Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Obama's Strategy

The President's speech last September:

This counterterrorism campaign will be waged through a steady, relentless effort to take out ISIL wherever they exist, using our air power and our support for partner forces on the ground. This strategy of taking out terrorists who threaten us, while supporting partners on the front lines, is one that we have successfully pursued in Yemen and Somalia for years. And it is consistent with the approach I outlined earlier this year: to use force against anyone who threatens America’s core interests, but to mobilize partners wherever possible to address broader challenges to international order.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...esident-isil-1

Five months later, we tuck tail and run....

Yemen rebels seized U.S. Embassy vehicles in the capital of Sanaa on Wednesday as diplomats fled the country and several foreign embassies closed amid deteriorating security conditions.

More than 25 vehicles were taken by Houthi rebels after Americans departed the city's airport, airport officials told the Associated Press.
    The Marine Corps said security personnel destroyed their personal weapons before boarding a commercial flight out of Yemen.

They destroyed heavier weapons, such as machine guns, before departing the shuttered U.S. Embassy in an "orderly" evacuation, said Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman. He said "several" vehicles were left behind.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...ures/23220185/

We had forces ready to do a NEO.

Two amphibious ships moved into the Red Sea on Wednesday to be ready should U.S. officials order an evacuation in Yemen, a Navy official confirmed to Navy Times, as clashes intensify in the capital.

The amphibious assault ship Iwo Jima and dock landing ship Fort McHenry, with embarked troops from the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit, have not been tasked, but could aid in the event of an evacuation of the U.S. embassy in Sanaa, Navy spokeswoman Lt. Cmdr. Sarah Flaherty said.

"Iwo Jima and Fort McHenry are there as part of normal operations," Flaherty said. "If there were an evacuation, that would be an option, that those two ships are there with the Marines and the MEU."

http://www.navytimes.com/story/break...emen/22119031/

I pray for our troops and their families. This president scares the **** out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
      I pray for our troops and their families. This president scares the **** out of me.
      That goes for both of us!
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
        The troops aren't the only ones paying the price....

Comment

"Obama" and "strategy" do not belong in the same sentence, let alone in the same White House.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Look at it this way- it could be worse. Could have been another Benghazi. He's actually improving...

Comment

Obama is an idiot.

Comment

Yemen reminds me of what happened in Saigon the day North Vietnam invaded the city with the exception that the Marines took their personnel weapons with them.
                “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post
                  Look at it this way- it could be worse. Could have been another Benghazi. He's actually improving...
                  "Improving"? I would hate to see your definition of "failure".

"I wouldn't trust any of them with a potato gun!"
                  Armageddon
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Obama is an idiot.
                    Ah yes, but he is STILL a Progressive god.

Comment

Obama has a strategy? I thought this might be about his golf game.
                      "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Here I thought Obama's strategy was to make himself out to be the greatest President in history and a paragon of intellect. He doesn't give a $h!+ about America or anybody else. Isn't it obvious?

Comment

Originally posted by rkohut View Post
                          Ah yes, but he is STILL a Progressive god.
                          What's the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
                            Obama has a strategy? I thought this might be about his golf game.
                            Obama has no strategy....The White House strategy comes from these two morons.

Valerie Jarret
                            Susan Rice

The village idiots

Comment

Just another Country we are getting out of. (Read: Scurrying out.)

The mighty US of A. The monkeys are beggaring the lion in his den.

GG
                              "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X