President Obama's Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

It's Yemen, the place wasn't wasn't worth much when my Granda fought there and it is worth even less now.

But hey bravado

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
        It's Yemen, the place wasn't wasn't worth much when my Granda fought there and it is worth even less now.

But hey bravado
        Take away the Suez Canal and it would be worthless.

Comment

This is how China deals with its own Islamic problem, the Uyghurs.
          • Stop the muezzin
          • Arrest the mullahs
          • Close the mosques demolish most demolish most minarets
          • Arrest anyone who tries to enforce sharia law.
          • Make women equal to men.
          • All girls must attend school.
          • Do not allow any customs that celebrate violence
          • Arrest anyone who tries to promote violence.
          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Anything Obama touches goes awry. That's a fact and it would appear is the way of life for moment now.

I wonder if we should set up a running bet on which next country will fall apart once Obama gives his personal touch on it?

Equally important is wondering whether there will be any ally left for us to turn off after Obama leaves White House?

I can't help but notice that Obama is deliberately insulting our allies and making half-hearted efforts to combat terrorism in hot spots as if his sole purpose is to make America less safe and more isolated from the world. He did it in a way not even Bush could have done.

Obama is a far more divisive leader than Bush was ever.

Consider that very carefully.
            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
              Anything Obama touches goes awry. That's a fact and it would appear is the way of life for moment now.

I wonder if we should set up a running bet on which next country will fall apart once Obama gives his personal touch on it?

Equally important is wondering whether there will be any ally left for us to turn off after Obama leaves White House?

I can't help but notice that Obama is deliberately insulting our allies and making half-hearted efforts to combat terrorism in hot spots as if his sole purpose is to make America less safe and more isolated from the world. He did it in a way not even Bush could have done.

Obama is a far more divisive leader than Bush was ever.

Consider that very carefully.
              Oh, I don't think that Bush isolated the U.S. from the world all that much. He was actually very popular in Africa, good parts of South American, and East Asia. Europeans did not like him because of his political affiliation and his strong religious convictions. However, he is known to have got along very well with world leaders, and that is the big point. Nations are abstract concepts and therefore do not conduct relations with one another. It is the people who govern those nations that do, and George Bush from most accounts excelled in this. How do you think the very shaky "Coalition of the Willing" was able to maintain itself over all these years? Notice how it fell apart when he left office and Obama entered. Obama has the reputation of being aloof and disinterested in "shop matters," and is said to be personally haughty to boot. The people of Europe almost universally detested Bush, but not so her leaders. OTOH, the people of Europe (for a long while) almost universally loved Obama, but apparently not so by European leaders, because unlike the populace of Europe they had to actually deal with the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyan67 View Post
                Oh, I don't think that Bush isolated the U.S. from the world all that much. He was actually very popular in Africa, good parts of South American, and East Asia. Europeans did not like him because of his political affiliation and his strong religious convictions. However, he is known to have got along very well with world leaders, and that is the big point. Nations are abstract concepts and therefore do not conduct relations with one another. It is the people who govern those nations that do, and George Bush from most accounts excelled in this. How do you think the very shaky "Coalition of the Willing" was able to maintain itself over all these years? Notice how it fell apart when he left office and Obama entered. Obama has the reputation of being aloof and disinterested in "shop matters," and is said to be personally haughty to boot. The people of Europe almost universally detested Bush, but not so her leaders. OTOH, the people of Europe (for a long while) almost universally loved Obama, but apparently not so by European leaders, because unlike the populace of Europe they had to actually deal with the man.
                I will say that Bush didn't give a head of state a copy of his recorded speeches as a gift, return gifts from foreign leaders that the US has possessed for decades, didn't repeatedly, and deliberately, snub a head of state at the White House and elsewhere, didn't wander into meetings with other nations to deliver utter drivel, or leave important issues of state sitting in the "In" pile for weeks without even the least concern then give half-assed excuses for why nothing was done.

Obama does all that and not just once or twice, but all the time. He is the most self-centered, narcissistic, and ignorant man to occupy the White House for over 100 years, and possibly ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyan67 View Post
                  The people of Europe almost universally detested Bush, but not so her leaders. OTOH, the people of Europe (for a long while) almost universally loved Obama, but apparently not so by European leaders, because unlike the populace of Europe they had to actually deal with the man.

This is doubtful :it would be better to say that the left media in Europe hated Bush (secretly they were happy when 9/11 arrived) and are adoring Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                    This is doubtful :it would be better to say that the left media in Europe hated Bush (secretly they were happy when 9/11 arrived) and are adoring Obama.
                    The UK media focuses on the US in the run up to presidential elections and for globally important issues. The US does feature strongly so we did not see a lot of Bush or Obama. Of what we did see, I would say there was a slight bias against Bush and a relish in focusing on his spoken errors. Conversely, Obama's personal character is rarely if ever questioned. The benefit of being a superb orator.
                    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X