Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barry Freundel , yet another example of man misrepresenting peaceful religious people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Freundel , yet another example of man misrepresenting peaceful religious people

We often hear cases of so called Christians, Muslims or Jews committing acts that would seemingly go against there religion, here is a recent case of IMO a man not being a true Jew,

Rabbi Barry Freundel secretly videotaped at least 150 women in the mikveh at his prominent Washington D.C. synagogue, prosectors reportedly told a meeting of alleged victims.

The disgraced Orthodox cleric has been criminally charged with peeping on six naked women in the ritual bath at Kesher Israel.

http://forward.com/articles/214692/m...etly-videotap/

While the act of murdering an innocent person and the act of stealing for example are two different actions, these are both Anti religious actions according to the three religions of Abraham(its in the Quran, Torah and Bible, you cant kill an innocent person or be a thief) I also feel that the Quran, Torah and Bible teach that one should not do what Barry Freundel has been accused of doing.

What IMO we dont need, is for folks to start and complain and suggest for example why dont we see Jews protesting the actions of folks like Barry Freundel, or even Bernie Madoff for that matter. This is because imo most Jews are peaceful people, I think a guy like Barry Freundel is a con artist, hes not fooling me, Freundel wont change my views on Judaism or Jews in general.

Originally posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post

While the act of murdering an innocent person and the act of stealing for example are two different actions
    No ****. How do you feel about cloth?

You shall not wear cloth of wool and linen mixed together. "You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together. Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together. Do not wear clothes made of both wool and linen
    Or disiplining kids?

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
    You are a good Catholic boy, aren't you?

Nobody, even the pope, follows the book to the letter. Or the Jews, or the Muslims - thank all the Gods that have ever been. He's a perve and will face justice, just as (heh, see what I did there) as all of us will if we break the law.

But this is just another of a series of longbow OP's. Muslims kill people... Jews did something naughty but nowhere near as bad... therefore Muslims get a pass and we should all say 'boo' to the jews.

Freundel wont change my views on Judaism or Jews in general.
    I doubt anything ever will.
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

We often hear cases of so called Christians, Muslims or Jews committing acts that would seemingly go against there religion, here is a recent case of IMO a man not being a true Jew,

Rabbi Barry Freundel secretly videotaped at least 150 women in the mikveh at his prominent Washington D.C. synagogue, prosectors reportedly told a meeting of alleged victims.

The disgraced Orthodox cleric has been criminally charged with peeping on six naked women in the ritual bath at Kesher Israel.

http://forward.com/articles/214692/m...etly-videotap/

While the act of murdering an innocent person and the act of stealing for example are two different actions, these are both Anti religious actions according to the three religions of Abraham(its in the Quran, Torah and Bible, you cant kill an innocent person or be a thief) I also feel that the Quran, Torah and Bible teach that one should not do what Barry Freundel has been accused of doing.

What IMO we dont need, is for folks to start and complain and suggest for example why dont we see Jews protesting the actions of folks like Barry Freundel, or even Bernie Madoff for that matter. This is because imo most Jews are peaceful people, I think a guy like Barry Freundel is a con artist, hes not fooling me, Freundel wont change my views on Judaism or Jews in general.
      Those holy books contain passages allowing the abuse of women. They also sanction killing in certain circumstances that anyone sane would condemn.

I know that this will not stop your trolling but at least post stuff that is not so obviously bollocks.
      "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
      G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
      Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Typical TeO rant, quoting from Hebrew scripture and then referring to Catholics.

His comparisons are so weird, they're like comparing grenades and valentine cards.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

And creating Valentine's grenades
          I love the idea
          That rug really tied the room together

Comment

No moral equivalence here. This is why:

Emphasis mine.

In Islam today such action would go unpunished or the woman / women involved would be punished for letting it happen. The same goes for acts of terrorism. The bulk of those go unpunished and are often applauded instead.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              No moral equivalence here. This is why:

Emphasis mine.

