Obama Vows To Veto Keystone Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Vows To Veto Keystone Bill

And so Muhammed's jihad against the infidel Republicans begins...

President Obama, who for six years signed almost every bill that landed on his desk, is preparing to open a new phase of his presidency -- the veto -- as Congress on Tuesday sent him legislation authorizing the Keystone XL pipeline.
    The Senate sent the bill to Obama on Tuesday morning.
    To date, Obama has issued just two vetoes, fewer than any U.S. president since the 19th century. By contrast, in just one term, President George H.W. Bush issued 44.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ntcmp=HPBucket
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

It was announced few minutes ago that he did veto this bill. We shall see what the Republicans do.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

As you may have realized I'm not much of a Obama fan.

But, I'm with him on this one, we don't need that stupid pipeline.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Yeah, jobs are over-rated!

But seriously, better that US ports and pipeline workers get employed than Canadian ones.

And the good news is that every unfavorable employment report that comes out for the next two years will dredge up the thousands of jobs he just killed with a stroke of his pen.

It'll get signed by the next administration.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Nah, we can just ship the oil by rail like we've been doing...

Comment

January 16,2017 and it's over.

Comment

The Republican's best option I think is to go nuclear and double down on Harry Reid's lead. That is, eliminate by simple majority, the filibuster in the Senate for legislation.

That would mean the Republicans could start sending the President lots of bills that he hates and let him become the "Party of NO!" and the roadblock to everything he actually is.

After all, the Democrats in the Senate led by Reid have handed the Republicans the means to block any nominee Obama sends over.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Nah, we can just ship the oil by rail like we've been doing...

You don't expect them to install a faucet in your house, do you?
                My worst jump story:
                No lie.

~
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  Yeah, jobs are over-rated!

But seriously, better that US ports and pipeline workers get employed than Canadian ones.

And the good news is that every unfavorable employment report that comes out for the next two years will dredge up the thousands of jobs he just killed with a stroke of his pen.

It'll get signed by the next administration.
                  After construction which will probably be out sourced to the Chinese you're talking about 1,500 jobs. Big whoop!
                  My worst jump story:
                  No lie.

~
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

After construction which will probably be out sourced to the Chinese you're talking about 1,500 jobs. Big whoop!
                    Actually, construction would be done by a company like TransCanada or the like. The parts the President can't block are already being built anyway.

Obama the Ignorant, can only delay it.

Comment

Like I have said many times here, I would much rather see oil come down a pipeline rather than by tanker trucks and rail. Yes rail is fairly safe but accidents do happen. Can't take the 'firefighter' - be it retired or not, out of me I guess.
                      "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                      - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Actually, construction would be done by a company like TransCanada or the like. The parts the President can't block are already being built anyway.

Obama the Ignorant, can only delay it.
                        Or are already completed, I agree, it's just a matter of time, he will be gone in no time, and this veto was not exactly a shining moment for democrats for 2016.
                        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                          Or are already completed, I agree, it's just a matter of time, he will be gone in no time, and this veto was not exactly a shining moment for democrats for 2016.
                          Obama the Ignorant! The boy who would be King! (I can't call him a man because he acts too much like a 16 year old boy).

Comment

Or Fracking, or coal for power production and industry, or gas to heat your home.

Let us become totally dependent on oil from countries that hate us and import products from countries that have no concern for the environment what so ever. After enough delays, Canada will eventually build a pipeline to the Pacific Coast and sell that oil to China.
                            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

I don't see the US running out of American "cheap" coal in the 21st Century. By that time I would hope we find an alternative.

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X