Obama Pushed To "Define Your Enemy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Pushed To "Define Your Enemy"

This comes along with the recent opening of a thread on the dangers of political correctness.

Sen. Kelly Ayotte pressed ahead Sunday with calls to get the Obama administration to declare war against radical Islam, as groups such as the Islamic State and Al Qaeda gain strength across continents, following the purported beheading by ISIS of a Japanese journalist.
    “It very much matters because you have to define your enemy,” Ayotte, R-N.H., told “Fox News Sunday.” “The administration should spend less time on political correctness and more time on a strategy."
    Ayotte made her comments as Islamic State, also known as ISIS, continues to grow and solidify in Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq, where the extremist group now controls about one-third of the country.
    Twice last month, the White House struggled with trying to define terrorism.
    In the days after a deadly terror spree last month in France, President Obama was criticized for purposely avoiding calling the attacks an example of “Islamic extremism,” settling for the more generic “violent extremism.”
    In January, twelve people were murdered in France when two brothers, Said and Cherif Kouachi, shot 11 journalists at a satirical magazine and later executed a police officer on a Paris street. Five other people were killed over the next two days by one of the brothers' associates.
    French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said the attacks suggested the world was “waging a war against Islamist extremists.” And British Prime Minister David Cameron said afterward that Europe and the U.S. face a “very serious Islamist extremist terrorist threat.”
    In 2014, at least five Western hostages were killed by ISIS in less than three months: U.S. aid worker Peter Kassig, American journalists James Foley and Steven Sotloff, and Britons David Haines, a former Royal Air Force engineer, and Alan Henning, a taxi driver from northwest England.
    Last week, the White House tried to explain why the administration sometimes classifies the Afghan Taliban as a terrorist organization -- and sometimes does not.
    White House spokesman Josh Earnest says Obama has avoided associating the attacks with Islam for the sake of “accuracy.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...mic-extremism/

Another one of his promised democracies, Nigeria, is on the verge of collapse as Islamic Extreme invade a major city of two million residences. http://abcnews.go.com/International/...geria-28638802
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
      Another one of his promised democracies, Nigeria, is on the verge of collapse as Islamic Extreme invade a major city of two million residences. http://abcnews.go.com/International/...geria-28638802
      Ah, Boko Haram the ISIS of Western Africa... Another group on the verge of forming a hardline Islamic state.

Comment

Congress must declare war. Does not Senator Ayotte know that?

...Sen. Kelly Ayotte pressed ahead Sunday with calls to get the Obama administration to declare war against radical Islam...

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
          FDR called on Congress to declare war on Japan in 1941.

I bet she knows that.
          "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
          George Mason
          Co-author of the Second Amendment
          during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberknight View Post
            ...FDR called on Congress to declare war on Japan in 1941. I bet she knows that...
            I hope so.

Comment

She's got the Obama administration confused with the Lincoln administration.
              “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
              --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Could be a good idea to send some boots on the ground,cause we frogs are feeling a bit alone since a year there...
                Heyho Barack!
                We're supposed to be your most faithful ally .....
                That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                  Could be a good idea to send some boots on the ground,cause we frogs are feeling a bit alone since a year there...
                  Heyho Barack!
                  We're supposed to be your most faithful ally .....
                  Nope. That would be England.

Nice try, though.

GG
                  "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post

Nice try, though.

GG
                    I am not saying that.
                    It's Kerry and Obama who said it.
                    But you're a great french addict,looking at your user's name..
                    That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post

Nice try, though.

GG
                      Actually, that would be the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. We wouldn't want out friends in Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Isles of Man and Wight to feel unloved.

Maybe Pres Obama is seeking to emulate . . . . a higher level of politics.

If Obama can pull that off, then my opinion of him might pull a full 180.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Not the issue. If you re-read the original post, Obama cannot declare war on something he cannot bring himself to even say - "radical Islam", "Islamic terrorists", etc.

THAT is the basic problem, not asking Congress to do anything. In case you haven't noticed, we've been at war for over a decade in the Middle East without a Congressional declaration of war, and we still are.

They're called "limited conflicts", "aid to oppressed nations", "nation building" and "spreading Democracy".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X