Obama and war authority against ISIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jannie View Post
    I cannot find the reference right now, but just recently there was another Congressman threatening impeachment against Obama if he puts boots on the ground against ISIL. In this matter, I think Obama would be unwise to act without Congressís permission and even advice. In some of the other matters, especially the immigration thing, I donít think they would succeed with a conviction in an impeachment proceeding, but in this war powers situation I think he should not act unilaterally.

To my mind, that could likely be an impeachable offense or more impeachable than the rest of his Executive Orders and unilateral actions. Many more Republicans seem to desire a boots on the ground situation than Democrats, so let them give him permission. They donít have to declare war but just give permission for an action there as the Congress gave George W. Bush before he did the Iraq invasion. Plus Obama got hammered when he did not consult with Congress about his actions in Libya in 2011. We should give him credit for learning from that situation.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X