Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

    This law will allow people with concealed carry permits to carry guns nationwide.



    WASHINGTON -- Gun rights advocates across the country are making a new push for expanded rights for owners of firearms.
    It’s called the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, already introduced in both the House and the Senate.
    The law would allow people with concealed carry permits to carry guns anywhere in the United State.
    “The idea is if you have a concealed carry permit, it will be recognized in all states the way your Driver’s License is,” said Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America

    With Republicans in control in both houses, those backing the bill are confident it will pass. President Obama will likely veto the bill, if, and when it arrives at his desk.

    http://www.katu.com/news/national/Ha...293968741.html
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

  • #2
    Well, for some of us...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Enf...ers_Safety_Act

    But, that makes sense.

    Comment


    • #3
      Interesting idea that I'm sure has been broached previously.
      As a retired Western History Buff, I drive a LOT throughout the West. My Washington State card is honored in many, but not all of the States I visit.
      Well trained, no arrests, no addictions...I would like an all inclusive permit. Problem is I'm not sure I'd want others to have the same.
      My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Well, for some of us...

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Enf...ers_Safety_Act

        But, that makes sense.
        117 more days more days for me !!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm down with that as long as they have training.

          I don't like nitwits running around without NRA safety training though.

          http://training.nra.org/
          Credo quia absurdum.


          Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            I'm down with that as long as they have training.

            I don't like nitwits running around without NRA safety training though.

            http://training.nra.org/
            And here we go.......

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
              And here we go.......
              Not sure about your response. Can you expand?
              My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

              Comment


              • #8
                [QUOTE=holly6;2993243
                . Problem is I'm not sure I'd want others to have the same.[/QUOTE]

                I am a pro gun advocate and I am right with you there!
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                  I'm down with that as long as they have training.

                  I don't like nitwits running around without NRA safety training though.

                  http://training.nra.org/
                  For the record, if the only training someone has for carrying a weapon is NRA Safety Training, they're in a very sad position. And if said someone bothers to try to explain to me how to safely carry a firearm, all they've succeeded in doing is seeing how well I suppress the desire to punch them in the dick.

                  But then I'm highly biased considering I've been professionally carrying a firearm for a decade, and they're a safety nazi with no clue what they're actually doing, who comes to the range with that weapon they keep in their safe. The equivalent of an average joe extolling the virtues of factory supplied guards for saws to a carpenter.

                  Anywho.....yeah, I run into a lot of those 'NRA Safety Rules shall be followed like the Bible' sort of guys a lot.....to which I sometimes reply that 'pointing a gun in a criminal's face is a violation of the NRA Safety Rules'. Range Rules and classes don't make up for common sense, especially when it comes to wearing a sidearm out in the real world.
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As to the OP, I actually put some thought to this a while ago. And here's my opinion:

                    The Courts have upheld that Homosexual Marriage is legal, and that Homosexual Marriages performed in other states are legal in states which have previously refused to perform them. And it is well known that traditional Marriages performed are legal in all 50 states. Considering that Marriage is a legal status conferred upon someone by the state in the absence of a Constitutional Right to be Married, and therefore is a right because the right to freedom of religion is a right, therefore it must also be held true that:

                    The Right to Bear Arms is a Constitutional Right bearing Equal Gravity to Freedom of Religion. In no way did our Founding Fathers differentiate between the importance of either right, or declare either right supreme among the others. Concealed Carry Permit Holder is a legal status conferred by the State upon someone after completing a generally accepted act (in this case CCW course and permitting process) and obtaining a license registering said act legally before the State. Therefore, by the same Constitutional Authority that demands a Marriage be accepted in all 50 states, should a permit to Carry Concealed be accepted on face value in all 50 states, and no prejudice or infringement of said exercising of a Constitutional right by the citizen be infringed.

                    In short, IMHO, if you have a CCW in South Carolina, you should be legally able to carry concealed in California or Illinois, even if that state has REFUSES TO ISSUE CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS. By the same token that a gay couple married in one state is still married, even if the state they move to REFUSES TO MARRY GAY COUPLES.
                    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      For the record, if the only training someone has for carrying a weapon is NRA Safety Training, they're in a very sad position. And if said someone bothers to try to explain to me how to safely carry a firearm, all they've succeeded in doing is seeing how well I suppress the desire to punch them in the dick.

                      But then I'm highly biased considering I've been professionally carrying a firearm for a decade, and they're a safety nazi with no clue what they're actually doing, who comes to the range with that weapon they keep in their safe. The equivalent of an average joe extolling the virtues of factory supplied guards for saws to a carpenter.

                      Anywho.....yeah, I run into a lot of those 'NRA Safety Rules shall be followed like the Bible' sort of guys a lot.....to which I sometimes reply that 'pointing a gun in a criminal's face is a violation of the NRA Safety Rules'. Range Rules and classes don't make up for common sense, especially when it comes to wearing a sidearm out in the real world.
                      From what I've seen many people at ranges and such are woefully unskilled in the use of firearms. The range officers have to come around a lot telling them not to do this or that.
                      Worse, most can't hit the broad side of bull's ass with a bass fiddle. I'm amazed by how poor their accuracy with a weapon is. They seem happy just hitting something.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                        For the record, if the only training someone has for carrying a weapon is NRA Safety Training, they're in a very sad position. And if said someone bothers to try to explain to me how to safely carry a firearm, all they've succeeded in doing is seeing how well I suppress the desire to punch them in the dick.

                        But then I'm highly biased considering I've been professionally carrying a firearm for a decade, and they're a safety nazi with no clue what they're actually doing, who comes to the range with that weapon they keep in their safe. The equivalent of an average joe extolling the virtues of factory supplied guards for saws to a carpenter.

                        Anywho.....yeah, I run into a lot of those 'NRA Safety Rules shall be followed like the Bible' sort of guys a lot.....to which I sometimes reply that 'pointing a gun in a criminal's face is a violation of the NRA Safety Rules'. Range Rules and classes don't make up for common sense, especially when it comes to wearing a sidearm out in the real world.


                        Bold is mine. TAC, first any training is better than no training. I happen to be a Range Master. Our focus is to train individuals in firing, maintaining, and making their weapon safe at all points.
                        As far as wearing a sidearm in the real world, I would hope those qualities remain important.
                        NRA training includes both short and long arms. Primarily the weapons are used for hunting purposes. Combat training is available from many different venues.
                        I carry for a particular reason. That is I travel a great deal. Breaking down on a stretch of I-90-I-80 et.al. at night, I feel comfortable with a sidearm.
                        It doesn't make me a better man, doesn't make me a bigger man. I solved those questions years ago.
                        Hal
                        My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by holly6 View Post
                          [/B][/B]
                          Bold is mine. TAC, first any training is better than no training. I happen to be a Range Master. Our focus is to train individuals in firing, maintaining, and making their weapon safe at all points.
                          I agree with both you and Tac but I'll add that many people go through the training and stop after they complete the training. I RSO at Quantico on the weekends.....there are a lot of professional yahoos out there that are more concerned about themselves and don't care what is going on to the left, right, front, and back....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                            I agree with both you and Tac but I'll add that many people go through the training and stop after they complete the training. I RSO at Quantico on the weekends.....there are a lot of professional yahoos out there that are more concerned about themselves and don't care what is going on to the left, right, front, and back....
                            Excellent point. Training must be continued. Just coming to shoot, follow the range master's program can be very important. good post.
                            My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by holly6 View Post
                              Not sure about your response. Can you expand?
                              Bwaha saying he doesn't like the idea of nitwits running around without NRA safety training. That's always a good precursor to a gun control argument.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X