Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Melting Arctic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I seem to remember this argument on the forum at least twice before, always producing a tsunami of charts and graphs from Doc.

    If it melts, it melts. If any one of you thinks he can stop it, do it.

    Otherwise, it will be what it will be, period.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      Some might believe what you post. I always take it in question. You do have a source for your opinion, like a link or something.
      the-boss-the-first-grizzly-bear-out-in-banff-national-park

      http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-...-national-park

      Boss, the Chieftain of his mountain clan, wakes up earlier than the park black bears- and has learned the trick of smashing open their dens for a nourishing spring lunch of brains and 'trimmings'

      By breeding season he is in 'prime shape'....
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
        Instead of lying about what I have posted, simply quote the actual post in which I referred to it as "proof."
        the link is in your post.

        Further from the NOAA:
        Attached Files
        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by marktwain View Post
          the link is in your post.

          Further from the NOAA:
          Instead of lying about what I have posted, simply quote the actual post in which I referred to it as "proof."
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I seem to remember this argument on the forum at least twice before, always producing a tsunami of charts and graphs from Doc.

            If it melts, it melts. If any one of you thinks he can stop it, do it.

            Otherwise, it will be what it will be, period.
            that's good advice.

            Global climate change has benefited Canada - the sons of 1960's hardscrabble Clay belt farmers now run bonanza oilseed farms.

            No more Ressor's crossings. Thank God.

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reesor_...Strike_of_1963
            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

            Comment


            • #36
              Mark, I generally agree with much of what you post--but this is an issue I have some difficulty with.

              Sometime last year a big news item was about the walruses having to haul out on land rather than ice because the ice was melting. It was at that point that I realized a good deal of “The Arctic is melting” was probably manufactured propaganda. I knew that land haul-outs in summer were favored hunting grounds for Eskimos for eons.

              I just don’t get too shook up over it any more. I have not for some time, but the walrus story was pretty blatant crappola.

              Then, just recently I read about some Canadian ferry getting stuck in the ice off of Nova Scotia in mid-March yet, and having had to have ice breaker to the rescue. That was another story that raised my suspicions somewhat. I never did see that story in the US media.

              http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ry-nova-scotia

              It seems to me that “The ice is melting” stuff is being faked and “the ice is bad this year” stories are being ignored.

              When the Canadians stop going to Florida en masse in winter is when I will start to worry!
              Homo homini lupus

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Jannie View Post
                Mark, I generally agree with much of what you post--but this is an issue I have some difficulty with.

                Sometime last year a big news item was about the walruses having to haul out on land rather than ice because the ice was melting. It was at that point that I realized a good deal of “The Arctic is melting” was probably manufactured propaganda. I knew that land haul-outs in summer were favored hunting grounds for Eskimos for eons.

                I just don’t get too shook up over it any more. I have not for some time, but the walrus story was pretty blatant crappola.

                Then, just recently I read about some Canadian ferry getting stuck in the ice off of Nova Scotia in mid-March yet, and having had to have ice breaker to the rescue. That was another story that raised my suspicions somewhat. I never did see that story in the US media.

                http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ry-nova-scotia

                It seems to me that “The ice is melting” stuff is being faked and “the ice is bad this year” stories are being ignored.

                When the Canadians stop going to Florida en masse in winter is when I will start to worry!
                Good post, Jannie

                The fishery in the Canadian Arctic is expected to increase, so the Inuit will end up eating salmon.

                Walrus are repopulating Iceland..

                http://icelanddefrosted.com/50-crazy...elandic-sheep/
                The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                Comment

                Latest Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X