In Islam today such action would go unpunished or the woman / women involved would be punished for letting it happen. The same goes for acts of terrorism. The bulk of those go unpunished and are often applauded instead.
              I feel this has little to due with the thread topic^

Comment

I feel this has little to due with the thread topic^
                It has everything to do with the topic. Your original argument is that the actions of one Jew don't reflect on the whole of Jewish society or religion if I can summarize your argument correctly.

My counter is that same society took action against him for his acts. The same does not hold true for Islam where all sorts of violent and heinous acts occur almost with daily regularity and the vast bulk of them go unpunished in any way.

I also am making the argument that his actions were the exception and seen as criminal whereas Jihad, terrorism, and other violence within Islamic states and territories is not.

Comment

It has everything to do with the topic. Your original argument is that the actions of one Jew don't reflect on the whole of Jewish society or religion if I can summarize your argument correctly.

My counter is that same society took action against him for his acts. The same does not hold true for Islam where all sorts of violent and heinous acts occur almost with daily regularity and the vast bulk of them go unpunished in any way.

I also am making the argument that his actions were the exception and seen as criminal whereas Jihad, terrorism, and other violence within Islamic states and territories is not.
                  What does jihad and terrorism have to do with a pervert abusing women? Violence, terrorism and wars are waged by non-Muslim states and groups. Given the dictators, terrorists and insurgent groups that have been backed by the States (and others, including the UK) over the years you are getting a bit ridiculous with that line. The vast majority of abuse cases go unpunished in our societies. There is a difference in the status of women in our societies and most Muslim majority (and others too) countries are legally and culturally misogynistic in a way that ours are not.

The point of this thread is flawed from the start and its intention is fairly obvious. Having said that I am not sure how far off your generalisations are from his.
                  Last edited by Sergio; 15 Feb 15, 18:22.
                  "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                  G.B Shaw

Comment

I said it doesnt have anything to do with the topic because IMO the Jewish man who is the subject of the OP, goes against the values of Judaism, just as Osama Bin Laden goes against the values of Islam. Thats not a moral equivalence imo, thats the view that Freundel goes against Judaism and the view that Bin Laden goes against Islam.

It would be a moral equivalence(and an incorrect one) if say I said that Bin Ladens actions were just as harmful to the world when compared to Freundels.

In this regard one must separate religious moral equivalency from say non religious moral equivalency. IMO Freundel and Osama Bin Laden both go against the values of true Judaism as well as true Islam.

Comment

I said it doesnt have anything to do with the topic because IMO the Jewish man who is the subject of the OP, goes against the values of Judaism, just as Osama Bin Laden goes against the values of Islam. Thats not a moral equivalence imo, thats the view that Freundel goes against Judaism and the view that Bin Laden goes against Islam.

It would be a moral equivalence if say I said that Bin Ladens actions were just as harmful to the world when compared to Freundels.

In this regard one must separate religious moral equivalency from say non religious moral equivalency. IMO Freundel and Osama Bin Laden both go against the values of true Judaism as well as true Islam.
                      You specifically made it about the wider communities and faiths by saying that his actions are not representative. If someone thinks that this kind of stuff is representative of the groups then you opened up that avenue of discussion.

Now you are trying to bring Islamist political and religious terrorists and insurgents into a thread you started about a rabbi abusing women?
                      Last edited by Sergio; 15 Feb 15, 17:55.
                      G.B Shaw

Comment

It would be a moral equivalence(and an incorrect one) if say I said that Bin Ladens actions were just as harmful to the world when compared to Freundels.

You missed my point. I disagree with your argument here.

The difference I point out is that within Jewish culture there is a mechanism that is widely enforced to deal with someone who goes against social norms.

On the other hand, in Islam right now, there is wide support and even celebration of acts like the ones bin Laden carried out. Islamic culture as it exists today widely accepts as just and right violent Jihad and terrorism even against other Muslims.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X