obamacafe... another nasty surprise awaits people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obamacafe... another nasty surprise awaits people

Here's the latest gotcha for Obamacare as related by my tax accountant.

If you have a policy under Obamacare at the end of the year the IRS sends you a form 1095. If during the previous year your income circumstances improved you will be hit with the difference between what you negotiated as a rate for your policy and what you now make if you received any amount of subsidy.

That means if you got Obamacare when unemployed then got a job you could be looking at literally thousands in penalties from the IRS for getting that job. Got a raise and had a subsidized policy? Same thing. You will be penalized for your success.

Worse, the IRS / government isn't required nor will it bother to tell you any of this. You get a 1095 at the end of the year and get slammed. Oh, if the penalty for not having insurance is less the IRS won't let you claim no insurance instead. You have to file the 1095 and get slammed.

Thanks Obama you flaming
    Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 22 Feb 15, 18:13.

You know what they say from each according to their ability to each according to their need. You are not needy enough :-)
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Well, if 30 million or so people just don't file this year, maybe they will see there is a problem, even in la-la land.

They may even threaten to deport us.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Here's the latest gotcha for Obamacare as related by my tax accountant.

If you have a policy under Obamacare at the end of the year the IRS sends you a form 1095. If during the previous year your income circumstances improved you will be hit with the difference between what you negotiated as a rate for your policy and what you now make if you received any amount of subsidy.

That means if you got Obamacare when unemployed then got a job you could be looking at literally thousands in penalties from the IRS for getting that job. Got a raise and had a subsidized policy? Same thing. You will be penalized for your success.

Worse, the IRS / government isn't required nor will it bother to tell you any of this. You get a 1095 at the end of the year and get slammed. Oh, if the penalty for not having insurance is less the IRS won't let you claim no insurance instead. You have to file the 1095 and get slammed.

Thanks Obama you flaming
        So where does the "Obamacafe" you referred to in your thread title come into play?
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          Well, if 30 million or so people just don't file this year, maybe they will see there is a problem, even in la-la land.

They may even threaten to deport us.
          If they do it will be an empty threat, because I'm already "home", and so are the rest of the legal Americans. Of course, we could deport BoBo, just as soon as we figure out where he's really "from".

Meanwhile, meet the new national symbol of Obamacare: The Golden Screw

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            So where does the "Obamacafe" you referred to in your thread title come into play?
            It was a misspelling... as if I never did those...

Comment

When I picked up survivor's benefits they autoenrolled me in Medicare two years later. I was then told to pay a premium for a plan I didn't ask for. And if on Medicare I can't have any decent insurance on the side. When I told them where they could stuff this I was threatened. Seems that if you go off Medicare and for any reason pick it up again before hitting the age of normal enrollment they will jackhammer your wallet for rejecting their "generous offer".

Normally when someone offers you protection you don't want for a price you didn't agree to and threatens you when you say no, they're a villain in a Green Hornet radio show.

Government programs look on the surface like a charitable enterprise but when you peel back the layers it all starts looking like a racket.
              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Why aren't the Republicans getting rid of Obamacare? Isn't that what they promised us in order to win the majority?
                “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Speaking of getting screwed... The government recently announced new bolt designs for use in non-standard locations and situations:

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                    Why aren't the Republicans getting rid of Obamacare? Isn't that what they promised us in order to win the majority?

Easier said than done, it's not that easy to un-do. They made sure of it.

Not sure about other states but in California, all healthcare plans goes through Covered California, whether you take the federal subsidies or not.
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X