              On the other hand, my dog knows more about military strategy and capability than Obama does so...



                              Obama waiting for his team to make a touchdown!

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X