A good example of media bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good example of media bias

Watch the following video made by the New York Times. It is almost completely one-sided in its reporting on Obamacare

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the...6j?ocid=SMSDHP

I can't remember when the Times was last a decent source. Or the Washington Post.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Watch the following video made by the New York Times. It is almost completely one-sided in its reporting on Obamacare

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the...6j?ocid=SMSDHP

It is standard practice for the New York Slimes to report one-sided slanted news and give the Democrats' bizarre talking points a platform.

It is my opinion that there is an epidemic of journalistic malpractice. Thereís not one news outlet that I can trust to report the news without bias. Yes, this includes FNC.
      So much of the news coverage we are being fed nowadays are the results of sloppy journalism, lazy reporting, lack of historical knowledge, or flat-out agenda-driven lies. What we are witnessing are some of the most abysmal reporting since Hearstís New York Journal in 1898 got us into the Spanish-American War, aka the Media War.
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Not like Fox is any better. I tend to read and watch more than one news piece. Or see if a journalist I trust has had something to say. There are very few of them. 2 of them operate on a forum I am on. So I am able to then ask questions.
        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

To pull up an old saying - "It must be true - I read it in The New York Times." RIGHT

Comment

If you'd wanted media bias, you should've been living in Scotland between March and September last year.

Both the BBC and the newspapers (apart from the, 'Sunday Herald,') took every opportunity to tell us how we where sliding into the abyss, how the vile cybernats were launching vicious personal attacks on anyone who supported the status quo (there were a few nutters, but when the opposition included the BNP and Britain First, it was obvious they weren't confined to one side) and character assassination of those who supported independence.

It was despite the media coverage that 45% of Scots still voted, 'Yes.'
            Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
              If you'd wanted media bias, you should've been living in Scotland between March and September last year.

Both the BBC and the newspapers (apart from the, 'Sunday Herald,') took every opportunity to tell us how we where sliding into the abyss, how the vile cybernats were launching vicious personal attacks on anyone who supported the status quo (there were a few nutters, but when the opposition included the BNP and Britain First, it was obvious they weren't confined to one side) and character assassination of those who supported independence.

It was despite the media coverage that 45% of Scots still voted, 'Yes.'

Please we don't want to hear it. Scotland is better of in the union.
              you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                Not like Fox is any better.
                Why do you have such an issue with Fox?

Media bias is pretty much media bias.......
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

all media has an agenda..its called programming the masses
                  i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

Not like Fox is any better. I tend to read and watch more than one news piece. Or see if a journalist I trust has had something to say. There are very few of them. 2 of them operate on a forum I am on. So I am able to then ask questions.
                    What I liked about FOx is that it was the only news channel I could look at without being insulted for not being a Democrat every 5 minutes.
                    That, and they still did investigative journalism there.... hell, probably still do.
                    But I haven't watched then in 2 years, or any other TV.

Did they at least wake London up, a little?
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

That's pretty important to recognize.

However, the issue is that leftist bias gets constant attention here. Fox? It gets defended almost religiously.

Fox is less a news source than a provider of conservative editorials. Does that make the leftist bias in other sources somehow better or worse? Hardly. But it's worth pointing out due to the overwhelming one-sided nature of attitudes on the 'mainstream media' (or the 'lame-stream media' to those with delusions of wit).

Fox news is strongly biased, but that doesn't excuse the bias of another media outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        What I liked about FOx is that it was the only news channel I could look at without being insulted for not being a Democrat every 5 minutes.
                        Yes - its the one that insults you if you're not a Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Fox prety much caters for white Christian republicans. I mean have you seen some of there interviews. Then some of the things that come out of Fox are so funny. I mean cities in England where non Muslims can not go and Muslim cultural police roaming London. Really? You can still watch them after that. So yeah I find CNN is better. Though I prefer not watching any US news.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                            That's pretty important to recognize.

However, the issue is that leftist bias gets constant attention here. Fox? It gets defended almost religiously.

Fox is less a news source than a provider of conservative editorials. Does that make the leftist bias in other sources somehow better or worse? Hardly. But it's worth pointing out due to the overwhelming one-sided nature of attitudes on the 'mainstream media' (or the 'lame-stream media' to those with delusions of wit).

Fox news is strongly biased, but that doesn't excuse the bias of another media outlet.

News corporations are there to make money. Not inform the public. I do like Vice though and SKY news. All so BBC.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

That is neither here nor there, and it is your opinion. However, his point was about the media coverage that the issue and the campaign got. I agree with him - it was terrible and full of scaremongering. It should have been informative, discussing the issues and providing a variety of viewpoints. Instead it was a negative, we are all doomed and essentially seemed little more than a propaganda campaign.
                              "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                              G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                              Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X