Rambo III should not have changed its end credits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rambo III should not have changed its end credits

Many people here have heard of the Film series Rambo. In the first Rambo we see a movie which tells the story of a ex Vietnam vet who gets treated like crap when he gets back home to his own country.

Rambo III, the 3rd part of the Rambo film series, is about how Rambo is tasked with rescuing his former officer, who is now in some sort of Russian prison in 1980s Afghanistan. Throughout the film, we get to meet the rebel warriors of Afganistan, who called themselves the "Mujaheddin" , true Muslim holy warriors. There is one point in the film where some Afgan Mujaheddin turns over to Rambo and says "Alexander the great tried to conquer these lands, but he failed".

Mousa: This is Afghanistan. Alexander the Great tried to conquer this country. Then Genghis Khan. Then the British. Now the Russians. But Afghan people fight hard. They never be defeated. Ancient enemy make prayer about these people. You wish to hear?

Rambo: Uh-hm.

Mousa: Very good. It says, "May God deliver us from the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger and the vengeance of the Afghan." You understand what this means?

Rambo: That you guys don't take any ****?

Mousa: Yes... something like this.

That was Sylvester Stallones writing btw^^ as opposed to say Osama Bin Laden.

There is another point in the film where Rambo is sitting with about 12-15 Afgan Mujaheddin warriors, and we can see that these folks positively relate with each other.

So throughout the film we see how Rambo works with the Mujadeddin, as opposed to the terrorist stuff that we see from the Taliban in Afghanistan today. This all leads to my question of why were the ending credits changed, here was the original ending credits to Rambo III,

But I recently watched Rambo III this week, and here is what I saw in the ending credits,

I think its wrong to treat American vets with disrespect, and instead we should respect American vets, we should also respect coalition partners such as the people of Afghanistan who are helping the USA to defeat terrorists.

We often hear folks complain about "political correctness". IMO theres a difference between political correctness(an overused and pointless term IMO) and racism for example. If say the end of Rambo III said we dedicate this film to the KKK, then I could understand the film title being changed.

While the ending credits of Rambo III now says "The Gallant people of Afghanistan", which is cool, I think it would be even cooler to rub it in the face of terrorists and change the ending title back to "This film is dedicated to the brave Mujaheddin".
    Last edited by Taieb el-Okbi; 15 Feb 15, 10:00.

It's a Hollywood movie, not based on reality.

BTW, what is an "ex Vietnam Vet"?
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Probably a vet who served in Viet Nam. TeO isn't too good with things like punctuation and so forth. (Ex-Viet-Nam vet, meaning a vet who served in Viet Nam is how it should read but it's awkward structure)
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Wow. We need to take to the streets in protest. Or maybe a hashtag campaign.

Comment

Nah...just send TeO to a "cultural rehabilitation center". I hear North Korea runs the best ones.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

What does the OP have to do with North America?
            Ex Vietnam Vet?
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Who the hell watches that crap?
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I liked all the Rambo movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                  Me too, good fun.

However, it seems someone here considers Rambo 3 a documentary.
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

When Rambo 3 hit the cinemas in Britain it was censored, supposedly because of the Hungerford massacre by Micheal Ryan but in reality the british board of film censors thought there was some animal cruelty and too much knife violence, however the uncut version sold on VHS and later on cd

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                      Wow. We need to take to the streets in protest. Or maybe a hashtag campaign.
                      Flogging, in this case.

My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Well, now I know who.

I'm not a fan of Stallone, for no specific reason.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

same here
                          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X