Bill O'Reilly Combat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill O'Reilly Combat?

Mother Jones said O’Reilly has described being under fire in “war zones” in South America during the 1980s, when in fact he was miles away from any armed conflict.

O’Reilly had “repeatedly told his audience that he was a war correspondent during the Falklands war and that he experienced combat during that 1982 conflict between England and Argentina”, said the magazine
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...-zone-exploits

Not for the first time O'Reilly has been accused of lying about his 'combat experiences.' Should Faux News follow suit and ease him out? Will he end up being suspended or excoriated?

O' Reilly is a clown and in a different role to Williams, but he has been a powerful media presence and influential figures. Should he get away with it?
    "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
    G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
    Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...-zone-exploits

Not for the first time O'Reilly has been accused of lying about his 'combat experiences.' Should Faux News follow suit and ease him out? Will he end up being suspended or excoriated?

O' Reilly is a clown and in a different role to Williams, but he has been a powerful media presence and influential figures. Should he get away with it?
    I don't care for O'Reilly and the way that he talks over and shouts down some of his guests on the air. And he always portrays himself as the 'expert' of whatever subject is being discussed on his show at the time, which to me is nonsense.

However, having watched David Corn on the air too many times as a guest of whatever news show he is on, the only conclusion I can come to is that he is a jackass as well as a left-wing zealot who is not a reliable witness. This is a definite case of pots and kettles.

David Corn has his own credibility problems and cannot be relied upon to be fair in any of his opinions.

Sincerely,
    M

Comment

http://www.vox.com/2015/2/19/8072755...stories-on-air

O'REally is a 3rd class JO.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        I don't care for O'Reilly and the way that he talks over and shouts down some of his guests on the air. And he always portrays himself as the 'expert' of whatever subject is being discussed on his show at the time, which to me is nonsense.

However, having watched David Corn on the air too many times as a guest of whatever news show he is on, the only conclusion I can come to is that he is a jackass as well as a left-wing zealot who is not a reliable witness. This is a definite case of pots and kettles.

David Corn has his own credibility problems and cannot be relied upon to be fair in any of his opinions.

Sincerely,
        M
        On the vid O'Really tells about being in fire fights down in South America. This is just as bad if not worse than Williams claims. So why protect one and not the other.

One lie after the other. I don't think your the type of person that supports such cowards.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-falklands-war

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          On the vid O'Really tells about being in fire fights down in South America. This is just as bad if not worse than Williams claims. So why protect one and not the other.

One lie after the other. I don't think your the type of person that supports such cowards.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-falklands-war
          If you read my posting, I'm not either an admirer or supporter of O'Reilly. Neither do I care for Corn, who is nothing but a screeching demagogue and a left-wing zealot. O'Reilly is a pompous ass who possesses an enormous ego.

Regarding the issue of who lied about what and who and when they did it is abhorrent no matter who did it.

If an accusation is going to be made, however, it seems to me that a much better and more credible 'witness' than Corn should be produced, as he has an axe to grind here and is not without guilt himself in passing bum scoop.

I don't care for either of them and if O'Reilly lied about the subject, then he should suffer the consequences.

We'll have to see what happens.

Is Mother Jones a reliable publication? I know nothing about it.

Sincerely,
          M

Comment

Rebuttal......
            http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/02/20...tonight-8pm-et

Comment

Meh. Left wing desperation. Looks like it was disproved.
              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post
                Trouble is, while he can throw rocks at his accusers, he can't remove the video evidence.

In both cases he refers to being in the Falklands war zone.

Comment

Those weenies had to throw something out as a swipe in revenge for the truth coming out about Williams.
                  Gives them something they can talk about without cringing for a change.

As for Bill O'Really... I have been sick of him for years.
                  He should retire, and let Laura Ingram do his job regular, instead of just part-time.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                    Meh. Left wing desperation. Looks like it was disproved.
                    Desperation? That's been floating around for years. By the way how was it disproved - he claimed more than once to have been in and survived combat.
                    "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                    G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                    Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

O'Reilly is still better than this guy....

girl or whatever it is called.
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdVz...layer_embedded

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          Because he works for Fox?

Conservatives have a victim complex when it comes to the media, so they circle the wagons when threatened.

Comment

Originally posted by redcoat View Post
                            Trouble is, while he can throw rocks at his accusers, he can't remove the video evidence.

In both cases he refers to being in the Falklands war zone.
                            He is a big boy and defend himself....and did..

Again....

Rebuttal......

You can ask Brian Williams....

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post
                              He is a big boy and defend himself....and did..

Again....

Rebuttal......

You can ask Brian Williams....

bs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X