Obama Wants To "Kill Them With Kindness"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
    And you have some well-do Europeans and Americans running off to join ISIS.

Sometimes fighting for a noble cause, whatever that may be, is a great motivator for some people who feel like their lives don't really mean anything despite abundance of things and making good wages. They've come to link prosperity and abundance with the West's decadence and lack of religious morals. It's a sort of religious revival with some of these guys.
    The thing these Religous Aholes want to do is to start a holy war and take over the planet there's nothing noble about what they want they want death,destruction and oppression.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ISI.../16/id/625066/
    Last edited by VinceW; 21 Feb 15, 19:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
      Hasn't there been a large body of research showing that prosperity and employment has a positive effect on reducing crime?
      Depends on the type of crime. When the Italian Mafia was at it's most prosperous and were fully staffed, there were few street crimes in Italian neighborhoods. Rob an Italian deli or sell drugs to kids.......you get whacked in a different neighborhood because they did a great job at protecting their own neighborhood. Colored guy looking at your daughter.....talk to the Don. Landlord gouging you on rent.......talk to the Don. Someone won't hire you......talk to Don.

When I was growing up in New York City, our Italian neighborhood was a bubble. Our streets were clean, and the kids can play in the streets. If some bozo drove too fast through our neighborhood, he'll get his ass beaten, again in a different neighborhood........no sense in scaring our neighborhood kids.

That said, I don't think prosperity and employment has anything to do with wanting to be a terrorist. How poor is the the majority of the people in India with 1.3 billion population? Where were the suicide bombers during The Great Depression?
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
        How poor is the the majority of the people in India with 1.3 billion population?
        I would argue there that there isn't a culture for suicide bombings (they stick to things like murder, rape, and grievous bodily harm). But considering how many hundreds of thousands of people have been killed in strife there, it's hardly a peaceful utopia either.

Where were the suicide bombers during The Great Depression?
        There were quite a number of bombings in the early part of America's history from some radical anarchist groups. I don't think suicide bombing really became "the thing" until much later, however.

More importantly, I would repeat that the problem of modern terrorism stems from a multitude of different issues, not just one single variable.

Giving people jobs won't, on it's own, eradicate terrorism in the same way good, steady work doesn't eradicate crime. It surely helps a great deal, but there isn't a single panacea that can cure all of a society's ills.

Comment

Look at how Palestinians and Hamas leaders ran their own territories. Their first priority was to educate new generations of youth to hate and fight to get rid of Israel. They formed their own training camps, established supply networks, and did everything within their power to kill Jews and other Muslims who disagreed with their tactics.

They didn't care for matters like how to reform their political institutions to be more democratic and less corrupt. Neither did they bother attempting to form economic partnerships with neighboring countries and Israel to improve their lot. They didn't bother with educating the youth on how to acquire skills for workforce or to make themselves a better living other than blowing themselves up all in the name of religion.

Now if they can't be bothered by such things, how could we expect them to improve if we give them jobs or more dough for their aid programs?
          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

The obvious solution to jihad is a Christian Crusade under the leadership of a charismatic and hawkish, hardcore, right wing Christian president.

Nothing would frighten the Middle East more than an all out Western high tech military war against them waged on behalf of our "god", an argument against which they have no defense whatsoever.

After all, an angry American Christian god might even suggest nuking Mecca, and the Muslims understand the need to obey the words of one's god, because that is their excuse for murder and genocide.

So let's elect the Westboro Baptist Church to fight our wars in the Middle East, and fight to win.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

What amaze me is that all these hightech satellites are unable to get a good pic of all these virgins in the sky
              That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                The obvious solution to jihad is a Christian Crusade under the leadership of a charismatic and hawkish, hardcore, right wing Christian president.

Nothing would frighten the Middle East more than an all out Western high tech military war against them waged on behalf of our "god", an argument against which they have no defense whatsoever.

After all, an angry American Christian god might even suggest nuking Mecca, and the Muslims understand the need to obey the words of one's god, because that is their excuse for murder and genocide.

So let's elect the Westboro Baptist Church to fight our wars in the Middle East, and fight to win.

Maybe we could just get all the religious nuts together to duke it out. They could fight somewhere we wouldn't mind being destroyed, like the Saharan Desert, Siberia, or Kansas. Have one big 'Bible Fight' to thin the herd.

Comment

I'm sorry but when I hear them call the West 'immoral', which means they feel they themselves are moral, I have to call it as it is - BULLSHIT! Sorry mods for cussing.

These guys are complete nutbars. They are so far past the immoral point that animals have more rights to life than these idiots have.

Can't we drop a nuke on them yet? Most innocents have packed up their families and ran for their lives. Most still in towns and areas under their control are sympathizers. God knows they executed anyone who wasn't with them. Those who are prisoners would probably welcome death rather than be treated under barbaric conditions.
                  The Islamic world who support these guys and make up it's army are like the Japanese in WWII - wanting to die rather than surrender. I'm not advocating wiping out the ME but one or two tactical nukes dropped in their 'strong points' would send one hell of a message wouldn't it!
                  "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                  - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    Maybe we could just get all the religious nuts together to duke it out. They could fight somewhere we wouldn't mind being destroyed, like the Saharan Desert, Siberia, or Kansas. Have one big 'Bible Fight' to thin the herd.
                    The problem isn't the Bible, it is clearly the Koran.

” Many denials of the Islamic State’s religious nature, he said, are rooted in an “interfaith-Christian-nonsense tradition.”

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/...-wants/384980/
                    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X