Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cop Shooting This one is going to be tough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its interesting to note that of the cases they mention, the shooter was cleared in all of them, most recently the twelve-year-old's case.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Its interesting to note that of the cases they mention, the shooter was cleared in all of them, most recently the twelve-year-old's case.
      Crump has brought his organization with him. The last Rally drew 50 people to walk across a bridge. I suspect the next one will have more participants and some national press.
      My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
        Crump has brought his organization with him. The last Rally drew 50 people to walk across a bridge. I suspect the next one will have more participants and some national press.
        Yeah, I don't doubt.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Well, they have established he threw rocks at, and hit, officers, which changes the dynamics, and one such rock was found near the body suggesting it was in hand at the time of the shots fired.

Point in the officers favor.

The authorities are saying he wasn't shot in the back, the family's lawyer says he was hit in the buttocks and backs of his arms.

Of course there's ample documentation to demonstrate that subject **** by gunfire react to the kinetic shock of the bullets (I think its called physics) so the initial shot can go into the front and the last into the back.

With three shooters, positioning of the officers will be critical to determining what did what.

Neither side is sure of how many rounds hit.

What a mess.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/26/us/was...lice-shooting/

Comment

What a mess indeed.
            The local paper has the "buttocks/back of the arm" shot being reported by the 2nd (family's) autopsy.

Big time lawyer Crump will have his first rally tomorrow. As I mentioned before, it will be interesting to see what his group can come up with for coverage.
            It's supposed to rain a bit.
            My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Local news just came on. Lead story was a problem with billing at the local hospital.

Interesting was that Crump decided not to come to town for tomorrows rally. He just sent a video statement.
              They sent the body to FL for a third autopsy. No change in the report.

Real problems coming up with a suitable punch line for T-Shirt sales.

Comment

Yesterday's rally

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2015/0...ugh-pasco.html

35 attend march/rally

Another rally scheduled next Saturday

2 Lawyers agree to work together. Need to finalize a contract between them.

Comment

Update

I'm treading water on this topic. I believe it is important as an alternative to the local responses regarding other Police involved shootings in the news that have involved Black citizens.
                  Obviously, this incident has virtually disappeared from National coverage. At this point everybody is waiting for the Official Review. No deadline for the report has been set.

It appears as if there is a nationwide competition for coverage, orators, t-shirt sales, donations etc.. The Pasco shooting seems to suffer from a few problems:
                  Hispanic victim. Now identified as a Mexican Citizen.
                  Lack of organization within the Hispanic Civil Rights groups.
                  Inability to garner large numbers for demonstrations
                  Smaller town a long distance from a major population center.

The most recent move by the local groups is to attempt for a "Fergurson" style Federal review of the Pasco police force. They have also scheduled meetings at the local Community College for March 27-28.

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Justice is looking into whether the Pasco Police Department uses excessive force and racially biased policing following the shooting of Antonio Zambrano-Montes, Felix Vargas said after meeting with DOJ officials.

Vargas, the chairman of Consejo Latino, met for more than an hour Friday afternoon with two DOJ officials, including a member of the Civil Rights Division.

Vargas said they told him that high-ranking DOJ officials already met this week about the shooting and are studying “two or three options” on how to get involved.

Vargas could not share how the DOJ might get involved, he said.

He stopped short of calling it an “investigation,” but said federal officials are seeking information on whether enough of a problem with excessive force and biased policing exists to warrant the department’s involvement.

Officials are also considering attending community forums March 27 and March 28 at Columbia Basin College.

Zambrano, a Mexican national, died in a Feb. 10 police shooting captured on video.

Vargas traveled to Washington, D.C., this week to press administration and elected officials to open a federal investigation. He also met with Sens. Maria Cantwell and Patty Murray, both D-Wash., who helped arrange the meeting with the Justice Department.

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2015/0...#storylink=cpy

I know this has been a long post, but I found an article on why Pasco developed in the manner it did. The role of the Manhattan Project is well done. As one who spent time in the Tri-Cities during the 1960's, I can vouch for the issues mentioned herein.

http://time.com/3729247/police-shooting-pasco-history/
                  Last edited by holly6; 14 Mar 15, 19:18.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X